ch 13 – Expeditionary Force
140 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His sea witch companion put the nail on the coffin. “Captain, they saved us to fight our common enemy. All we have to do is reach our fleet and come back with a new ship to help them out.”

Violet nodded. "It would be beneficial if your faction kept harassing the Tower. You don't have to attempt your escape from the marshlands in one go, since you'd have time even if our location was exposed. Use the gnoll's help and borrow my pawns in exchange for food."

Then, she added, “I’m not trying to kick you out, but only the ones with the determination to give their life for the Dungeon and possibly fight their former comrades from the Cove have their place in my army.”

The captain gave in. He sensed that Violet had a trick up her sleeve because she afforded to be picky about recruiting his crew. The danger was real and immediate, but the pirates had at least a season to escape from an all-out war. He bowed with his hat off. “Thank you, we will do as you say. I have to lead my fellows back home as their captain, but some of my comrades stay and help.”

He gestured to his pawns. "As per the agreement for saving us, these pawns are now yours."

Half of the crowd left the chapel. In addition to the pawns, Elianad, humans, and azure-skinned elves faced the altar to join the Dungeon.

"Are you sure you won't regret it?” Violet devoured them with her eyes while wearing an ominous smile. "I take it that all of you are ready to devote your life to me."

pirate reply

KoQ8bs0.jpg

[collapse]

The young men broke her expectations as they answered with zeal. "Yes, ma'am! Order us as you wish!" They drowned the chapel in a vigorous cacophony to compete for the position of Violet’s loudest and most loyal dog.

“What the fuck? Don’t you dare make a move on her!” Slade joined the cacophony with his oceanid pawn, as he was irked by the lustful undertone of the men. Besides, HE was Violet’s most faithful pet. “I healed you! I can unheal you, motherfuckers!”

Her careless gaze had a seductive depth that ignited the heart of the humans. This was merely a trigger, as the fertile soil that fed their adoration was her authority as a sovereign, her bravery to risk herself on the battlefield, her kindness to rescue strangers, and her mercy to heal the wounded. Who cared that Slade and the gnoll witches were the ones to actually tend to them? Everything was credited to the sovereign.

Once again, no man could pass up on Violet. A sovereign that didn’t act insane? Instant win.

Violet blinked a few times before breaking into laughter. She hadn’t interacted with humans for nearly a century, and she had looked like a decrepit old hag most of her life. It was only thanks to her slime’s constant healing that she maintained a youthful appearance. “Ah, I had missed the times when I was worshiped like this.”

A sea elf spoke up. “To be honest, we are the only species who cannot rest underwater. We figured that we would be deadweight if the captain led the crew through the river. But don’t worry, we’ll fight anyone for you!”

“Is that so? Well, you all made the good choice, because this might be your chance to become a knight.” Violet leaned back on the altar, as if becoming a hero was no big deal.

Her words stupefied the audience with the offer to turn their life around.

I added a picture of Violet in chapter 3

ch 3 bonus

[collapse]

Thank you Larry, Ethereal Contact, Judd, sadbeech and anonymous subscribers!

Thank you for reading,

OwOtrucked

 

4