Chapter 9 – A new member?
846 9 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like the story and want to see more, take a look at my Patreon, where you'll find several chapters ahead of the public. And you'll also be helping me reach my dream of being a full-time writer.

Just as Peter was about to jump off the building, something interrupted his thoughts. Natasha began to sneak up on him with a gun pointed at his head. However, Peter had already sensed her presence with his spider-sense and before she could do anything, he was faster than her and, without her realizing it because of his speed, managed to disarm her.

"If I were you, I'd take off that mask. Otherwise, I won't hesitate to pull the trigger. And I'm pretty sure that, considering the short distance between us, you won't have time or space to dodge the projectile."

Nattasha said in a serious voice as she threatened Spider-Man.

Peter, with all the tranquility in the world, turned to Natasha and said.

"But what weapon would you do that with? With this one, from here?"

Peter said as he showed the gun he had taken from the Black Widow in his hands.

Natasha, somewhat discredited by what had just happened, almost loses her pose, but manages to pull herself together quickly.

"How did you manage to do that?"

"Excuse me, but a magician doesn't reveal his secrets."

Peter said in a more playful tone.

"I'm a real fan of yours, but unfortunately my time has come and I'm going to have to go."

Peter said as he turned again and prepared to jump, only this time he was interrupted by Thor, who threw the hammer in his direction again.

Peter, with his keen spider-sense and quick agility, simply moves to the side to dodge the hammer, which then falls back into the hands of the God of Thunder.

"Really, Thor? Haven't we been through this before?"

Peter asked, not quite believing what Thor had just done.

"That was the only way I could get your attention and get you to listen to us."

Thor explained as he stared at the young man in front of him and paused briefly before continuing.

"If I were you, I'd stay here and help us solve all this trouble we've gotten ourselves into."

"And why would I do that? That's your problem, not mine."

Peter retorted with a serious tone as he stared at Thor.

Thor, with his serious expression, looked directly into Peter's eyes and said:

"If I remember correctly, Ultron somehow knows what your real identity is, so wouldn't it be more logical for you to ally yourself with us?"

After Thor said this, Peter became a little interested in the subject.

"You had commented before that you couldn't reveal yourself because it could put someone you care about in danger, but if Ultron really did discover your identity, those people wouldn't be in danger?"

Thor asked, still staring at the young man.

After Thor said those words, Peter began to stare at him, pondering what the God of Thunder had said. He knew there were truths there. Ultron posed a threat they couldn't ignore, and even more so now that the villain had probably discovered his identity.

"You have a point."

Peter said, finally breaking the silence and looking at Thor seriously.

"But that doesn't change the fact that if I got involved I would end up putting those close to me at risk. I can't just ignore that."

Thor nods, understanding Peter's concern.

"I understand your concerns, but you only have two options: either you leave and fend for yourself, or you help us and we'll make sure these people are safe."

Peter took a deep breath and considered his options. He knew Thor was right. If Ultron really knew his identity, he would most likely go after him first because he was alone and had his aunt to protect.

"All right."

Peter said, finally agreeing.

"I'll help, but I'll do whatever it takes to keep the people close to me safe."

"But can't you take off the mask? You've kind of seen the faces of all of us, if we don't know who you are, can't that end up putting us in danger?"

Bruce asked, looking at the young man.

"So you're going to take the mask off?"

Bruce asked, pausing briefly as he looked at the young man.

"I think it's the most sensible thing to do, after all, you've kind of seen all of our faces, if we don't know who you are, it would kind of put our lives at risk."

Peter looked at Bruce, pondering the suggestion for a moment before replying.

"I will."

Peter replied as he removed his mask.

"I don't believe it!"

Clint exclaimed, with an expression of surprise on his face.

"So, it was you... I had my suspicions."

Declared Nattasha, looking at Peter.

Tony, with a puzzled expression on his face, raises his hand in a pause gesture and says:

"Wait a moment, I'm confused. You're the same kid I cursed at two hours ago."

"Yes, it's me."

Peter replied, with a serious look behind his mask before walking back.

"And as you said, I don't belong here. But I promised I would help and I will, but unfortunately I have to go now."

When he realized that the young man was moving further away and was about to jump off the building. Steve, with an authoritative tone of voice, interrupts Peter.

"Kid, wait a minute."

When he heard Steve call his name, Peter decided to turn around and face the captain. He was curious to know what the leader of the Avengers wanted to talk to him about.

"You can stay. No, we want you to stay."

Steve says, looking at Peter.

"Well, it's just that..."

Peter's words are abruptly cut off when Thor interrupts him.

"Do you have something more important to do?"

Said the God of Thunder, looking at Peter.

"I need to take care of my aunt, who's alone"

Peter explains, trying to avoid further questions.

"If you want, we can figure that out"

Nattasha says calmly, looking at Peter.

"Now, can you stay?"

"Alright, I'll stay"

Peter responds, looking at Steve.

Clint, who was a little distant from the conversation, observes Tony from afar. He notices Tony's slightly open mouth, wearing an expression he can't quite decipher. Intrigued by the scene, Clint decides to approach Tony.

"Tony, you'd better close that mouth... so no flies get in"

Clint teases his friend, who seems somewhat bewildered by all the events.

IN SOKOVIA

AT THE SAME TIME

INSIDE AN UNDERGROUND HYDRA BASE

After being destroyed and managing to escape through the internet, Ultron awakens in a new body. He stands up and begins to examine the other bodies around him, which he could inhabit if destroyed, and declares:

"Now we can begin our plan... the extinction of the Avengers."

LATER

8:00 PM

IN THE MAIN ROOM

The Avengers, along with Peter, were gathered around a table, looking at Ultron's carcass—or what was left of it, a jumble of twisted metal and burnt circuits. Present were Tony, Iron Man, who was examining the robot's remains. Meanwhile, Natasha, Black Widow, and Steve, Captain America, watched Tony study Ultron's body.

"All our work was in vain"

Bruce said, running his hand through his hair in frustration before continuing.

"Ultron managed to use the internet to escape."

"Ultron!"

Steve declared with a serious face.

"He was in contact with everything, files, cameras..."

Natt said, pausing briefly before continuing.

"he probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

"And if he decides to access something a bit more interesting"

War Machine said, holding his injured arm from the fall.

"For example, nuclear codes?"

Maria Hill asked, seated in a chair.

"That... we need to make some calls, if we still can"

Rhode confirmed while looking at everyone in the room.

"Will he go after bombs? He wanted us dead"

Nattasha asked from the other side of the room.

"That's not what he said; he said extinct"

Steve replied, looking aside.

"But he also mentioned that he had killed someone"

Clint said from upstairs.

"Before getting here, I did a check... and there was no one else in the building"

Peter intervened in the conversation before continuing.

"unless the building has some kind of self-defense mechanism."

When Peter uttered those words, Tony, with wide eyes and raised eyebrows, turned to look at him. An expression of pure surprise spread across his face. He couldn't believe that this kid had such keen insight, enough to be so intelligent.

"The kid's right... there was someone else inside the building"

Tony said as he walked towards the center of the room.

In the center of the room where everyone was gathered, Tony, with a simple hand gesture, activated a hologram. What appeared before them was a three-dimensional representation of a brain, glowing in shades of orange. However, it wasn't a perfect image—the holographic brain seemed to have been damaged, with some parts of it looking shattered and fragmented, as if it had suffered severe trauma.

"But... this is madness"

Bruce said, perplexed by the image before him.

"It makes sense. Since Jarvis was the first line of defense, he tried to stop Ultron. However, he couldn't"

Steve said with a pensive expression.

"But, Captain, that doesn't make sense..."

Bruce argued, pacing restlessly back and forth before continuing.

"Ultron could have easily absorbed Jarvis; this isn't strategy; it's hatred."

The conversation was abruptly interrupted when Thor, dressed in his uniform, appeared in the room. With an angry look and an imposing presence, he moved quickly towards Stark. Before anyone could react, Thor reached out and grabbed Stark by the neck, lifting him in the air with surprising strength.

"And it seems to be spreading"

Peter said, looking at the scene.

 

RECOGNITION TO MEMBERS:

Rafael Borges🤞🏻 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE MALEVOLENT SANCTUARY.

clement MARIE🤞🏻 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE MALEVOLENT SANCTUARY.

27