Ch. 1 I Was Drugged?
2.8k 8 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing I remembered was that I didn’t remember anything.

The first thing I noticed was that I was strapped to a table with two robed figures chanting a demonic ritual. The sticky sensation of dried blood covered my body in ancient runes.

At first I thought I had been kidnapped by a pair of wackjobs, then I felt an odd sensation running through my body.

I was drugged!

It felt like my blood was boiling, as though every cell was a firecracker lighting off. The bloody runes across my naked torso began to glow. Holy shit what did they put inside my body?! Then the memories hit. Not my missing memories, but this body’s memories. Reigis Gaunt, fourteen years old, supposed heir to the Gaunt family, a near squib.

Squib? As in Harry Potter?

Those thoughts were drowned out as the pain became unbearable and the power I felt overwhelmed everything.

I awoke to a woman wailing.

“He was screaming! I knew we shoudn’t have done the ritual!”

“Dear, father ordered us to, and he survived. Even if it didn’t work he is still with us.”

“Your father is a racist cunt. Our boy doesn’t need to have a huge coven, he already has a fiance.”

“I know, but the Gaunt family would have no heir then. You know the rules.”

I groaned as my neck twisted a satisfying pop echoing out in the stone chamber.

“Reigis!”

I heard a rush of shoes on stone and saw the face of a beautiful woman leaning over my body. She had reddish brown hair and light silver eyes. Tear tracks ran down her face smearing some makeup.

“Oh my baby boy, are you okay?”

I blinked, my head throbbing with pain.

“You're too young to be my mother.”

It was true, I still didn’t understand the memories in my head, but I knew Reigis was fourteen, and his mother was thirty-five. Only the woman in front of me looked no older than twenty-five. In response she gave me a wide white-toothed smile.

“A real charmer, even when waking up from a ritual,” her smile faded quickly. “Are you okay? Can you feel all your fingers and toes?”

When I didn’t respond she began to panic.

“Oh Merlin, he’s paralyzed. Richard! Call a healer, Regis can't move his limbs!”

“What?!”

A heavier set of steps echoed out and a man now hovered over me. He looked only a year or two older than the woman, with jet black hair and eyes.

“Reigis, you can’t move? Don’t worry, it might just be a side effect.”

Reigis’s mother, Peseria Gaunt, smacked Richard on the shoulder.

“I didn’t say come here and dawdle, I said call a healer.”

“Dear, father-”

“Your father already forced us to go through with this damned ritual, I don’t care if he wants to keep Reigis under wraps until we find out if it worked. Call a damn healer.”

“I can move.”

Their rising panic froze, then the woman smacked me lightly on the head.

“Well what took you so long to speak up?”

My mind raced as the womans face, my mother, started to grow worried with my continued silence. I needed to think, quickly.

“Sorry mom, my mind is a little fuzzy right now.”

“Nothin’ wrong with your mind boy? Still remember everything? I’m not the best Legilimen, but I can check,” my father said.

“I-I’m good!”

He frowned, but nodded.

“Let’s get you to your room to rest, tomorrow your grandfather will check on the results of the ritual,” my mother said.

“Wait, lets check quickly if it worked.”

My mother, I guess, rolled her eyes, but nodded.

My father took out a crystal orb.

“Alright son, press your hand and let your magic flow through the orb naturally.”

I put my hand on the crystal ball and immediately felt a tug of an unexplainable power. The orb started to glow brightly, and the intensity only grew. When it was so bright that we could see nothing else my father took the ball away. I noticed that it still glowed in his hands, but not to the extent it had in mine.

My mother jumped with joy, clapping happily.

“It worked! It worked! Take that Percivil Gaunt!”

My mind supplied the answer to the un-asked question. Percivil Gaunt was my grandfather, brother to Merope and Morfin Gaunt. Current Head of the Gaunt family. While he was a blood purist he was not as bad as Morfin or Marvolo Gaunt had been. Merope Gaunt, unlike the original story, was still alive, married to Tom Riddle Sr. Her son however, Tom Riddle Jr. was dead.

Okay, a lot was apparently different than the canon. I tried to think further on it, but my head ached with pain.

“Can I get some rest?”

“Yes dear,” my mother said. “Yelp!”

A crack echoed out and a female house-elf appeared next to my bed. She looked exactly like one would except from the movies and books. She was adorned in a rather clean sheet.

“Yelp, clean up the young master and get him to bed.”

“Yes Mistress, Yelp will get right on it.”

An hour later I was in a large room lying in a king sized bed. My memories told me this was my room, but there was still some disconnect.

I tried to organize me thoughts. I knew this was the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but different. I also knew that I wasn’t originally from this world. I didn’t remember my name, where I came from, or even if I had been a boy in my last life. I thought I had been, but I couldn’t be sure. On the other hand I had knowledge, I had knowledge on Harry Potter, as well as a bunch of FanFiction I had read. I also had knowledge on some other things. Like how the year was 1994 now, and seven years from now would be 9/11/2001, the worst terrorist attack in US history.

Then there were the differences in the Harry Potter world. Such as Voldemort IE Tom Riddle Jr. dying in Hogwarts instead of becoming the Dark Lord, who was apparently my uncle. My father and grandfather never existed in the canon, and my mother, Peseria Gaunt, had been a Nott before marriage.

She also wasn’t my dad’s only wife.

A knock at the door startled me out of my thoughts.

“Reigis dear, can I come in?”

“Yes.”

A curvy blonde woman with sky blue eyes came in carrying a tray. She looked a bit younger than my mother, with a kind slightly shy smile.

Iris Gaunt, used to be an Avery, was another of my fathers wives. Along with my mother and two others she made up my fathers Coven. Her daughter, Lissy, was the same age as me and betrothed to none other than Ron Weasley, I know, weird. I had one other sister a few years older who was already in a Coven with a man named Trevor Rosier.

“I heard the ritual worked. Congratulations Reigis!” Iris said, placing a tray of toast and soup on my bedstand.

She then leaned over and kissed me gently on the forehead.

“We were all so worried. Lissy has been bothering me non-stop about coming to see you.”

“Thank you Mother Iris. I’m still feeling a bit exhausted at the moment so maybe tomorrow after the meeting with grandfather.”

She nodded gently, squeezing my hand before walking out the door. I tried not to stare at her curvy hips and pert ass, but it was hard. My father was a lucky man.

My thoughts went back to the memories I had. They were odd, there was a slight disconnect that stopped me from completely embracing Reigis as me. Like I had read a life-long auto-biography of Reigis instead of being Reigis. I cared for the people, like my mothers and father, but there was still a sense of distance and unfamiliarity.

I refocused on my memories, I had no idea if there even was a Harry Potter alive in this world, and if he was he wasn’t the boy-who-lived. Hell, he might be a she.

Hogwarts also didn’t start at eleven, instead it started at sixteen, which I thought was rather smart. Eleven year olds carrying around a weapon that could kill someone if the kid mispronounced Abra Kadabra was a terrifying prospect.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was apparently highly skewed in gender ratios. There were apparently so many witches that a lot of them never were able to join a Coven.

Covens were large magical marriage pacts between a wizard and many witches. However a Wizard could only have as many witches in his Coven as his magical power allowed. That wasn’t to say sometimes they had more unofficial partners, but the ritual magic was based on the male's magical power.

Reigis Gaunt had been a near squib, and therefore could only have one witch, as in a normal marriage. Which was a shame to the entire family according to Percivil Gaunt, my grandfather. My father had already been denied heirship due to only being able to bond with five women at most. Which was a little below average for a Wizard.

So I was forced to go through an ancient ritual in the Gaunt family Grimoire to expand my magical powers. Apparently there was a ninety percent fail rate, but both the old Reigis and my grandfather had been adamant about going through with it. My parents had not wanted to, but the old me had somehow convinced them.

And it worked, only the old Reigis was gone, or muted, or merged. I didn’t completely understand, I was more Reigis than I was whoever came from an alternate world. That person didn’t even have a name.

77