Vol. 2 Chapter 93: Les Jeux Sont Faits
439 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Les jeux sont faits.

During the pre-game briefing, I explained to my group the rules of the game and additional conditions, but I avoided going into details.
I didn't tell them about the ongoing demonic war of which we are pawns, nor did I mention the presence of two archdemons.
Moreover, I didn't reveal to Xiaikai Frolich that her freedom was also at stake.

I've done everything I could. I prepared as best as I could, striving to gain as much advantage as possible.
Certainly, I've made some mistakes, but at some point, you just have to take the plunge.
There are no perfect plans.

I've empowered my women and prepared healing potions for all my team members, along with poisons, antidotes, and doping potions.
I've also concocted some surprises for our enemies.
The only one who refused my potions was Xiaikai Frolich, as if she knew they concealed something.
She claims to have procured potions on her own.

I also made purchases in the [DEMONIC SHOP] that could be useful during the game.
For instance, I bought [MESSAGE THOUGHT] for 3 points, allowing me to communicate telepathically with my Servants or anyone who accepts the contact request. I can also force it if the target has lower intelligence than me and has no mental protections. The range is limited, but the temple's area falls within its reach.

I watch my companions through the magic sphere, each one clad in Silverdark armor and heavily armed.
I've handed the gems to the most important members.
Of course, Kanna, Rero, Luysia, Deedee, and Bicrista have one gem each.

One went to Welze, who, being a mage, will be protected by the others, and another to Gallo, my subordinate.
The last one I gave to Xiaikai. Despite the lack of trust between us, given her strength, it will be difficult to rob her.
As expected, Franz Dadref was not pleased with this, but I am the one who decides for the team.
He and Jarica are the weakest links.

Our gems are violet, the color of Raqahela, while Azherie's are bordeaux, the color of Barthomefolus.
I've discussed and prepared my strategies; now, I can only trust my Servants. Each has their role and mission.
But this is just theory. Are there strategies that can survive the chaos of the battlefield?

Les jeux sont faits, rien ne va plus.

In the chosen arena, the Demonic Game of Death begins.
Azherie and I are together at the top of the temple, sitting on luxurious thrones on an elevated balcony.
We can observe the outside, but in front of us are several magical spheres of vision similar to that of Sylthrenn.
They levitate and show us live images of the arena. The spheres respond to our controls, and with a swipe gesture like on a touchscreen, we can change the camera angle and viewpoint.

The queen rises from her throne and steps out onto the balcony.
With solemnity in her voice, Azherie announces, "The Demonic Game of Death begins now."
Her voice, amplified by magic, reaches every corner of her realm.

Then she turns to me, smiling: "May the best win."
I do not respond, maintaining a poker face.

From above, I see the two teams move with different strategies.
My Servants, aware of their tasks, move with precision.
Deedee, Bicrista, and Gallo venture into the temple, entrusted with a specific mission of vital importance.

I allowed Xiaikai freedom of movement, as she possesses powerful summons that made her a one-woman army.
Depending on the situation, she can support the various micro-teams.
She is the wildcard that could turn the tides of the game at any moment.

The attacking team consists of Luysia, Kanna, and Welze, while Rero, Jarica, and Dadref remain in the rear.
At any moment, I can order a role change, to give rest to the tired or as the situation requires.

We are already at the first confrontation. Azherie's team makes its first move.
One of the vision spheres focuses on Rero and a solitary advancing enemy Servant.
The tension rises, and even though I could not intervene directly, I can feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins.
The game starts, and every move can be decisive.

*****
*** RERO SANSANTI POV***

The enemy advances confidently, alone.
His solitary approach exudes self-assurance.

A sparkling bordeaux-colored gem, representing the queen's team, adorns his neck.
His helmet conceals his face, and although Rero can't see his features, she imagines a confident smile behind it.

The opponent twirls two uniquely styled swords, reminiscent of those used in the Celestial Empire.
His movements are elaborate and flawless, clearly displaying his mastery with the blade.

He wears a medium armor, yet his movements seem unhampered by it.
Additionally, he carries a larger sword on his back, sheathed and ready for use.

Rero Sansanti is undaunted.
She is no longer weak. She has been empowered by Strauss Wagner's salvation and his love.

"I'll take care of him," Rero declares with renewed confidence.
The brunette with green eyes draws her new Silverdark sword, ready for battle.

"No, he's a swordsman! That's my specialty. I'll handle him," asserts Franz Dadref, deciding to act on his own.

"Stop, Dadref! He's not an opponent you can handle. You need to support me as Strauss explained!" Rero tries to reason with the blonde.

"I won't listen to the nonsense of a coward like Wagner, who stays safe while we risk our lives. I am the top student in our class." Ignoring Rero completely, the man draws his sword.
Even Jarica is perplexed by his reckless attitude.

"Franz, we should face him together..." the light bown girl speaks to him, but he ignores her.

With a fierce battle cry, Franz charges at the enemy, his sword sparkling in the light of the Underealm plants.
The enemy Servant stops and assumes a defensive stance.

As Franz swings his sword towards him, the enemy effortlessly parries his attack with a graceful movement of his two swords.

With a fluid motion, he traps Franz's blade between his own and pushes back, catching Franz off guard and making him stumble.

Before Franz can recover, the Servant delivers a lightning-fast kick to his abdomen, hitting with crushing force.

The impact sends waves of pain through Franz's body, doubling him over in agony.
Seizing the opportunity, the Servant crosses his blades forward, wounding Franz's arms.

“AAARRRGHH!” the blonde screams, raising his injured arms to the sky, as his weapon falls to the ground.

The enemy takes advantage of the broken defense and stabs Franz in the unprotected part of the stomach with his right sword, with merciless violence.

Franz vomits blood from his mouth, screaming in excruciating pain.
The Servant of Azherie prepares to finish off the blonde with his left sword.

He aims to decapitate him.

He swings the blade.

*CLANG*

The sound of clashing metal startles the enemy.
Rero has intercepted the lethal blow aimed at Franz Dadref with her sword, blocking it.

Rero's gaze is impassive.

"Nice," comments the Servant, amused.

Losing interest in the blonde, he rudely withdraws his right sword from Franz's stomach and steps back, preparing for a much more interesting duel.
Blood oozes from Franz's stomach wound, and he collapses to the ground in agony.
Jarica rushes to his side to check on his condition.

"Let's play!" says the Servant as he observes the determined brunette.

17