Chapter 51 : Night of Chaos
116 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, those are the pills Arina mentioned. THE MODERN OR FANTASY WORLD IS NOT FAR FROM FUCKING DRUGS!!!"

At high speed, Alice also rushes toward the cult member. Now, their distance is very close, and both are ready to attack. Alice exerted great effort to balance her strength, preventing her from directly killing members of this cult.

A clash ensued as Alice's ice sword collided with the cultist's metal sword. They locked eyes for less than three seconds before the cultist attempted a left-side kick, but Alice deftly blocked it with her right hand.

"I confess! I'm Jolgan, one of the elite cult forces!"

Alice smirked, and then her smile widened, surprising Jolgan. Seizing the opportunity, Alice kicked Jolgan, sending him crashing into the wall. The impact was loud, breaking Jolgan's left arm.

"You're still too weak for an elite force member!"

Jolgan, angered by Alice's mockery, plunged the room into darkness. A bright, dazzling red light emerged. Red lightning, vivid and intense, crackled from Jolgan's hand.

"Oh, red lightning,"

Alice recalled various lightning types from her experiences in the Monsterland game, triggering a wave of nostalgia. Refocusing on her opponent, Alice adjusted her power to avoid instantly killing Jolgan.

(Red lightning, an evolution from blue lightning, could be considered second-tier lightning.)

"This world is getting more interesting!"

[Tier B Magic: Maxima Penetrate Red Thunder Strike]

"Using two metamagics? You're truly talented, hahaha!"

A large red lightning approached Alice at high speed. Intrigued by someone mastering metamagic, Alice also learned not to underestimate individuals in this world.

[Tier C Magic: Frost Touch]

Despite being attacked by Tier B magic, Alice, a level 150 Magician, or more precisely, a Relentless Disaster Magician, remained resilient. The red lightning moved at about 600 kilometers per hour, and with only 30 cm left, Alice leaped, rotating her body mid-air.

Now inverted with her head below, still suspended in the air, Alice touched the red lightning, instantly freezing it. Freezing lightning was an exceptionally rare occurrence.

In this world, there are five main elements: fire, water, wind, earth, and lightning. Among them, lightning is the strongest and most destructively potent. However, it is also the most challenging element to master, even for a professional magician. Compared to other elements, lightning is the most mana-intensive.

Basic lightning users typically emit it from their hands, channeling it to their fingers, and then directing it towards their enemies.

Every element can also be combined, but combining them is very difficult due to the need for a high balance. For example, combining the fire and wind elements, if one element is significantly more dominant, the combination will fail.

Another example is combining the water and wind elements to form the ice element. If the balance of water and wind is not maintained, the ice element cannot be used. Balance is key to combining the basic elements. In addition to elemental combinations, there are also elemental enhancements. For instance, fire evolved into blue fire, earth evolved into metal, and so on.

Currently, Alice has mastered the water and wind elements to the point of controlling the ice element exceptionally well. Among the top Magician players in the Monsterland game, Alice excels in using the ice element compared to other Magicians. The reason for Alice's white hair is related to one of her classes, allowing her to reach the highest level of ice element usage.

It can be said that the ice element is Alice's second strongest magic, following the destruction magic she used against the True Abyssal Dragon Lord.

After freezing the red lightning emitted by Jolgan, Alice landed on the frozen red lightning. Jolgan was astonished as the red lightning he had studied for decades was frozen in a matter of seconds. Alice, on the other hand, sprinted across the frozen red lightning at high speed to close the distance between her and Jolgan.

Realizing that Alice was near, Jolgan hastily consumed all the pills he carried to significantly boost his strength. Alice, enthusiastic about facing an opponent who can use metamagic, continued her rapid approach.

'Slash!!!'

The sound of a cleave resonated; Jolgan, who had just taken the pills, didn't realize his head had been severed. His gaze seemed to spin in the air until he died without realizing his demise. Fresh blood splattered in all directions, pooling around his lifeless body.

Alice, now aware of having killed Jolgan, stopped and felt a deep disappointment, staring at Jolgan's headless corpse.

"What was this person doing? Why didn't he dodge? Was I too quick?" Alice uttered in a low voice.

Suddenly, shockwaves erupted, scattering everything in the room except for the red lightning frozen by Alice. She turned towards the source of the shockwaves, noticing the release of energy that could be felt by someone skilled in magic.

Heisen was enveloped in a purple aura, ready for battle. However, Alice suddenly realized something, causing her expression to change drastically. She rarely showed surprise and usually remained calm unless she made a fatal mistake.

It would be dangerous if this drew attention.

"HOARGGGHHHH!!!!" Heisen roared, feeling immense power in his current state.

"SHITTTTTT, YOU CAN DRAW ATTENTION!!!!!!"

Full of emotion, Alice dashed at high speed toward Heisen, using her [Origin Skill] to create a half-circle barrier.

====================

Mikami and Rufus were currently outside the Knight's office. Several knights were present, including Ashrald, the head of the Knights of Arclens.

It was a beautiful and peaceful night for them. Tonight was the same night when Alice fought underground in the city of Arclens against the cultists.

"Will you be leaving tonight, Mikami-sama and Rufus-sama?" Ashrald asked in a soft tone.

"Yes, we will leave the city tonight as our business here is done. We have to accompany Princess Ivy in two days, so we need to return," Rufus explained.

On the other hand, Mikami recalled his battle against the White Hero, Arthur. Arthur proved to be a match for Mikami, who is Princess Ivy's strongest guard. It happened earlier this morning and lasted for about an hour.

Certainly, it enlightened Mikami's mind that there are still many strong individuals out there.

"All right then, be careful on the road," Arshald waved gently toward Mikami and Rufus.

Mikami and Rufus, mounted on their horses, intended to leave the city immediately. However, before they could depart, tremendous energy suddenly surged, startling Mikami, Rufus, and Arshald.

They had never felt such immense energy emanating from the city center, and it posed a significant danger to the residents. A week ago, an explosion occurred, causing civilian casualties, and they didn't want a repeat.

"What is that!?" Arshald was greatly surprised.

"It's from the city center!" Rufus immediately identified the source of the energy.

"I will go there directly! Gather troops, and split forces to follow me and evacuate the citizens!" Mikami gave orders with the authority of a competent leader.

"Understood!" Rufus and Arshald responded in unison.

Other knights immediately rang bells signaling an emergency and calling back the knights on duty to return promptly.

Mikami leaped off his horse. jumping quite high and landing on the roof of a resident's house. He then ran on the rooftops, jumping from one to another, heading towards the location of the energy source.

"Hurry! Hurry!"

The knights were seen running towards the Knight's office, grabbing their complete combat gear.

=========================

Arina is currently standing on the roof of a resident's house, directly above the room where Alice and Heisen are engaged in a battle.

Following Alice's previous orders, Arina's task is to ensure no one disturbs Alice's fight. Of course, Alice also implicitly ordered to elimination of individuals crucial to the Empire as it could impact their long-term plans to control the Empire.

Next to Arina, Clarissa is also on guard. They both appear poised and elegant, like models, but they are actually in a state of readiness, prepared to attack if someone approaches.

Suddenly, a wave of energy emanates, and Arina and Clarissa can sense it.

"Arina-sama..." Clarissa calls Arina and signals that there is a wave of energy released.

"Yes... I know." Arina understands what action she needs to take.

A black portal appears right next to Arina. She immediately takes two black cloaks and gives one to Clarissa.

"Wear this; we will disguise ourselves," Arina says while handing the black cloak to Clarissa.

"Thank you, Arina-sama." Clarissa receives the cloak gratefully.

They both then put on the cloaks, and the cloaks have the effect of making the wearer's face invisible to enemies, which is excellent for disguise.

"Get ready; we will be fighting shortly," Arina says with a firm tone.

"Okay!"

6