Chapter 6 – Myu & Noah & Maki
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why?! Hey now… they’ve been your friends for over a decade! I mean, sure, you guys were apart for over five years but if so what?! The fact that you guys reunited means you have an unbreakable bond!

Going in circles within the space she stood, Maki Fujisaki tried to calm down her racing heart as she waited for the other two to arrive. Though this was her idea, she got suddenly overwhelmed by the thought of catching up with them.

That was Maki, a girl that despite her upbeat and enthusiastic personality, still retained that shy and meek personality she had as a kid. As Maki had her head on her hands, a soft, almost-deep voice called out to her. “Am I late?”

Turning her head, Maki saw Myu in her casual wear while tilting her head, her expression remained the same stoic one. Something Maki noticed was that passerbys often glanced at her as if to admire her beauty. Well, with some as beautiful and with great assets like Myu, it was no wonder that she would be attention-grabbing. Of course, she knew that Maki herself didn’t attract any gazes.

⨳ Still Unaware.

“Myu! Don’t worry! If anything, it is Noah who’s late!” Maki said in a pout, hiding her embarrassment. Just then, a message came for the two. They took out their phones… and immediately Maki gasped.

“Wait… since when?!” (Maki)

Noah: Where are you? I’m inside the cafe already.

“Didn’t I tell him to come right here to the train station?!” Exasperated, Maki only sighed and turned back to Myu. “Anyway, it seems like he’s waiting for us… Let’s go.” (Maki)

“Sure.” (Myu)

As they entered the cafe the three agreed upon, the two girls looked around until they saw a young boy with black hair and blue eyes, darker than Myu’s. As they approached, Noah greeted them with priority.

“Glad you made it, I order a drink for myself, so you two take you to—” (Noah)

“You couldn’t wait, huh~?” Maki said with a grin.

“Huh?” Noah was confused at Maki’s sudden statement, to which she replied. “Even though we agreed to meet at the station. To come straight to the cafe~ Well, having lunch with two cute girls would certainly—” (Maki)

“Yes, I’ll have a lunch set with a cup of tea. Maki, Myu, what will you order?” (Noah)

“I’ll have a pork cutlet.” (Myu)

“Hey! Don’t ignore me!” Maki sulkingly sat down and looked at the menu with a sigh, “I’ll take some sandwiches…” (Maki)

“Right away,” Said the waitress as she bowed and took her leave, leaving the other three to their own. “Hah~ Somehow it feels cold…” (Maki)

“It’s only August, though?” (Myu)

Maki sighed, she then straightened her back and simply looked up, “How are things? Looks like things haven’t changed between you two.” (Maki)

“I know what you are thinking, but Myu and I met again during the entrance ceremony.” Noah clarified first and foremost. Maki’s eyes widened, and she let out a small voice. “Huh? Is that true?” She turned to Myu who was tracing her finger through the water glass.

“Hm. I was submitting my club application, then I bumped into him. Well, I didn’t recognize him at first.” Myu said as she shook her head. “Heh~ I thought you two wouldn’t have separated.

“I moved abroad a little after you did.” (Myu)

“Then, Aurora and Aoi also moved, after that a year passed until Yae finally moved too.” They were all children, so they didn’t have any say in their parent’s affairs. Naturally, due to their parents' work, they’ve all moved to different cities, some even abroad, with only Noah remaining here. “So Yae was the last one to leave?” (Maki)

“Pretty much, well… I’m sad she had to leave… under such circumstances.” Though he didn’t specify, Myu completely understood what she was referring to. Knowing that it was better to tell Maki, he brought her up to speed.

“I see… That’s why your surname is different.” Maki said in a sad voice, “It’s a shame I couldn’t say my goodbyes, Mr. Sota was an incredible inspiration to me.” She hung her head.

“I’m glad to hear that we could organize a visit to his grave.” Noah proposed. They nodded, and dispersing all the negative vibes they had around, Maki clapped her hands.

“E-enough about the sad talk! What we came here for, to catch up!” She excitedly said. “What clubs are you two in~?” (Maki)

“Literature.” (Noah)

“Track & Field.” (Myu)

“Whoa! How fitting!” (Maki)

“What does that mean?” Myu frowned. “Though Myu was usually reserved, you were quite energetic back then! I remember when we used to play tag~ It would usually result in Myu’s win, hehe~” (Maki)

“Is that so? Well, I kind of got into running in middle school…” (Myu)

“Noah on the other hand, is quiet and doesn’t really like to stand out. Well, at least that’s how I remember you! Not only that, but being the son of a best-selling writer must’ve influenced you a lot.” (Maki)

“Well… I usually have books in every corner of my house.” (Noah)

“See?!” Maki’s eyes sparkled, she was happy that she was right on the money. “What about Maki? What club are you in?” Myu returned the question to Maki, who took a proud stance and with her chest puffed out, said.

“Hehe, I’m in the photography club!” (Maki)

“If I remember correctly, wasn’t Ms. Misaki a photographer?” Noah tilted his head. “She is, she bought me a camera last year, what better excuse to use it than being in a club?!” (Maki)

“You are right, how is she?” (Myu)

“She’s good. She’s been getting even more offers at her job, well, she’s really talented so no wonder! Oh! She told me that she would like to have you guys over for dinner sometime!” (Maki)

“My mother said the same…” (Noah)

“We… should arrange this properly…” (Myu)

““True.”” (Maki & Noah)

After their lunch, they kept talking for hours as they caught up on everything they’ve missed. As the sun hid, far behind the mountains, the trio went to a nearby convenience store to finish up their day.

They did nothing fancy, they only sat on some nearby benches, eating away some ice cream they all bought. “I really like when the sky’s like this…” Maki said as she looked up.

“Is that so?” (Myu)

“Unn. Sometimes, you can even see the stars without the need for the moon to be out. It makes for an interesting scene, you know?” (Maki)

“It is really pretty.” (Noah)

“Agreed,” The three all just looked up at the sky. After a while, Maki stood up and three away what was left of her ice cream in a trash bin. “It’s getting late so we should all head home. Ah! I’ll send you guys the photos I told you about!” Maki said as she waved.

“Please do,” Myu said as the two saw her feeling back. As Maki walked home, she hummed a brief tune, she was happy. Her short, brown hair fluttered with the wind and her ruby-like eyes swiped through some photos she took today. She closed them and opened up a folder labeled ‘memories’.

Inside, it was a never ending amount of photos with her and her childhood friends when they were little, a bunch of little brats just playing without a care in the world… For her, those were really good times. “Hehe~” She happily giggled as she walked beneath the setting sun.


(A/N)

I didn't have time to write a new chapter, so I just uploaded the one over on Luminary. I'll write two chaps and post only one over here. So yeah. Also, chaps are kind of slow because I want to introduce all of the characters befoe the Chaos begins haha. Bye.

0