Chapter 71 – Training
129 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like the story and want to see more, take a look at my Patreon, where you'll find several chapters ahead of the public. And you'll also be helping me reach my dream of being a full-time writer.

Before Peter and Wanda got out of the woods, Peter decided to strike up a conversation with the redhead again, but this time confirming to her that they weren't so different as she thought.

"Wanda, I'm going to say this one more time, so you don't forget"

Said Peter out of nowhere, which startled Wanda for a few seconds. However, the redhead began to look at the young man with a certain interest in the subject he was about to bring up.

"And as I've said before, sometimes it takes courage to do what's right, even if that, for some reason, ends up distancing us from people"

Said Peter, receiving a look of understanding from Wanda.

"And guess what? Nothing changed, even if you wanted to distance yourself from them, in order not to hurt them, for some reason it was always the opposite that happened. You just kept sinking deeper into this sea of loneliness and despair that you created yourself, but even if you wanted to distance yourself from these people because of the fear of hurting them, it was..."

Peter commented as he walked alongside Wanda. However, before he could finish his sentence, the redhead interrupted him, adding a little something to what he was saying.

"As if it were eating you up inside"

Wanda said.

After Wanda's words, a brief silence settled between her and Peter, during which their eyes met. Although Peter opted for silence, it was almost evident to Wanda that he was thinking the same thing as her.

(I told you, we're not as different as you thought we were.)

After that small conversation they had that ended up strengthening their bonds even more, both Peter and Wanda decided it was time to leave the woods. After they left, they were surprised by Pietro and a Natasha with an unfriendly face waiting for them outside the compound.

"How are you feeling now?"

Pietro asked, somewhat concerned about his sister as he hugged her.

"I'm much better now, all thanks to Peter"

Said Wanda as she stepped away from her brother and then glanced in Peter's direction almost imperceptibly.

Natasha, with a serious look, observed the interaction between Wanda and Peter before speaking.

"You two have a lot of explaining to do"

Her voice carried a tone of suspicion that didn't go unnoticed by any of those present.

Peter felt a shiver run down his spine as he tried to gather his words. He knew he would have to explain the situation carefully, especially in the face of Natasha's evident distrust.

"Natasha, we..."

Peter tried to explain somehow, but Natasha interrupted him.

"I don't want to hear your excuses, but never leave without telling me again, are we clear?"

Natasha asked as she pulled Peter's ear, giving him a lecture.

"I understand"

Peter replied.

Said Peter as he let out a tear, expressing the intensity of the pain he was feeling from the ear pull.

"But I am not to blame for any of this, I warned Mr. Stark, if you wanna blame someone, blame him"

Peter continued, kind of trying to shift the blame and ratting out Tony.

"From him I expected it, since he's a reckless one, but not from you. And don't forget, your safeties in our hands. Remember what you told your aunt?"

Natasha asked, still with a serious look as she stared at Peter.

"I remember, but what could possibly go wrong? We are not even near the compound?"

Peter asked, turning to face Natasha again.

"The problem am not just that; it's actually you disobeying an order without informing me, even though I'm the team leader and therefore responsible for all of you. So, whatever happens to you, the blame falls on me"

Natasha replied, letting out a brief sigh to calm herself.

"I promise next time I'll personally come to you to ask for permission"

Peter also replied to Natasha in the same tone, but those present noticed a hint of sarcasm in his words, even Natasha noticed but chose not to do anything about it and let it slide.

"No need, as long as you understood, it's good enough. But I can't just let this slide without doing anything, let's see what punishment I'll give you guys…"

Natasha said, looking at Peter and then putting her hand on her chin as if in doubt while staring at the three in front of her.

"I know. You three, uniforms now"

Natasha said, quickly and shortly with a somewhat wicked look while looking at Peter, Pietro, and Wanda.

"Wait, why though?"

Pietro asked, all innocent.

"What do you think? Time for our quick training"

Natasha replied promptly, though she didn't understand the look of astonishment on both Peter's and the Maximoff siblings' faces.

"But why me too? I didn't do anything. If you're going to punish someone with your killer training, do it to these two, they're the ones who disobeyed your orders, not me"

Pietro asked, with a confused look on his face not understanding.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that rudeness, and you will train, yes, because she's your younger sister and you, as the older brother, it's your duty to take care of her. Now, go"

Nattasha said, getting serious and scaring the three who ran inside the compound.

"This is all your fault, you two"

Pietro said as he ran with a somewhat closed face alongside Peter and the sister.

"My bad, man. But we can't deny we both have a bit of blame in all this, both me and Wanda"

Peter commented somewhat cheerfully as he ran alongside Pietro and Wanda, subtly teasing the redhead's brother, not letting his joke show too easily.

After Natasha almost shouted, but already shouting at the three of them, they began to run and search desperately for their uniforms in their rooms.

Inside his room, Pietro began to search desperately for clothes, until he found a blue jacket with a gray lightning bolt running from his left shoulder to his ribcage. After picking up the jacket, he put it on and then grabbed a pair of black jeans and a pair of black sneakers. After putting on his makeshift uniform, he was about to leave when he saw a pair of glasses on his desk.

Attention: From now on, I ask that you completely disregard all the personality and character that you know of the heroes, whether from films or comics. Because for the story to flow better, I'm going to have to make some changes, so don't complain later that such a character would never say such a thing.

 

RECOGNITION TO MEMBERS:

Matthew Jimenez🤝 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE DOMAIN EXPANSION "MAHAYANA PRISON".

Julio Posas🤝 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE DOMAIN EXPANSION "MAHAYANA PRISON".

6