Chapter 4: No More Trust
1.3k 15 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Youjin Kinishita's POV

 

The following day after the worst day in my life, I reluctantly returned to school, praying that I would no longer be the target of bullying. I couldn't help but notice the students deliberately avoiding me. No one greeted me, and I had to stay on high alert, fearing another attack.

Inside the classroom, things bizarrely appeared to return to normal. My classmates were talking to each other. My classmates were chatting with each other, engrossed in their own activities. It was as if they continued to pretend I was invisible, even though the vandalism on my desk remained a glaring reminder of their cruelty.

Throughout the day, not a single classmate approached me to demand an apology to Susami-san, my former friend and the Student Council President. No one made any move to harm me, and I received no lunch invitations. It seemed they had satisfied their need for "justice" on Susami-san's behalf, and I was certain she felt vindicated after the ordeal I'd suffered. Still, for what she did to me, especially the false accusation, like my former girlfriend Nonaka-san before, was absolutely unforgivable.

After the afternoon class, I hastily left the classroom, eager to escape the school environment. At least, no one had the audacity to forbid me from running in the hallway, and more importantly, nobody tormented me as they had the day before.

Upon arriving home, I was met with an unexpected sight: My father. My biological father. He rarely came home, even on weekends, due to his demanding work far from our residence. Typically, he returned once a week or even once a month.

“I… I…” I stuttered. “I-I’m home, otou-san.”

“Youjin we need to talk.” My father gave me cold stare that sent the chills down my spine. “It’s about the Student Council President. Did you assault her?”

I rolled my eyes as I expected. My step mother and sister had informed him about the incident.

“I know you don’t believe me, otou-san.” I narrowed my eyes. “Just like everyone else, you never believe me… at all. Just leave me alone!”

I rushed to my room, ignoring my father calling my name.

“Don’t mind him, Kousuke.” I heard my step mother saying as she intervened. “I still don’t understand why he is like that.”

“I know. We didn’t even teach him how to be bad.”

Yeah, right! I had never been a bad person, ever. But thanks to the girls who had betrayed me, everyone including my own family treated me like hellish crap.

I finally entered my room and sighed in frustration. Damn it! My stress levels had once again reached their peak, and I desperately wanted to escape my home, to rid myself of the memories of the treacherous girls, Nonaka-san, and Susami-san. But how? I couldn’t fathom a way to erase them from my mind.

In any case, I decided not to join my family for dinner that night, even with my father present at home. Instead, I went to bed early, despite the afternoon sun still shining outside.

Hours later, I was rudely awakened by a loud bang on my door.

“Youjin! Youjin! Open the door right now!”

My father’s angry voice echoed through the door. But why? I was confused and frightened as I opened my door.

But out of nowhere, I received a punch on my face from my father.

“Ugh!” I groaned in pain. “What was that for?!”

“You! How dare you?”

“Eh? What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play dumb with me. You molested your sisters in the bathroom, didn’t you?!”

Molested? What was he talking about?

I was struggling to stand up as I looked up my twin step sisters Hana and Sakura who looked scared and hid behind him.

But I didn’t do anything to those twins at all!

“What?! I was asleep since afternoon, otou-san.” I protested in self-defense. “You woke me up when you knocked on the door. I didn’t even go to the bathroom a while ago, otou-san.”

My father’s anger surpassed what I expected. His hand clenched into a fist.

“SHUT UP!” He punched me again, this time in the stomach. “Who said you could call me ‘father’? You’re no longer my son, Youjin-san!”

Hearing that, my eyes widened in shock.

“It’s all your fault for losing your own mother. Your real mother! My first wife! Uuugh! You killed her, you bastard!”

His words shattered my heart. I had never imagined that my father would utter such cruel words. He blamed me for my biological mother's death during childbirth, accusing me of being the cause.

“Tomorrow, get out of this house. Do you understand? You are no longer part of this family.”

“Y-Yes.” I nodded fearfully as tears streamed down my face.

My father returned to his room, leaving me alone with my step mother and step sisters.

“Tch! Such a scumbag.” My step mother scoffed before walking away.

My step twin sisters smirked at me and high-fived each other.

“We did it, Sakura.”

“I know!”

I gasped as what I just witnessed. Now I got it! Those twins had orchestrated a false accusation, just like Nonaka-san and Susami-san had done. It was the third false accusation I had faced in my life.

They had manufactured this situation, making our own father disown me and decide to kick me out of this house. I wanted to ask my sisters why they falsely accused me, but I couldn’t find the words.

I returned to my room, sobbing quietly. I had never imagined that everyone especially girls I knew secretly hated me all this time. They had manipulated everyone into believing their lies, effectively ruining my life. Those four girls would never be forgiven, even if they were to confess the truth behind the scenes to me.

The following day, at around four in the morning, I woke up and began to pack my belongings. I didn’t have much in my room since I saved lot of money. The money I had was from my father. He had sent me the money as an allowance for me every week when he was away at work since I was in elementary school, but he stopped sending me as he was informed about the incident with the Student Council President. And most of my savings were in my electronic money account.

I recalled the laptop my father had given me as a birthday gift during middle school. I had planned to purchase one, but he surprised me with it, making it the best memory I had. However, that was all in the past now. I was done with him.

Before leaving my room, I grabbed a stack of papers and began writing. These messages would serve as a silent farewell to my family and pasted them to the wall of my room. My silent farewell to a life I once knew.

Then, with two large bags slung over my shoulders, I exited my room without making any noise. The living room was still dark and silent, and my family was still asleep. I opened the front door without saying goodbyes and finally left the house.

I was free! I was finally free from hellish environment where I had suffered. I smiled happily for having freedom.

I had also made a firm decision not to attend high school any longer. If I did, my wicked twin step sisters would reveal the false accusations they had concocted to everyone in school.

Thanks to the girls who betrayed me, I had lost trust in everyone. No more! Those girls were my mortal enemies. And those people who believed their lies, were also my enemies. I had no more friends, but I wouldn’t make one. Otherwise, I would be betrayed again.

More importantly, I had a plan… The Revenge Plan: I would make the four girls who had turned my life into a living nightmare, my former girlfriend Nonaka-san, my former friend Susami-san and evil twins Hana-san and Sakura-san, pay and regret for their lies and cruelty.

30