Chapter 41: H(e)aven
1.5k 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's perfect."

As I gaze at the structure with a mocking grin, I can't help but voice my thoughts.
I can't help but smile, thinking about the irony of the situation.
My mind races, considering the endless possibilities.
This must be my headquarters.

"I didn't think you'd become useful so quickly," I compliment the Schrecken twins.
Bicrista smiles at me with a false, gentle expression, while Gallo struggles to meet my gaze out of fear.
"I'm so glad you like it!" exclaims the silver-haired girl.
"It's run-down, practically a market flop. Our father was thinking of tearing it down," Gallo informs me.

Probably, the only thing of value is the land on which the building stands.
It's somewhat peripheral, but we're still talking about Neuesdorf, the capital.

"How much does your father want for it?" I ask.
"He's set the price at 250,000 credits," Gallo replies.
The price is already good, but I believe it can still be lowered.

"Make him an offer of 200k. Persuade him to bring the price down," I instruct.
"Do you have all this money at your disposal, Strauss?" Bicrista asks me in surprise.
"We'll make much more with this place," I reply with a smile.

Before us stands a three-story church, with the characteristic T-shaped design and an imposing bell tower.
A Chand church, now abandoned and deconsecrated. The appearance is devastated.
It requires substantial renovation, but that doesn't intimidate me.

"Tell me, Bicrista. Why was it deconsecrated?" I ask the girl.
Her eyes light up.
"Something very interesting happened! You see, a clergy member was a serial killer!" she tells me excitedly.
"And then?" I urge her to continue.
"He committed several of his murders here! He hid the corpses here!" she explains, almost bouncing.
"That explains the low value," I comment.
"Our father got it as a settlement for a debt, but however you want to look at it, it was a bad deal," says Gallo, less pleased than his sister.

As they tell me about the church, I observe it fascinated.
The church was dedicated to the goddess Chand, but its atmosphere is anything but sacred.
The once splendidly decorated stained glass windows are now mostly shattered, creating a dark and desolate effect inside the building.
The windows, once bright with vibrant colors, are now stained and damaged.
The place has clearly become a refuge for drug dealers, addicts, and vandals who have left their indelible mark.

The bell tower, once resonating with sacred melodies, now stands as a silent and decaying structure.
The underground floor, once perhaps used for liturgical purposes, is now an abandoned and deserted place, offering a sinister and claustrophobic atmosphere.

The church's facades are covered with colorful and chaotic graffiti, symbols of a fallen past and a new life that has taken over the building.

What better place than a deconsecrated church to set up the altar to Raqahela and perform my duties as a Bishop?
I struggle to hold back a laugh.

Moving away from the twins, I climb the external staircase leading to the main entrance.
Crossing what remains of the gate, I enter the church.
I am amazed by its size.
I walk through the main nave where the mass used to take place.
Dirt and debris surround me. Syringes and rags, remnants of dubious origin.
There is a lot of work to be done. But I can already envision the place once finished.
A perverse fantasy that electrifies me.
I think of the business I can conduct in this space.
I reach the destroyed altar, and from there, I turn around and gaze back at the large hall, daydreaming about the future.

*SNAP*

The demon appears behind me in her human form, dressed in her classic tailcoat.

"Raqahela is quivering at the mere thought. Raqahela could never have imagined such a perverse idea, so perverse that it is shrouded in lust. The nectar of love is flowing at this moment. Her love for you, her dear Strauss, has reached its peak," she whispers in my ear with a tone that could make any man climax.

Then she licks my ear.
Wow, a truly new experience.
Extremely enjoyable.

"Too bad going further would lead to your premature departure, and that would be excruciating for Raqahela. She couldn't bear the death of her favorite." she whispers mischievously, struggling to contain herself.

As I suspected, I am not yet able to handle a Succubus of Raqahela's caliber.
I turn around and look her straight in her violet eyes.

"Do you like the idea of your altar being placed in a church of Chand, in defiance of her sanctity?" I ask her, already knowing the answer.

"Raqahela cannot describe with mere words how much this arouses her. This perverse idea sends her into ecstasy," her eyes are full of lust.

"I knew you would approve," I smile, pleased.

She rubs her head against my back, like a cat.
Her scent, which I can't quite identify, envelops my nostrils as I'm overcome by a shiver of pleasure down my spine.

I decide to distance myself before things get out of hand.
I don't want to be devoured by a Succubus.

The somewhat disappointed demon disappears with a snap of her fingers.

I continue exploring the abandoned church.
There is definitely a lot of work to be done, but this is where I will establish the base for my guild and my activities.
The building is huge and spacious.
In the upper floors, I can accommodate my Servants and followers.
I have space for a laboratory and even a library.
In the basement, I can perform my rituals and imprison my enemies.
I've missed having a haven, a place where I can study and create.
The room in the dormitory is starting to feel cramped, and I am limited in what I can do.
The Harem is destined to grow, and with it, I'll need space to meet my Servants.

"Here you are, Wagner," says Gallo, joining me in my inspection.
"Did you talk to your father?" I ask him curiously.
"He won't go below 250k, I'm sorry..." Gallo apologizes.
"So, to your father, it doesn't matter that his son suffers until death," I joke but with a serious and realistic tone.
Gallo freezes.
"I'm kidding, I don't need to blackmail him." I smile, amused by Gallo's reaction.
"Ah... I-I figured..."

I think for a moment.

"Here's another offer. He can have 200 thousand in cash right away. Or 275k in installments with a rent-to-own formula. I think 25 thousand in interest is very advantageous," I present my idea to him.

Although a 10% interest is high, it's not uncommon in this country, and especially I would have difficulty accessing a bank loan.
A rent-to-own is a risky type of purchase, so it's normal for a high interest rate to be required.
However, most of the risk is on the buyer because if they don't redeem the property, the owner keeps all the rent received, including the deposit.
Without a discount, I prefer a staggered payment over time that allows me to maintain liquidity for other investments.
By maintaining a continuous cash flow, I can generate much more money.

Guaranteeing a high interest rate, I also want to win over the Schrecken.
They are in the real estate renovation business, and this church needs a lot of renovation if I want to turn it into the headquarters of my guild, which is a profitable venture. They could do this work for me and maybe I could negotiate a generous discount.

"How many installments were you thinking?" the boy asks me.
"Interest upfront and 24 monthly installments," I reply, doing the calculations in my mind.
I could also opt for fewer installments, but if business goes well, there's nothing stopping me from making an offer later to pay the entire amount.

"I'll communicate the proposal to him."
"Good, but remember, Gallo, make sure to be convincing," I tell him with a tone that sounds like an ultimatum.
I love teasing him and putting pressure on him. His frightened expression amuses me.
"Y-yes, of course!" he reassures me, terrified.

Gallo walks away to call his father.
As one leaves, another arrives.
Bicrista approaches with silent steps, as if she wanted to attack me.
Having noticed her presence, I look at her as if to tell her not to play tricks.
She seems disappointed, but then her fake gentle expression returns as usual.

"Now that you've seen the inside, what do you think?" she asks with a childish voice.

"I reiterate what I said before. The place is perfect. It was love at first sight," I reply.

"That makes me happy! I used to love playing junkies hunt in this church. I'm attached to it."

Honestly, I don't know how to respond to this statement, so I say nothing.
My mind is focused.

She tries to get my attention.
"What will you do in here?" she asks.

"A nightclub," I reply, smiling.

40