Chapter 6: Ramen Before Revenge
1.4k 18 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Youjin Kinishita's POV

“And… done!”
I grinned at my laptop screen, satisfied with the completion of a long video I had meticulously crafted as part of my revenge plan.
It had taken me weeks to create this video, pouring my heart into writing the script for my speech, recording it against a green screen so no one at my high school could recognize my new living arrangements, and gathering evidence from my drones to support my claims.
Of course, amidst my video-editing breaks, I would relax in my room, eat nutritious meals with the landlady Hayashi-san, and engage in outdoor exercises like jogging around town and doing push-ups in the park. These outdoor activities allowed me to keep a low profile by wearing a hooded jacket and face mask outside.
It struck me as odd that there were still no missing student posters or police reports regarding my disappearance. I had been living in this apartment for two months, having been kicked out of my previous home and quitting high school.
Even my family and former friends, who had betrayed me, seemed to have blocked my contact information. While I hadn’t intentionally blocked them, I hoped they might send me a single message. Yet, it appeared that no one cared about me except for the caring landlady.
And speaking of the landlady, Hayashi-san, she had proven to be trustworthy. Although I had initially been cautious, expecting her to act suspiciously, she hadn’t done anything to betray my trust.
On this particular day, I decided to visit my biological mother's grave in the cemetery. Standing in silence before her resting place, I couldn't forget the pain of my father blaming me for her death during my birth. It was a painful memory, but I believed my mother was at peace.
“Okaa-san, forgive me. But please, lend me your strength.”
I mentally conveyed my plea to my deceased mother, hoping for success in my revenge plan.
Leaving the cemetery, I noticed the sun was setting. Realizing it was already evening, I decided to text my landlady.

Kinoshita: Hayashi-san, I’ll be back in the apartment in two hours.
Hayashi: Okay, but what about dinner?
Kinoshita: Just make dinner for yourself. I’ll go to a ramen shop for my meal.
Hayashi: All right. Take care, Kinoshita-kun. Just be cautious; people may recognize you around.
Kinoshita: I know, thanks.

After texting Hayashi-san, I headed to the local ramen shop. It had been years since I had been there, back when I still ate ramen with my worthless family. As I entered the shop, I saw a few customers, mostly middle-aged. Thankfully, no one recognized me, but I maintained my disguise with a jacket and a face mask.
I took a seat at an empty table, awaiting my order. Tonkotsu ramen, my personal favorite, was my choice for the evening. Soon, my steaming bowl of ramen arrived.
“Thank you.” I told the server.
As she left, I removed my face mask and put on sunglasses to be extra cautious.
“Itadakimasu!” I began to eat my meal.
Slurping the broth and savoring the noodles, my tonkotsu ramen was as delicious as ever. Unlike in the past when I dined here with my family, tonight, I enjoyed a peaceful solo meal.
“Ugh! Still?”
A familiar voice of frustration caught my attention.
“We still can’t find nii-nii, Naomi-sama.”
What the…? Could it be…? I turned discreetly, but my eyes widened in disbelief. The four girls who betrayed me were here. I hadn’t expected this, but what were they doing?
“But should I call the police?”
It was Nonaka-san's voice. I focused on my meal, listening in.
“I told you not now, Yurika-chan.”
No wonder there were no police reports about me.
“But it’s been two months since onii-chan went missing.”
Sakura-san's voice held a note of sadness. But why would she be sad about me?
“Sshhh! Keep your voice down.” Susami-san told her. “We can’t let everyone hear us here.”
“Guys, it’s my fault, okay? I’m the one who ruined his life in the first place.”
“I know, Yurika-chan. But we all feel guilty.”
“Guilty? Like hell you all are, b*tches!” I seethed inwardly, continuing to eavesdrop.
“We made everyone believe our lies. I thought that would make us feel better, but I was wrong.”
“I want to contact Youjin-kouhai, but I can’t.”
“Yeah, otou-san and okaa-san don’t care about him anymore.”
I knew it! They were the worst parents I’d ever had. Believing the lies instead of defending a child, it was disgusting.
“Look, tomorrow is the closing ceremony. If we still can’t find Youjin-kouhai tomorrow, we will tell everyone especially his parents the truth about us. Then we will call the police to find him, understand?”
“Fine.”
“Yes.”
“Yeah, I understand.”
“Good. Now, let’s relax and enjoy our ramen, girls.”
Finished my ramen, I paid and left the ramen shop, no longer interested in their conversation.
Safely back at the apartment building, I encountered Hayashi-san on the stairs outside.
“Good evening, Hayashi-san.”
“Good evening, Kinoshita-kun.” She greeted me back. “How was your dinner?”
“It was great. I missed ramen so much.” I replied with a big smile.
“Did you cause any trouble?”
“Uh, no. Not at all. That’s why I’m back here safely, Hayashi-san.”
“I see.” She nodded, then smirking at me. “So… I’ve never seen you so happy like that, huh?”
Recognizing my brief moment of happiness, I shifted back to a serious tone.
“Oh, sorry. Anyway, tomorrow is the big day.”
“Huh? What do you mean?”
I smiled again.
“You will see. Good night, Hayashi-san.”
“Okay. Good night, Kinoshita-kun.”
Leaving her behind, I ascend the stairs outside and entered my apartment.
“I’m home.”
I sighed, removing my face mask and shedding my jacket to change into my pajamas. Lying down on my bed, I drifted to sleep, a mixture of excitement and apprehension filling my thoughts.
Tomorrow marked not only the high school closing ceremony before summer break, but also the day my revenge plan would unfold.
Those four girls, my former girlfriend and childhood friend Nonaka-san, the Student Council President and my former friend Susami-san, and my twin step sisters Hana-san and Sakura-san, would soon receive a shocking surprise and a lesson they would never forget for ruining my innocent life.

34