I refuse; I am used to sleeping alone.
701 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The divine realm is the sacred palace in the hearts of all saint-level powerful people. All saint-level powerful people are proud to step into that sacred palace, and Caroline is no exception.

But she didn't expect that her reappearance in front of Claude five years later would be to prepare for entering the divine realm. If it hadn't been for the accidental discovery that Claude was the reincarnation of the Demon Star, she would have settled the grudge between Claude and her.

Her master said that the heart of the sword must not be covered with dust and must be crystal clear. Only in this way can she go further in the way of swordsmanship.

She originally wanted to cut off the grudge between her and Claude earlier, but now she has to postpone it indefinitely.

But that's fine; getting along with Claude, the reincarnation of the Demon Star, is like sharpening the sword.

Claude couldn't feel the thoughts in Caroline's heart, but he could guess a thing or two. In his opinion, Caroline's behavior of asking him to propose was hurting herself in disguise, not him.

Of course, there is no absolute in this matter. After all, the two of them will live together under the same roof for a long time. If he has feelings for Caroline, it is not certain who will be hurt by then.

Things like feelings are really not suitable to be used for anger or revenge.

It's a pity that Caroline doesn't understand, or that she does, but she feels that she has complete control over her emotions.

Sometimes being too confident is not a good thing.

Feeling the increasing strength in Caroline's hand, Claude shook his head in his mind. Childish behavior—what's the use of this kind of temptation?

At most, it can be discovered that he is not just a noble young man with no power to restrain the chicken.

After leaving the Square of the God of Storms, the two of them were silent all the way. It was not until they returned to the City Lord's Mansion that they communicated again.

Outside the city lord's palace, the news that Master Claude proposed to a silver-white, long-haired female swordsman in the square began to spread throughout the city. By noon, almost all the residents of Cordero City knew about it.

The useless and lustful young master Claude proposed to marry someone, which instantly aroused the curiosity of the residents of Cordero City.

The identity of the beautiful swordsman with silver-white hair has also aroused speculation among some residents.

Soon, Caroline's identity information was uncovered by extremely curious residents.

After knowing the exact identity of Caroline, the residents of Cordero City took a breath of air conditioning.

Caroline Edward?

Isn't this the daughter of Earl Edward's family?

If they remember correctly, five years ago, the good-for-nothing and lecherous Young Master Claude came to the house in person to break off the engagement on the day of his coming-of-age ceremony, right?

Because of this incident, Earl Edward's Mansion became the biggest topic of conversation in Cordero City overnight, and Miss Caroline, who was extremely famous in the aristocratic circles of the imperial capital at that time, also became a celebrity overnight an object of discussion.

Later, Earl Edward took his family to the imperial capital because he couldn't stand the people's comments about him in Cordero City.

Caroline also disappeared at that time. Unexpectedly, it was five years later when Caroline appeared again.

What's even more dramatic is that the loser and lustful young man who once broke off the engagement actually proposed to Miss Caroline again.

Is it because Miss Caroline became the Frost Sword Master?

Claude, who returned to the City Lord's Mansion, didn't know that five years ago, he inadvertently made Caroline the subject of discussion. Five years later, he himself became the subject of discussion among the people of Cordero City.

Behind his title of good-for-nothing and lustful, there is another title of bullying and turning back.

His reputation got worse.

_____________________________________

City Lord's Mansion, Claude's courtyard.

Back at the City Lord's Mansion, Claude took Caroline directly to the courtyard where he lived. He originally wanted to take Caroline to meet his father and mother, but thinking of the chill that was always radiating from Caroline, he gave up this idea.

"This courtyard is where I live. There is a restaurant, a main hall, a bathroom, and a toilet. There are also several bedrooms. You can go around and see which style of bedroom you like."

Claude came to the grape trellis, took the black tea that the maid had brewed for him, and gave Caroline an overview of the layout of the courtyard.

He didn't think that Caroline was really prepared to sleep in the same bedroom with him, and even if she really had this intention, he wouldn't agree.

After so many years, he has become accustomed to sleeping alone.

Caroline looked at the courtyard where Claude lived. It was quiet and elegant, with hills, flowing water, and fish ponds. It didn't have those extremely luxurious decorations, but it gave people a fresh and natural feeling. As expected of the eldest son of the Grand Duke, he would really enjoy it.

Looking around the scenery in the courtyard, Caroline responded to Claude's previous words, "No need; I'll share a bedroom with you."

The maid who was making black tea for Caroline suddenly raised her head when she heard this, with a look of disbelief on her face. This female swordsman actually asked to sleep in the same bedroom with the young master. Could it be that the young Lord's spring has come?

"Sorry, I refuse. I'm not used to sleeping in the same bed as others. You'd better choose another bedroom."

"It just so happens that I don't like sleeping in the same bed with others. I'll put an extra bed in your bedroom, and we'll sleep in separate beds."

After saying that, Caroline strode to the maid, stretching out her hand to hold the maid's hand. "It's overflowing."

"Huh? I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I'll clean it up right away."

Caroline didn't say anything. This was not the Earl's Mansion, and the maid's impoliteness had nothing to do with her.

"Liz, you go down; I'll take care of things here."

When the maid named Liz heard Claude's words, she put the rag in her hand on the stone table under the grape trellis, bowed to Claude, and turned around to leave.

The young lord doesn't like to repeat what he says a second time. Even if she fails in her duty, she only needs to obey the order at this time.

After watching Liz leave, Claude came to the stone table, picked up a rag and wiped off some black tea on the stone table, smiled softly at Caroline, and said, "Miss Caroline, sit down and chat."

A polite and distant smile.

Caroline made a judgment about Claude's smile. In this man's eyes, she was no different from five years ago.

She sat down opposite Claude and clenched her hands into fists under the stone table. She didn't like this smile; it disgusted her.

"Tell me, what are you talking about?" A cold voice sounded.

"Let's talk about the possible misunderstanding between the two of us." Claude said.

"Misunderstanding?" When Caroline heard this, she looked at it and sneered, "Does the misunderstanding you are talking about refer to the breakup of the engagement five years ago?"

Claude smiled and pushed the black tea that the maid had brewed for Caroline in front of her. "Try it. The black tea produced in Hongwusen has a good taste."

Caroline did not refuse. She picked up the black tea, took a sip, and looked directly at Claude. She wanted to hear what the 'misunderstanding' in his mouth was.

"Miss Caroline, before, I always thought that after we broke off the engagement, we would still be friends, but I didn't expect..." Speaking of this, Claude spread his hands, smiled bitterly, and continued, "I didn't expect that in your heart; I am your enemy who humiliated you, and I even gave you inner demons, which I didn’t expect.”

To be continued...

7