Chapter 70 – A dear friend
140 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like the story and want to see more, take a look at my Patreon, where you'll find several chapters ahead of the public. And you'll also be helping me reach my dream of being a full-time writer.

"Let me tell you one more time, but no matter which path you decide to take, you'll have our full support. However, it's important that you make a decision now, as there may not be another opportunity like this in the future"

Peter declared as he turned around, already preparing to leave. However, before he could do so, Wanda stopped him by holding his hand.

"Peter, wait."

After being gently called and feeling the soft touch of the redhead's hands, Peter turned almost instinctively. However, as soon as he turned, he was surprised once again, but this time by another embrace from Wanda. However, this one was somewhat different from the previous one; it had a peculiar and comforting tenderness.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't even express the immense happiness I'm feeling for you being back. Not just to form this new team with Mrs. Natt, but also for you caring and coming after me. Thank you"

Wanda said, still embraced by Peter.

After that warm and sincere hug from Wanda, Peter began to feel a comforting and unique warmth that he had never felt before, starting to spread throughout his chest. Determined to reciprocate the hug with the same care and affection that the redhead had given him, he enveloped her in his arms firmly, as if he wanted to protect her from anyone or any danger that might come.

"You don't need to apologize, Wanda. I'll be here for you, whenever you need. But promise me you'll get this out of your head and never let people call you what you're not, okay? You're not a wild monster, on the contrary, you're a beautiful, incredible, and kind girl. Got it?"

"I promise!"

Wanda replied, who had already stopped crying and now displaying a slight blush at Peter's compliments.

(Did he just call me beautiful?)

Wanda thought, feeling her cheeks blush even more as she tried to disguise her emotion.

Peter noticed the slight blush on Wanda's cheeks, and suddenly a feeling of realization took hold of him. He realized what he had said and how those words could have been interpreted. His heart began to beat a little faster as he tried to find the right words to undo any misunderstanding.

"Oh, don't get me wrong, I mean... You know... I meant... You're a very dear friend and..."

Peter tried to articulate, but his words seemed more and more jumbled and clumsy.

Wanda, on the other hand, looked at him with a shy smile, her eyes shining with a mixture of gratitude and amusement. She knew exactly what he was trying to say.

"Peter, it's okay"

Wanda interrupted him.

"I understood what you meant."

Wanda continued, but this time releasing the hug she had given Peter a few minutes ago. However, Wanda still stared at him, but with the look of someone who still had something to say. Peter, realizing this, chose to remain silent, allowing the redhead to continue.

Wanda took a deep breath, trying to find the right words before saying anything.

"I appreciate the compliments, and again, you managed to bring me that feeling of joy that I haven't felt in a long time, thank you very much."

Wanda said with a smile on her face as she ran her hand through Peter's hair.

"You don't have to thank me, as I've said before, we're friends and friends are there for these things, to help us or support us whenever we need it. So, anything, just count on me."

Peter replied, returning the same smile as Wanda. However, after speaking those words, he didn't even notice Wanda's expression change slightly to a sad one, and that happened because of the small phrase Peter had said.

(So, he just sees me as a friend and nothing more?)

Thought Wanda, somewhat with a sad expression as she looked down.

Peter, noticing the sudden change in the redhead's behavior, asked with some concern on his face.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, everything's fine."

Wanda replied, trying to disguise the discomfort and anguish she felt at that moment. And as a response to that situation, she chose to return a smile to Peter.

After Wanda answered Peter's question, both she and he stared at each other for a few seconds, until embarrassment hit them.

Realizing the uncomfortable atmosphere that was in the air between them, Peter decided it was time to dissipate any misunderstandings.

"Well, I guess it's time to go. We have a lot to do, don't we?"

Peter suggested, trying to change the direction where that conversation was going.

Wanda nodded with a slight smile.

"Yes, we have a lot to do. Let's go."

Said Wanda as she slowly moved away from Peter, who was still looking at her with a pleasant gaze. After noticing that he wasn't by her side, Wanda stopped for a moment and turned around.

"Aren't you coming?"

Wanda asked, with a cute expression of confusion on her face.

Upon realizing that affectionate and tender look from the young woman, Peter mentally bit his lips, trying to dismiss those thoughts he was having.

(My god, how can a person be so beautiful and perfect at the same time.)

But little did Peter know that Wanda, at that moment, had invaded his mind without his permission and had heard that comment, which ended up leaving the redhead with a slightly flushed face after hearing that revelation.

"I'm coming."

Peter replied, all awkward, mentally asking for Wanda not to have heard that embarrassing comment of his. As for Wanda, she still stood there, very flushed, after hearing that unintentional revelation from Peter. Wanda shook her head, trying to dismiss the thoughts that were hovering in her mind.

The two then continued their walk out of the forest, but this time side by side. If anyone witnessed that scene, they would surely find it cute or think that the two were up to something. But leaving that aside, they walked almost the entire way out of the woods in complete silence without saying a single word.

Attention: From now on, I ask that you completely disregard all the personality and character that you know of the heroes, whether from films or comics. Because for the story to flow better, I'm going to have to make some changes, so don't complain later that such a character would never say such a thing.

 

RECOGNITION TO MEMBERS:

Matthew Jimenez🤝 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE DOMAIN EXPANSION "MAHAYANA PRISON".

Julio Posas🤝 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE DOMAIN EXPANSION "MAHAYANA PRISON".

5