I, Caroline, go deep into the tiger’s den!
462 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the center of the Square of the God of Storms, more and more people were watching. After all, the person proposing in public today was Young Master Claude of the Duke's Palace. This young master was good for nothing and a womanizer, and his reputation in Cordero City was not very good.

However, the girls who have been bullied by him will receive a large amount of compensation after leaving the Duke's Palace. Therefore, although this young master's reputation is not very good, he has not become a street rat that everyone wants to beat.

In fact, many girls in Cordero City still hope that Master Claude will let someone kidnap them. Unfortunately, after so many years, they have all married, and Master Claude has not sent anyone to kidnap them.

Now, it is unbelievable, no matter how you think about the useless and lustful young master Claude proposing in the middle of the God of Storm Square in public.

And...are Master Claude and the girl carrying the big sword really a couple?

No matter how they look at it, they don’t think it looks like it.

Although the young master Claude who proposed marriage was smiling, what was the matter with the helpless look in his eyes?

At this time, shouldn't his eyes be full of love and tenderness?

And the young lady named Caroline, her golden pupils, were not only cold but also cold and ashamed. Happy?

Sorry, maybe they are blind, but they didn't see it anyway.

The atmosphere of the proposal was also quite strange, and there was no romance at all.

Claude looked at Caroline's outstretched left hand, sighed in his heart, opened the ring box, took out a heart-shaped women's ring set with rubies, and slowly put it on the ring finger of Caroline's left hand.

"Um, Miss Caroline, your left ring finger seems a bit fat. This ring...can't fit on it."

An embarrassing thing happened. I don’t know whether it was because the ring was too small or because Caroline’s fingers were fat. He couldn’t wear the engagement ring.

Could it be that this is God's will?

God knew that he, Claude, would be wronged if he married Caroline?

Caroline glanced at Claude expressionlessly, and a sneer appeared on her cold and aloof face. Ha, he was really bad; even with the proposal, he did not forget to humiliate her.

"It's just the right size."

Uh-huh!

Caroline drew her sword, and a snow-white sword light flashed away. A crack appeared on the ring on Claude's hand. "Try putting it on again."

Claude looked at the few strands of long hair falling slowly from his forehead; his face turned dark; she opened a slit in the ring with his sword; and she also cut off a strand of long hair on his forehead, on purpose!

Caroline, this bastard definitely did it on purpose!

As for that, wasn't it because she broke off the engagement five years ago?

Although her reputation was damaged by breaking off the engagement, she gained freedom and incredible opportunities. She only got these after breaking off the engagement. How could she not think of this?

She hated him for breaking off the engagement.

Can our vision and minds be less narrow?

Thinking like this,Claude took a step forward, opened the ring with a cut on his hand, and put it on the ring finger of Caroline's left hand. "Miss Caroline, I hope you won't give me a chance to break off the engagement in the future."

Caroline glanced at the ring on her hand, took back her left hand, and looked at Claude coldly. "You won't have this chance, believe me."

"..."

"Then do we need to hold a wedding ceremony?"

"You do whatever you want; I will cooperate."

Claude waved his hand with a look of disappointment on his face. "In order to get revenge, you don't even care about the bottom line?"

Caroline didn't say anything. She took a step forward and took the initiative to hold Claude's right hand with her left hand.

The moment he was held by Caroline, Claude shivered immediately. This hand was too cold and soft.

"Let's go; take me home." Caroline said.

Claude: "...."

If he hadn't known that Caroline had evil intentions towards him, at this moment, he might have mistakenly thought that Caroline's hatred for him was born out of love.

"Miss Caroline, don't tell me that you are really planning to live in the City Lord's Mansion."

"No, to be precise, I want to live with you."

"Haha, Miss Caroline, you are a bit too arrogant."

"Not as arrogant as you. After all, you dared to break off the engagement just by showing up at home when you were just an adult."

Claude shook Caroline's hand and said with a smile, "If I had not broken off the engagement back then, there would be no Frost Sword Master now. Miss Caroline, you have gained far more than you have lost, so why do you have to remember what happened five years ago?"

Caroline turned her head, with a hint of a smile on her cold face. "So, am I not repaying you with my own body now? I have never forgotten the 'kindness' you showed me back then."

Claude looked at Caroline's half-smiling expression, sighed, and lost the desire to talk to Caroline. It seemed that he could not change Caroline's opinion of him in such a short time.

Let's get along slowly. After getting along for a long time, Caroline may be able to change her view of him.

"Let's go back to the City Lord's Mansion."

Claude and Caroline held hands, left Storm God Square, and walked towards the City Lord's Mansion.

The seemingly intimate gesture of holding hands is actually Caroline testing Claude to confirm whether he has really awakened the power of the Demon Star.

The result of the test made her heart hit rock bottom. As a Frost Sword Master, her left hand was strong enough to crush steel into powder.

And the force she used to test the thunder, although it did not reach this level, was enough to crush rocks.

The force that was enough to crush rocks fell on Claude's hand, but he didn't respond at all. She gradually increased the force, and it remained the same.

It was as if what she was holding was not a physical hand but the indestructible star core in the Astrology Temple.

He can't practice fighting spirit or meditate to communicate with elemental spirits, but he has an indestructible body. This guy must have awakened the power of the Demon Star a long time ago!

Keeping the artifact close to you is just a way to deceive the world!

Claude is indeed the reincarnation of the Demon Star!

What should I do now?

Pass this news on to Master?

Impossible. The two saint-level powerhouses in the City Lord's Mansion would not give her this chance.

Contact the divine court branch in Cordero City. Let the divine court come forward?

Caroline shook her head in her mind. It was unclear whether the Divine Court branch in Cordero City was still loyal to the Divine Court.

This idea is also undesirable.

At present, it seems that she cannot take action easily before she is absolutely sure; otherwise, she will most likely be killed in the city's main palace first.

Now, the safest way is to stand still for the time being and wait for the opportunity.

The defense of the City Lord's Mansion cannot always be so tight, and the two saint-level powerhouses cannot stay in the City Lord's Mansion forever.

Unless they have given up on entering the divine realm, the two saint-level experts will definitely leave the city lord's mansion.

And she must get rid of the demonic barriers in her heart as soon as possible and strive to enter the divine realm as soon as possible.

As long as she becomes the sword god, her situation in the City Lord's Mansion will change dramatically.

To be continued...

11