Ch. 29 Charmed I’m Sure
1.5k 22 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Charms room was filled with various magical and muggle items, even some that were a blend of the two. A picture of Elvis was animated, dancing on stage and giving them a wink as they entered. There was a foggy mirror that I thought was a Foe-Glass. An assortment of muggle sports balls, like tennisballs, pingpong balls, soccer balls.

“Welcome! Please take a seat anywhere. I am Professor Lily Evans and I will be your Charms professor.”

Whenever I thought of Lily I never thought of her in robes. For some reason in my mind she was always in muggle clothing. Probably because she had no screen time. So to see her in professional robes with her red hair and bright green eyes was a bit off putting. Not to mention just the sight of her made a little blush appear on my face.

Melin she was beautiful.

The girl next door, or heroine from a story, kind of beautiful.

We sat Daphne to my left and Tracey to my right. It felt like a kind of honor guard, but then again not one, but two girls had pinched my butt on the way here. Calypso sat next to Tracey and they started to chat amiably. I felt more than saw the two Carrow twins take seats behind me. I knew that if I turned they would both be looking at me.

The Hufflepuffs took the other side of the room and I saw Susan and Hannah sit next to eachother.

I waved to them, a bit overly enthusiastic as the other girls in the room glared at them while the two girls blushed lightly and waved back.

Neville looked at what I did, then smirked, giving me a little conspiratorial wink.

Meanwhile Daphne opened her notebook, and I heard her mutter underneath her breath.

“Susan Bones… Hannah Abbott.”

Professor Evans looked at all of this with a small fond smile.

“As I said before I am Professor Evans. Glad to be here of course, hope you all are as well. Charms is the study and practice of spells. Technically anything using a wand can be considered a Charm by that unhelpful definition. Then why is there a separate class for Transfiguration? Because Transfiguration is specified to affect physical objects in semi-permanent to permanent ways. Its much more focused, and requires more technical knowledge than most other spells. Curses, Jinxes, Hexes, those are all technically charms, just with the sole purpose to cause, at the very least, a negative effect. This class is more about Intent than knowledge, for some of you that will no doubt be a blessing, for others maybe not so much. I myself despite loving technical knowledge was never the best at Transfiguration because that technical knowledge was the very thing that stopped me from believing I could turn a match into a needle. But for Charms? I want something to happen, so I make it happen, and instead I use that technical knowledge to make what happens benefit me to the best outcome for myself.”

I was confused, but also kind of understood.

“Assignments for this class, specifically for these first two years, will be more about the uses of Charms and how one can go in using their intent to bring out the effects of their desired spell. Now…”

A light blush dusted the teacher's face and she coughed.

“Now, back when I first started at Hogwarts we started with the Lumos Charm. Very simple, and easy. Though I myself had issues with it in the beginning, begin a muggleborn and still not understanding magic.”

I heard Malfoy snort from behind me and quelled any anger. Professor Evans, despite no doubt hearing it, ignored him.

“But things have changed, and the Board of Governors have decided to instead start off with the Contraceptive Charm.”

I, along with a few others, giggled. Another portion of the class got uncomfortable or embarrassed.

Professor Potter rolled her eyes good naturedly, but her own face was still red with embarrassment.

“Ha ha, yeah yeah babies, real funny. The hope is for you all to be able to cast this spell effectively by the end next week. Now who here, as long as you are okay with sharing, is a part of a Coven?”

I, along with Daphne and Tracey, raised my hand. Neville did too, and so did three other girls I didn’t recognize. I’m sure Malfoy did as well behind me. Ponce.

“Okay, not too many. Now how many of you wish to join a Coven at some point?”

Most of the hands went up. Though there were a few that didn’t probably muggleborn that were weirded out by the idea of sharing a man, or those who had an idea for a career and didn’t want the complications that came with a Coven.

I saw both Susan and Hannah raise their hands and I gave them a wink.

Hannah smiled naughtily, while Susan hid her face behind her bangs.

“I am sure many of you lovely ladies will find someone to bond with. And when you do, you want to make sure you know this spell just in case. There are allowances for pregnancy here of course, but don’t feel you should have to if you're not ready. Madam Pomfrey also keeps a stock of contraceptive potions, but they run out regularly, and sometimes you need a quick fix. In addition to this spell you will also be learning how to brew said contraceptive potion soon in potions class.”

The teacher waved her wand and words began to show up on the blackboard.

“Now we will go into the incantation and wand movements first, then start discussing what intention you need while casting.”

The professor looked at the watch on her wrist.

“Alright we only have a couple more minutes so this is a good place to stop for that. But before we go does anyone have any questions for me?”

Promise Zabini raised her hand.

“Yes miss Zabini?”

“Are you in a Coven Professor Evans?”

“No.”

“Why? You’re plenty pretty enough, and you seem awesome.”

The professor blushed and scratched her head.

“It’s rather embarrassing and I’d prefer not to get into it sorry. Any other questions?”

I raised my hand.

“Yes mister Gaunt?”

“Can you cast a Patronus?”

Whatever she had been expecting it wasn’t that.

“Yes I can.”

“Corporeal?”

“Yes. Why?”

“I just wanted to see it. I’ve read that you can learn a lot about a person just based on their Patronus animal. Can you cast it?”

“Oh, sure!”

Professor Evans took out her wand waving it casually, but with a wide happy smile on her face.

“Expecto Patronum!”

A silver and blue dove flew out of her wand, flying around the classroom.

Good its not a doe, which means she’s not hopelessly in love with James Potter, despite James being in a relationship with Severus. I had worried it would mirror the original series where Severus’s Patronus was a doe.

The dove landed on my head, and I could feel its weight, but at the same time it didn’t press down on me at all.

“So mister Gaunt. What does my Patronus say about me?” Professor Evans asked.

“Hmm. I believe they stand for peace, freedom and love. Not to mention beauty. Got to say you definitely match with that last one.”

The entire class looked at me in shock. Even Professor Evans did, a blush on her face and mouth agape.

“T-thank you mister Gaunt. That will be ten points to Slytherin, and five points from Slytherin for that last remark,” she said finally, shaking her head and smiling.

Beside me I heard Daphne mutter, once again writing in her notebook.

“Professor Lily Evans. Surely we’re going to get to twelve at this pace.”

The magical bell rang and we all gathered our things to leave. I gave Professor Evans a wave as I left and she gave me one back. A knowing smirk on her face.

“So what’s next?” I asked Daphne as we walked through the halls.

“We have an hour break before Herbology. We’ll be with the Ravenclaws this time.”

“Cool.”

“Gaunt!” I turned to see my least favorite person yet in Hogwarts.

“Malfy.”

“Don’t call me that,” he growled.

I rolled my eyes.

“What do you want?”

“We’re you really flirting with that wrinkly mudblood?”

The Hufflepuffs were further away so only the Slytherin’s had heard him.

“Hmm breaking Farley’s rules already huh?”

“Oh sod off. Like she should care about a word anyways.”

I let out a deep breath.

“What did you want again?”

“I was wondering if you’d be accepting filth into your Coven like that Professor. Not to mention her age. What is she almost forty?”

I looked at Malfoy like he was an idiot, because I think he was.

“Malfoy, do you not like MILFs?”

“What is Merlins name is a MILF?”

Beside us Calypso choked out a laugh.

“What Black?”

“A MILF stands for A Mother I’d Like to Fuck,” Calypso supplied, hiding a smile behind her hand.

Draco frowned.

“If she is a mother then she’d already be in a Coven, not to mention you’d have to take on their child as a responsibility.”

“It- sigh, it’s more of the desire to be with an older woman.”

“What would be the point of going to Hogwarts then? This is where you are supposed to find your Coven. If you want to fuck an old woman go to one of the brothels.”

“Is it a Malfoy thing or a wizard thing?” I asked Calypso.

She rubbed the back of her head. Messing up her pretty black hair.

“I think a bit of both? I know sometimes I can’t get my dad not to talk about how much he loves older women, but I also know that a lot of wizards view older witches as “used goods” or “past their prime””

“Ah. Fools, all of them. I have to agree with papa Sirius-”

“Do not call him that please.”

“I too love older women.”

Beside me Daphne raised a thin eyebrow.

“Wait wait, not that I don’t love younger girls too. No wait again, not younger girls. I meant girls my own age. Yes sir indeed, girls my own age- you can go away now Malfoy- anyways girls my own age are amazing, perfect even. If I had to say who my favorite woman is, it would be one of the two next to me that are in my Coven and are the same age as me.”

“Smooth Gaunt,” Calypso teased.

“Thank you.”

The group of us ignored Malfoy and headed toward our next class.

“Calypso would you be against possibly joining Reigis’s Coven in the coming year. Not that you need to affirmate that goal, but are you against it? So far you seem to get along great with him and if you are not one hundred percent a no I would like you to add you to the possible list,” Daphne said to Calypso who stared at the odd girl in shock as they walked down the hall.

Tracey and I exchanged a knowing glance before laughing, Tracey running ahead to join them.

“I- is this really the best time for that kind of thing? Shouldn’t you wait for more time? Or to see if Reigis is interested first?”

“You are pretty, I am sure Reigis would not object to your appearance at all, and your personality seems robust with expression.”

“Robust with expression?” Calypso muttered to herself.

“Lets ask him, Reigis how do you- Reigis?”

The three girls looked, but couldn’t see him anywhere.

“Ah shit,” Tracey groaned.

There are 10 advanced chapters on pat reon. Co m / ironowl

 

Thank you for reading!

 

Leave a comment or review or whatever homie <3

37