Chapter 53 : Arina vs Mikami & Knight
110 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tonight is a peaceful and serene night for most of the residents of Arclens City. Billions of stars adorn the sky like grains of sand, with a few comet sightings adding to the spectacle. The atmosphere in Arclens City at night is quite lively, as many engage in refreshing activities after a day's work.

In the city center, residents can be seen crossing the streets with happy expressions, chatting with each other like close friends. Unbeknownst to them, two women stand atop a tower of the Lunarian Cathedral, known for its Gothic architecture.

These two women are dressed in black attire, adorned with gray armor covering only parts of their bodies, and they wear black hoods. Both wear red masks, gloves, long skirts covering their legs, and black cloaks. They are Arina and Clarissa, each wearing different attire.

They decide to change positions, realizing that standing on a residential rooftop won't be effective for observing the situation. Arina also gives a command.

The Lunarian Cathedral is the largest religious building in Arclens City, dedicated solely to worshiping the Moon Goddess, Lunarian. Its tower stands about 80 meters high, while the cathedral itself reaches about 30 meters in height.

The cathedral boasts four towers, two at the front and two at the back. Additionally, it serves as a propaganda tool for the Lunarian Theocracy, showcasing the grandeur typical of the nation. There are only two giant Lunarian cathedrals in the Igrasian Empire, one in Arclens City and the other in the capital.

From the tower's peak, a beautiful view of Arclens City can be seen, with lights illuminating the streets and people continuing their activities as if it were daytime. Arina, in particular, observes the inhabitants of Arclens City with great seriousness.

Of course, Arina is also awaiting the arrival of the forces heading her way, confident that the energy waves emitted earlier will attract the attention of soldiers and knights.

"It seems they're starting to come. I can see them from here," Arina says, looking down.

"Is that so? What are your orders, Arina-sama?" Clarissa inquires.

After hearing Clarissa's question, Arina pauses to think. She cannot risk having Clarissa engage in frontline combat as it would be too dangerous, especially since Clarissa is still a valuable informant.

"You, stay watch on the other side," Arina orders firmly.

"Understood!"

Clarissa immediately changes position upon receiving Arina's command.

In the distance, a large man is seen running swiftly, followed by 200 knights who appear skilled and experienced, as evidenced by the red armbands they wear. Arina watches from the tower's peak before sliding her foot.

"It would be a shame if this building were to be destroyed. It could make for a fine temple," Arina smiles briefly.

Several knights disperse to evacuate residents from the area around the cathedral and the nearby residential areas. Meanwhile, the rest head straight for the source of energy located beneath a residential house.

Arina carefully observes the soldiers, analyzing them. Typically, Servants cannot analyze the enemies they will face, but they can do so in direct combat.

Additionally, players can transfer enemy information to Servants, and certain classes and races can upgrade the skill [Scan] to [Ultimate Skill] or even [Origin Skill].

Arina sees the knights nearing her position.

"They're almost within range to disturb Alice-sama," she notes.

With graceful steps, Arina descends from the Lunarian Cathedral tower. As she jumps, she immediately uses [Ultimate Skill: Ultimate Teleport] to return to the rooftop.

"Well, it seems it's time to fight," Arina says flatly.

She stretches her arms and neck for a simple warm-up before the battle. With a vacant gaze, Arina begins to focus on a large figure approaching her.

========================

Meanwhile, Mikami is leaping from rooftop to rooftop, heading toward the mysterious energy source that poses a significant threat. His instinct tells him that this energy could destroy Arclens City, especially given the current geopolitical situation.

If other nations witnessed unrest in one of the largest cities in the Igrasian Empire, they might launch a massive invasion. Moreover, there is information indicating that Western nations are forming a coalition, with the Igrasian Empire situated squarely in the middle of the continent.

Hence, Mikami must swiftly address the issue of the mysterious energy suddenly emanating from the city center, especially since the energy source is near the Lunarian Cathedral, prompting Mikami to consider a few simple scenarios.

"Is this the work of the Lunarian religion?"

"Is it an attack or sabotage?"

"Or is it the intervention of another country?"

Only these three scenarios cross Mikami's mind at the moment. After a moment, Mikami spots someone wearing black clothing, a black hood, and a red mask. Mikami immediately recognizes the figure as a woman from her silhouette.

Moreover, Mikami can tell that the woman's strength is not to be underestimated.

"She's strong," Mikami murmurs.

Of course, Mikami mustn't act recklessly by attacking the woman, as it could lead to destruction. If a conflict arises, negotiation will be attempted first, but if negotiations fail, then battle will commence.

"I must try to negotiate with her. Peaceful means are preferable, considering the city's population," Mikami mutters.

"Pardon me, Miss. Who are you, and what is your purpose?" Mikami asks politely, employing etiquette befitting a nobleman.

Mikami senses the woman's cynical gaze, even though her face is covered by the red mask.

"Me?"

The woman appears to ponder for a moment, slightly puzzling Mikami. Meanwhile, Mikami signals to the knights behind him not to move.

"Yes, who are you?" Mikami repeats his question.

"I? I am a member of the Dark Origins, and I have interests here. As for my purpose, I decline to answer," the woman responds.

Mikami pauses for a moment, then tightens his grip on his large axe.

"Where do you come from? Are you affiliated with the Lunarian religion? Or are you from another country?" Mikami inquires again.

Though Mikami rarely speaks, in sufficiently pressing situations, he maintains a calm demeanor.

"I? I come from the darkness of the world, born from the sins of humanity. I am here only to serve an interest. Of course, I will only attack if you interfere or strike first. Understand?" The woman speaks coldly.

"Very well, my apologies. However, this is still the territory of the Igrasian Empire, and I will not allow an intruder to set foot in this country!"

Mikami immediately sprints at high speed, swinging his large axe to strike the woman in black clothing. Naturally, Mikami activates several buff skills to strengthen himself.

[Ultimate Skill: Archeon Grace]

[Ultimate Skill: Divine Power Up]

[Special Skill: Mahama Blessing]

[Special Skill: Strength Mega Boost]

Mikami is quite surprised when the woman remains completely still, seemingly not regarding Mikami as a serious opponent.

"Hm?"

The woman effortlessly halts Mikami's swing of his large axe with one hand, even gripping the blade of Mikami's axe.

"Her strength is incomprehensible..."

Before Mikami can react, the woman swiftly kicks him with tremendous speed, sending Mikami flying tens of meters sideways until he crashes into and destroys a resident's house.

The knights witnessing Mikami's dismissal immediately attempt to close the distance and attack the woman.

=========================

"200, no, 180 individuals... do I need to kill them all?" Arina ponders for a moment as she observes the knights preparing to attack her.

A knight then hurls his sword at Arina like a spear. Arina easily catches the sword, but suddenly, another knight appears right in front of her, intending to unleash fire magic from his palm.

Before the knight can release the fire magic, Arina swiftly kicks him with such force that his body and armor shatter like dust, with the knight's blood spraying in all directions. This startles the other knights.

One knight has been killed in less than a second. Meanwhile, a mix of vengeance and fear can be felt by the other knights.

"I warn you once again, I only attack if you interfere or strike first," Arina warns the knights firmly.

Meanwhile, the residents flee in panic, causing chaos around the cathedral and the residential area. The knights then rush toward Arina to launch a frontal assault.

"ATTACK!!!!"

"HOARGGGHHHHHH"

War cries echo loudly, and many of them immediately attempt various attacks, including physical strikes, magical attacks, and the use of skills.

Arina endures all of their attacks, feeling no pain whatsoever.

"Unfortunately, your attacks do not affect me, and you're just disturbing the scenery,"

Arina finds herself surrounded by the knights, who are shocked that their attacks do not affect her.

[Ultimate Skill: Stardust Blast]

Instantly, ten knights surrounding Arina explode into stardust particles, and Arina swiftly dispatches two more with movements so fast they are nearly impossible to see with the naked eye.

The knights reflexively leap backward to maintain distance, realizing they face a highly dangerous adversary. They have no desire to die, especially considering their families waiting for them at home.

"Fall back! She's too dangerous! Await reinforcements!"

The previous attack convinces the knights that their foe is indeed formidable, especially since she easily kicks Mikami, Princess Ivy's aide.

"You're retreating? Good. I'm not in the mood to kill either,"

Mikami then reappears before Arina after being flung quite far, showing minor wounds on his body that slowly regenerate.

"From his gaze, it seems he realizes he can't defeat me," Arina murmurs.

"What is your true purpose here? Why is such a powerful creature like you here!?" Mikami asks again.

"As I said, I refuse to answer. I'm just here for a small matter, don't worry, I won't destroy this city," Arina replies.

"Now I'll ask you back, who are you?" Arina inquires.

Arina and Mikami now face each other, standing on the rooftop of a residential house, which has begun to crack due to their brief skirmish.

"I am Princess Ivy's aide, Mikami,"

Arina is slightly surprised.

"Ohhh... I won't kill you, don't worry,"

Shortly after, thousands of soldiers and knights begin to arrive, surrounding Arina from all sides. Two slender figures stand beside Mikami.

"Oh, quite a lot. Do you intend to capture me?" Arina mocks.

Mikami and the two individuals appear to be discussing, then all three turn their gaze toward Arina. The two individuals are Rufus and Arshald.

[Telepath]

"Clarissa"

"Yes? Arina-sama?"

"Where are you positioned?"

"I'm behind the cathedral, and some knights are coming from this direction, engaging in combat with them,"

"How many of them?"

"15 people,"

"Is that so, just continue,"

"Understood!"

[Telepath End]

"I warn you once again, even though there are thousands of you, it's still impossible to defeat me; otherwise, this city will be destroyed,"

"I know, but if it's not attempted, we won't know the outcome, right?" Rufus responds to Arina's words.

"As the head of the Knights in the city of Arclens, I cannot allow intruders like you to act recklessly!"

"Be careful, she's a highly dangerous creature. It's best not to let the troops confront her directly, as it will only result in one-sided slaughter," Mikami warns his two companions.

"So, this person is really dangerous," Rufus ponders for a moment.

"In that case, I'll go to the other side of this area," Arshald says.

"Alright, if there's a strong creature like this on the other side of the area, just retreat,"

"Got it,"

Arshald then immediately appears to leave and runs to the other side of the area.

"1,695, 1,697, 1,699, 1,700," Arina counts the number of troops surrounding her.

The knights and soldiers also continue to increase in number over time.

[Telepath]

"Alice-sama,"

"Yes, Arina, what's the situation there?"

"I'm surrounded by 1,700 people, and they continue to increase in number,"

"I see, have you killed them?"

"Yes, I've killed those with low ranks and spared those with high ranks,"

"Good, what about Clarissa?"

"She's not very reliable in combat, but she can handle 15 people at once,"

"I see........"

"Yes, Alice-sama,"

"Give me your coordinates; I will do something to distract the knights, and I will act as the hero,"

There is no response from Arina, indicating that she is thinking for a moment.

"Yes, I understand, Alice-sama, my coordinates are directly above you, but 10 meters to the south,"

"Alright, keep holding them off, Arina,"

"Understood!"

[Telepath End]

The ground trembles violently as if a massive earthquake is occurring. Naturally, Mikami, Rufus, and the knights are bewildered by what is happening.

[Ultimate Summon Skill: Death Giradeer]

Instantly, amid the city, a giant monster appears, standing 35 meters tall, causing panic among the residents. The monster resembles a deer but has a long neck and tail like a giraffe. 

One could say it's a mix of a deer and a giraffe, but many parts of its body appear damaged and decayed, with some areas devoid of flesh, revealing only bones.

The Death Giradeer emits a loud, piercing sound like a giant siren in the middle of the city. This startles the knights, Mikami, and Rufus.

"What kind of monster is that?"

"It's dangerous if a monster appears in the middle of the city!"

Instantly, the morale of the knights significantly drops as they realize they must defeat such a powerful creature, especially one of giant size.

However, a glimmer of hope arises when someone wearing a mask and white hair appears right in front of Arina. He is The White Hero, who previously captured a serial killer.

"I won't let evil creatures like you roam around in the city!" White Hero says, pointing his sword at Arina.

"Intriguing!" Arina is impressed and immediately takes out a large battle axe from a small hole nearby.

"Mikami and Rufus, you can fight that giant monster. I will take on this masked figure!" 

"Are you sure? She's very powerful!"

"Of course,"

Hello! It's been a while since we last met, how are you all doing?

I apologize for the delay in updating this novel, it's been 2 months since the last update, due to the author's busy schedule and some other specific reasons.

This arc will conclude in Chapter 56, so I will do my best to provide an exciting climax.

I, Fallen Lily, sincerely apologize and I will strive to update this novel regularly again, as before.

Thank you to those who have read up to this point, I appreciate it.

And every comment from you also motivates me even more.

- Fallen Lily

9