Chapter 68
259 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was leisurely observing the training session, but it comes to end abruptly.

 I hear footsteps coming towards me, and I turn to look in that direction.

'Ho, I have a report!'

 Ferris came to me with a bloodthirsty look on her face.

 When I saw the extraordinary behaviour, I tightened up my relaxed mind and responded.

"What's wrong?"

I received an urgent report from the Gath who is on the watch for the Black Swan hideout, via the Magic Communication!

 I realise what she's trying to say with that.

'Oh, so they're finally on the move.'

"Yes, that's right."

"I would like to gather the top brass in the meeting room immediately."

"Yes, I understand".

 Ferris answered and left.

"I've got some business to do. Keep me informed on the training".

"Yeah, I'll take care of it."

 I said to Alice, who smiled, showing her white teeth, 'I'm counting on you', and I hurried to the meeting room.

 --This time, we're on the short end of the stick.

 Why is the reason simple.

 What is the next move that the Black Bird will make?

 Two months ago, at the Friendship Ball , we stopped a war that should have happened.

 Tensions between the two countries have remained high and the status quo is being maintained.

 We knew that the Black Bird could not be bypassed, so we were on guard.

 No, it is more correct to say that we were forced to be on our guard.

 After all, we couldn't predict what they would do next, because the storyline was so heavily changed with the aim of slowing down the war.

 From this point on, I cannot take advantage of the fact that I know the further storyline.

 Therefore, now that the Black Swan, which had been silent for two months, had started to move, it was necessary to react immediately.

 For the past two months, Gash and the other members of my organisation have been investigating the movements of the Black Swallows.

 By the way, I can't go back to the Black Swan anymore, so it's impossible for me to gather information from the inside.

 Because I went to the ""Friendship Ball "" together with Lent and others, and I'm supposed to be MIA.

 If I went back, I would probably be instantly suspected. There is even a high possibility that they will find out that I am the masked man.

 ...... No, wait.

 Since our organisation has developed so much, it's okay if they find out, right?

 When I saved Flore e I didn't have enough power to fight against him yet. In order to protect myself, I had to stay hidden in the Black Swan and gather information, so I put on a mask and kept my true identity hidden.

 At the "Friendship Ball ", I had hidden my true identity as an insurance measure because I had considered the possibility that the Zorn might escape and bring information back to headquarters, but now I can say that this was not necessary.

 The plan worked out and they presumably didn't know who I was.

 On top of that, I would probably have been declared dead in action, so there was no longer any need to play the role of the masked man and Kaim as the mob.

 The opposing force, the 《 Union of the Future of Hope Fortis》, has grown up enough, and it is virtually impossible for me to continue hiding as a mob in the first place.

 If that is the case, there will be no problem when it is revealed that my true identity is Kaim.

'Well, fine. Even though it doesn't make sense, it's kind of cool that I'm hiding my true identity.'

 I gave up on thinking about it.

 The situation where a man who was supposed to be dead changes his appearance and shows up in front of Reis the last boss.

 It's kind of cool, right?

 Masks were romantic. That's all right.

 

 That's what I thought, and I was thinking about putting on a mask for no reason during the battle - but I didn't know at this time.

 The purple emperor with the mask on.

 The golden eyes that seem to see through everything, and the fact that Reis is in awe of him.

 The Purple Emperor, who hides his true face behind a mask.

 His very presence reigns as a symbol of a powerful force that cannot be ignored by Reis.

 

 I had no way of knowing at the time that it would have such great "meaning".

 ――。

 In the meantime, I arrived at the conference room.

 All the executives were already there in the meeting room, which was set up in a concave shape.

 I sit at the top, and Flor sits diagonally to my right. Ferris is behind me.

 Across from Flor and Ferris, Lina and Sirika were seated respectively.

'Now, shall we hear a report on the enemy's movements?'

 I urged Ferris as I sat down, looking over everyone.

 -The Black Swan has broken through the two months of impatient tension and silence and is now on the move.

 The action to counter it has now started.

2