Chapter 8 – As The Days Go By, The Clock Starts Ticking
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Late afternoon, after a pretty long and tiring day, the sun finally decided to escape and started setting beyond the horizon. All anyone could do was say farewell from afar and await her arrival once again the next day. As the day grew late, a trio of students found themselves in the park as two of them were standing up, bickering with one another.

“Who in their right mind would choose a topping like that?! Are you retarded?!” His golden hair shone brightly due to the vermillion glow, and his voice grew a little bit louder.

“You can just try it! Pineapple on pizza isn’t as bad as you think!” Her long black hair and her beautiful body, she had everything to be mistaken for a college student. However, her purple eyes had a hint of annoyance as she bickered back.

Sitting on the only bench near the two, a girl whose golden hair flowed down her shoulder, stared at the two of them with her golden eyes, the same as her brother’s, with clear confusion.

What are these two arguing about? She thought as she took a sip of her bottle of iced tea with graceful gestures. A pair of twins and their childhood friend, a really familiar set-up, don’t you think?

The sky grew darker, and as the clock ticked without waiting for anyone, it was almost time for three plus three, to become six.

“So at the end of everything, what do you even do if you have no openings?”

“Probably surrender, no?” He nonchalantly said. “...I see…”

It was the Physical Education period, as the two gazed at the bustling gym, which only one class occupied at the moment,  Noah and Shu were both chit chatting as they had nothing to do. As the two talked, Myu was on the court playing volleyball with the girls from her class. She seemed to be getting along with all of them, if anything, it seems that she was kind of well liked by all of them.

“So anyways, there’s something I wanted to ask you.” Shu said as he grabbed his bottle and took a sip. “Oh? What about?” (Noah)

“You and Myu, are you—” (Shu)

“One, we aren’t dating. Two, we only met again a week ago.” Noah said with a blank expression, with the only emotion transmitted being indifference. “Eh~? I thought it was a rekindled love! You two seemed close enough!” (Shu)

Shu, who was pretty enthusiastic with drama, only let out a disappointed sigh as Noah denied all types of allegations. Well, even if there was nothing between the two, Shu still loved to watch over such scenarios.

“Let’s turn around the question for a bit, what about Shu?” (Noah)

“No,” He shook his head. “Unironically, I haven’t spoken to someone I could consider a love interest in a while. I have female friends, sure, but they are nothing but ‘sisters’ for me.” He explained.

“You’re boring.” (Noah)

“Look who’s talking!” (Shu)

Hearing some kind of cheering, the two turned towards the center of the noise, where they saw Myu being surrounded by her classmates. “Your childhood friend is quite popular, isn’t she?” (Shu)

“Looks like it,” Noah said.

“Well, no wonder. She has a cool demeanor, she’s pretty and tall to boot. Anyone would like to get to know someone like her, let’s not speak about dating.” Shu said with a chuckle.

“Now that I think about it, Myu told me that back in middle school she was kind of popular mostly among girls, she said that she even confessed to one once.” (Noah)

“Huh, life is weird in some ways.” (Shu)

In the time the two took in going back and forth, it seemed that Myu was done with her game and approached the two. Noah instinctively grabbed the nearby towel and a bottle and gave them to her. “Great job out there, must be tiring, huh?” (Noah)

“I’m used to physical activities, so this is nothing.” My said as she shrugged her shoulders. Shu turned to her, arms crossed and leaning against the wall, “You entered Track & Field, right?” He asked, to which Myu nodded.

“Couldn’t be me, while my arms are accustomed to heavy labor, I don’t have much stamina to begin with… Athletic teams are hell for me, I don’t even like sports in general.” (Shu)

“Sucks to be you.” (Myu)

“Sucks to be me indeed.” (Shu)

After school, once they parted ways with Shu, the trio of childhood friends walked down the streets. “Right, Noah.” Maki, as if remembering something, turned to Noah, who was walking beside her.

“You said there was something you wanted to tell us, right?” (Maki)

“Oh, yeah. Forgot. Actually, my mom said that she wanted you two to come to dinner on Friday, she really wanted to talk to you both again after a long while, so she told me to invite you guys, I believe we have something like that pending, right Myu?” Noah turned to Myu.

“We do,” She nodded.

“What do you think, Maki?” (Noah)

“I’m free, both Sasaki and my parents won’t be home on Friday, so work out.” (Maki)

“What a coincidence.” (Myu)

“Right, how are your parents? Also, what about Sasaki and Saki?” Noah asked. “They’ve been doing well. My sister no longer lives with us since she got married, so it’s usually me and my brother on busy days.” (Maki)

“Heh. I see.” (Noah)

“How are Ms. Minami and Mr. Shin, Myu?” (Maki)

“Hm? They’re doing fine. Still abroad though, they said they would transfer here next spring.” (Myu)

“Must feel lonely.” Noah said as they continued walking, they stopped by a small gazebo and sat down to continue their talk in peace. “Not really.” Myu denied.

“Sorry to bother you, Kaze~” As he opened the door to the staff room, the boy looked around and locked eyes with Kaze. “You still here, Aurora? It’s really late right now, club activities finished long ago, too.” (Kaze)

“I know, I know. I just came on an errand while I was here, entrusted by Yae~” He laughed, a heartily smile that even reached his golden eyes. “I see, what can I help you with?” (Kaze)

“You see, it’s about the student council. She’s looking to join, so she wants you to introduce her to the president.” He explained.

Kaze turned to her computer and then to her phone, a little while later, she looked up again at him and simply smiled. “Sure, let me see what I can do.” (Kaze)

“Aight, I’ll leave it to you.” He said before he took his leave. At this time, they were still adapting to their high school lives. Nevertheless, bumping into someone familiar gives it some more spice, right?


(A/N)

Been very busy this past few days and had quite a burnout from writing, so sorry for the lack of updates. Volume one is a really slow one, a boring one if you may.I want to simply introduce most of the cast before we enter to Arc 1. Vol. 1 will only have 20 chaps, I'll try to update as much as possible too.

0