Chapter 3 – Catching Up With A Childhood Friend
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I-I’m done!”

“Thanks for the help, Fujisaki.”

“No, it’s nothing.” Shaking her head, the girl placed down another box full of things inside a storage room. Though it was only her third day at school, she was already being kind enough by helping teachers around her.

Well… she was free after all. She moved back to the city where she grew up along with her family, however, she didn’t have the guts to try and look around for familiar faces. She was afraid of not being recognized… She has changed a lot.

“Excuse me!” At the other side of the door, a male voice could be heard, the teacher turned around and answered with a ‘Come in!’ as the door opened.

Walking into the storage room were a boy and a girl carrying some boxes.

[A Day Prior]

“...So, this is the meeting spot?”

“Yup.” Myu said.

“I see… Did you know I came this way? Yesterday I was only following you…” (Noah)

“Well, if we base ourselves on the us, five years back, I thought you'd try to retrace the route we take. If anything, it was that or meet you at school.” (Myu)

The two were at an intersection inside a neighborhood, it was around the route that the two took the day before as they went home together after their reunion.

They started walking, feeling a sense of nostalgia around them. “I have to say, you really did change.” Myu said as she scanned Noah from head to toe.

“Is that so? Well, I started fixing my hair a little after middle school, it also hasn’t been over a few months since I started wearing contacts.” (Noah)

“I see.” (Myu)

“You also changed, it’s not a brutal change… you just don’t look like a tomboy anymore.” (Noah)
“...Ugh.” (Myu)

Unlike Noah’s drastic change, Myu’s body simply grew bigger along with her hair, which was once as short as a boy’s. “...Maybe that’s why many confused you as a boy…” Noah unintentionally said in a small mutter. Myu felt pissed and just punched Noah’s side, making him groan in pain.

“You still don’t like them?” (Noah)

“Hate ‘em.” (Myu)

Something that Noah clearly remembered about his childhood friend was simply her hatred for onions, something included in today’s meal. As she continued taking away the onions from her salad, Noah only smiled as he ate his own meal.

“Isn’t onions an essential part in an athlete’s diet?” (Noah)

“Whoever said it. Lied.” Myu curtly said.

“Are you su—” (Noah)

“Lied.” (Myu)

“—if you say so…” (Noah)

Noah continued eating his lunch, the place where they ate was kind of empty with a few students around. Maybe two or three other groups excluding both childhood friends.

“Say, Noah.” (Myu)

“Hm?” (Noah)

“Wouldn’t you wish for all onions in this world to just disintegrate?” (Myu)

“If you still hate onions that much then give them to me, but I’ll recommend apologizing to the farmers who worked hard.” (Noah)

“Don’t wanna.” (Myu)

Noah wasn’t exactly picky with what he ate, just like mYu he rarely ate food that made him gain weight, he also exercised on a daily basis so he wasn’t skinny by any means.

Hypothetically, if these two were to race, Myu would end up winning… hypothetically.

⨳ Reality.

“I still can’t believe  you still don’t like them. Like, why? It’s extremely necessary, you know? I would’ve thought you had them in your meals.” (Noah)

“When I ate them, my mouth stinks. So no.” (Myu)

“I see…? Well, people will usually brush their teeth after eating them, so bad breath isn’t really a problem most of the time.” (Noah)

“It’s an inconvenience depending on the place.” Myu tried to defend herself, but Noah was just that naive that he still had things to say. “You can buy some packs of mints—” (Noah)

“Let’s stop.” (Myu)

“Huh? W—” (Noah)

“Let’s. Stop.” On a commanding tone, Myu glared at Noah as her cheeks were flushed due to her embarrassment, her expression remained unchanged; however, Noah could clearly sense the difference in emotion due to the small details.

“O-okay?” As the two stood up, the bell rang marking the end of their lunch break. “It’s kind of calm, isn’t it?” (Noah)

“School just started, so no wonder.” (Myu)

The two walked through the hallway, and as they talked about their upcoming class, the two parted ways into the locked room to get ready for their physical education period.

0