25. Linda The Noble (5)
48 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Support me on Webnovel and Tapas

 

I look at her... Even with my trembling legs, I still have pride as a victim. "This is not fighting school," I said to Nexus.

She still grabs Yulia's umbrella. Our eyes meet with each other.

"Don't you dare to pick a fight in this lovely school!" Said Alice while giving an empty smile at us with her dead eyes. 

"Still not giving up?" Asked her again. Her strong presence. It's scary... Really... But, if I give up here, they will act erratically toward me.

Furthermore, I am alone here. They already made a group when they left me alone as The Normal. I should set up my stage for myself.

"Nope, I am not violating any rule." Said me getting a bit firm.

With a sigh, she gives up and releases her grab. At that second, I put the umbrella in my hand and broke it using my knee.

"Are you stupid?" Asked her looking at my actions.

M-My knee... O-Ouch...

My knee is trembling with paint. They look at me with paint on her face. Some of them cover her face to prevent their eyes from looking at my stupidity.

"D-Darling... Are you okay?" Asked Tiara after approaching me.

"That's unpredicted... Really." Said Nexus with her surprised face.

"S-Shut up... I..."

Argh... The paint is still there. Slowly, I put my hurt leg on the floor and just carefully stroked it. Ouch...! It's hurt.

Tiara bows her body and hug me. While patting her head she soothes me with care. "Don't worry Nina... That's a lot of stupidity today."

Her voice is gentle and calm. Still, it hurt my pride. I acted arrogantly before and got instant karma for that. Uh...

"I don't really know now If I should be angry at you or feel sympathy about your idiocracy." Said Yulia while looking down at me.

Clap!!

"Get back to your seat... For Nina, go to the infirmary with Linda." Said Alice changed her way of talking again to a fun and joyful teacher...

"You shall know your position, Nina." Said Linda while carrying me with her arm.

"S-Sorry..." Said me a bit feel guilty for her.

"No need to worry, this is our duty as noble." Said her still in the emotionless face. On the first day, she was surprised that my love points got lower by her actions and now she acts like nothing happened. Really, I don't know what is she thinking about.

Every floor has an infirmary the same as the canteen. Just...

What with this infirmary? Automatic door, air conditioner... Ah, that's normal to have it, X-Ray... Huh? X-Ray!!? For what purpose?!

After noticing us, the nurse greets us gently with her soft voice. "Welcome, you can take Miss Nina to the X-Ray." Said her while standing up. In front of her right chest, there is a tag name stated as "Ruri Enigma".

She walks at that X-Ray setting up something... Or maybe she wants to turn it on. I am laying my body on the capsule while the X-Ray working.

(Your Highness, without any feeling of condescension, you shall join the class and leave Nina to me.) - The Nurse

This is the-

(Could you tell me what's your aim now?) -Eluthya

(Then, I would accept your kindness. See you next time.) -Linda

Ah, Sister Ruri didn't ask why we are in Pajama. Is that normal for her? Or maybe she used to face the absurdity of Alice. Nah, I never seen her interaction with other than this place.

The machine is running.

(That simple, we should what she loved if you want to higher your points.) -Alice

Huh? Is my ability leveled up? This machine let out a loud ringing sound inside it. And yet, I still know what people say around me.

(So, what now? The person you talked about is nowhere here.) -Yulia

(You are still angry with her huh?) -Tiara

(How didn't I angry with her?!) -Yulia

(Calm yourself, kid, you are still halfway.) -Radiant

(Wanna fight!?) -Yulia

(Such an improper way of resolution. I suggest you learn mannerly to correct your behavior.) -Linda

Ah...! Think about something else Nina, think about something else...

After my condition was checked, the machine stopped and let me out of the capsule.

"What an interesting human you are." Said her with a surprised face while looking at my result.

I am curious. What does she mean by that? I looked closer and found out there was an abnormality in my brain.

She looks at me with a delightful face. "You... Have a cancer."

... "What!!!?"

"Ah! Bad word choice... I mean, this is like mutation." Said her correcting her words but that was still the same as before!!!

W-What!? I... Cancer? How could it be?

"Ah! Wait! Nina!!"

Because of excessive shock, I get fainted in a second. But, before I fainted, I felt a hand behind my back preventing me from falling on the floor.

Huh? Cancer...? What does she mean by that? Am I going to die? Do I have a time limit before my death? No... Why my father didn't tell me about it...

He is the one who checks my condition constantly. Am I sick from the beginning?

This dream... Is my always dream. Black, full of darkness, and yet, I still can look around me. This is the other side effect of having this ability. Because I can fully control my mind, unconsciously whenever I am dreaming while sleeping or fainting, I am sure will have lucid dreams.

I still can move my body. But don't know why there is a solid material to step on it. It's like floating in the sky aimlessly. Ah! I remember that my father always bought some cartoons or movies DVD with esper themes. I willingly put it on the DVD player and enjoyed the story without knowing that my father had another intention to teach me how to be a good mind reader. He always brings that to make me think that human normally has a superpower. He will always... I know this is rude but, brainwashes me to think that I am just a normal girl without or with this ability. And that effect is still carried by my brain until now.

Talk about it... This is my chance. Should I open up all my memory at one time? I happen to make that overwrite system inside my brain to nerf my ability by slowing it down. Making a mind palace should not be a problem for me.

But... If I erase it... The moment we spend together as daughter and father will be erased too.

In the end, I woke up without doing anything in my dream.

"Ah~ You started me when you fainted. Sorry... I am really sorry." Said the nurse after noticing that I woke up.

I got up and asked her. "What's the time?"

"The lesson is already over. You should rest for a moment this day, okay?" Said her worried about me.

"So, what's about the cancer?" Asked me.

I am not the type that will not remember something before get fainted. It's like hearing it from a second before. Even without consciousness, I still can remember it with my unconsciousness.

"The occipital lobe in your brain... It's mutated... Or maybe I should say it evolved." Said her still worried about me. She seemed delightful before so why?

I listen carefully because this is new to me.

"Did you know the old phrase called 'You will drink just from where you are'?"

I am confused about that but still manage to answer it. "When you are in the same place as drunkards, even if you are sober you are still drunk. That's a philosophical for normal that is not normal in one place."

"To be simple, all of them are not drunk. They are sober... Because the one who sober is you is the one who drunk-"

"Because the drunkard will always say that they are not drunk." Said me to complete her sentence.

"Correct, this kind of language had known millennial age before. When our ancestors without any language communicating with each other. They used some of the ways to communicate."

"Huh? Wait? That means I get devolved right?" Asked me.

"It's instinct, when are bunch of information together fills up the brain, then the residue will remain. That residue happens to connect all of the brain along with all humans. And then, it will be called normal for other humans. This is just theory after I looked up your data. There is a chance that your brain can connect to all of the humans in your range in some way. And then your brain will visualize it like a visual novel where there is a small window below the character to show up their thought."

That's... She is almost right. But she can't definite the nature of my ability. It's just the connection with what she called the evolved occipital lobe with my mind-reading ability. I see, that's why I can see (...) -person. If that part is not mutated maybe my ability can't be called mind reading but mind hearing.

Enough for the explanation...

"W-Wait... Could you give me a chance to observe you for your own health?" Asked her worried about me.

Futile... That's not your intention. You are not Lordeca's sister. Your thoughts are leaked out everywhere.

(She is new...)

(I should get her permission whatever it takes!!)

(She is the new human of this era.)

(This is revolusioner!!)

(I NEED TO KNOW)

I leave the infirmary after saying that. "Your thoughts are leaked out."

She was shocked and just looked at me leaving the infirmary with her shocked face.

Sigh* What should I do? The person who are interested in my ability has increased.

Ah! It's Linda... Did she wait for me all that time?

"Linda..." Said me from far away.

She looked at me. She wanted to run but stopped her decision and walked slowly at me like a noble girl should.

"I am grateful looking at you feeling better." Said her while smiling at me.

Oh... She is smiling at me. I thought that yesterday was just a special course for opening her first week but it's apparently not.

3