Chapter 73
193 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

《Kaim perspective》.

 Preparations proceeded at a fast pace and a whole day had passed since the meeting.

 It was midnight on 21 February.

I took Flore and two squads with me and we ran through the forest.

 If it was just myself and a few others, I could move easily with the Space Transfer Warp, but that would not be the case if I was leading a large force.

 However, the people I am taking with me now are those who have trained in the organisation for more than half a year and those from the Black Swan, who were also excellent, have been chosen.

 For the latter, it meant knocking their former comrades, and I was worried about whether they had any regrets or not, but it seems that they don't.

 They have some bitterness because they were abandoned once, and they are also treated better here.

 There are many pretty ladies ......, and for some reason, some of them even started to worship me.

 These reliable men have recently achieved remarkable growth, thanks to Alice.

 Even if they don't have the non-attribute "Body Strengthening ", it is possible to strengthen their bodies almost three times more than under normal circumstances by stimulating the circulation of special magical power in the body.

 It's a bit of a subterfuge, Alice said.

 I don't think there was any such thing in the original story, but the scenario has changed in many ways, so I won't go into that.

 So we spent the day running through the forest at a speed that left afterimages, taking the shortest route to the Kasarnum ruins.

 Then, in the evening, we left the forest and went out onto the plains.

 We continued to run ahead of the enemy, and at midnight we reached the hill near one kilometre away from the Kasarnam Ruins.

"They have not arrived yet."

 We hid on the hill and looked into the road below.

'Yes, they haven't arrived yet. I think we got ahead of them before they arrived, as we planned".

 Flore, standing next to me, replied with a white breath.

 We're here to restore our strength and wait for the enemy to advance.

 Surprise attack from the heights.

 That was the strategy we had set up.

 Simple, but it would make perfect sense.

 There may be a more effective method of ambush, but in a previous life I was just a company worker, so there was no way I had any knowledge of military strategy.

 So I had no choice but to follow situations that were common in video games and such.

'Perhaps in the near future they'll pass a road on the plains below. When I give the signal, A squad will follow me and Flore to launch a surprise attack, while B squad will fire support spells from this height. It's going to be a rough fight. You don't have to do this, just don't hit anyone on our side."

""Understood!""

 They were all dressed in white robe and answered in a whisper at once.

 They are all dressed alike, but if one looks closely, they have 'A' or 'B' written in gold embroidery on their collars.

 30 men in each. They represent the groups to which they belonged.

 They seemed to be ready to fight.

 The cold air was further sharpened by their tension.

 --Soon, white snow begins to fall.

 The white balls falling slowly contrast with dark night sky.

 The chillness of the snow is leading them to a magic light in the distance.

 As far as I can see, there are roughly 60 people. 

 They are no greater than our forces.

 

 But - we have the advantage of the ground.

"They are coming."

 I murmured in a whisper that sounded like it was melting into the snow, and killed any sign of them.

 The distance between us is closing rapidly.

 The other side's pace is the same. They haven't noticed us yet.

 

 Eventually, they reach the foot of the hill.

 At that moment - as if to break the tension in the air, I shouted.

"Mission start!!!!"

2