CHAPTER 3: FIRST DAY SCHOOLING
1.5k 9 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“*sniff* Sa-chan is going to school already, Mommy would be alone and sad in the house” My Mother said dramatically.

“Oka-sama don’t be sad. Sakura will be going home early every day so Mommy can be happy. I will miss Mommy too” I said that in a cheerless tone but in my mind, I actually I sighed in relief.

“Aww my baby had grown a lot now. I'm so touched, Mommy loves you very much” She hugs me, kisses my forehead, cup my cheeks with her hands and rubs it like there’s no tomorrow. This is Mom indeed. If it’s the typical me I would have blushed at her actions. But I've been used to this kind of pampering already.

Relax Mother, I'm only going to school, it’s not as if I'm going to work abroad or anything. My Mother is a housewife. She also came from an influential family and she had a mix of Canadian and Japanese blood in her while my Father is a pure Japanese. Sometimes she used phrases in English arrangement when speaking so I get confused at times.

 After a lot of Mother’s emotional act, Mahiro and I finally left with our car. This is going to be a usual scenario starting today. Our attendant would drop me first before my brother since my school is closer.

I've been looking forward in this event. Since I reincarnated, Elementary topics would be a piece of cake for me. I finally had this rare chance to be recognized as a genius child. This is at the least, my way of comforting myself that it’s okay to be reborn even as a girl.

“Fufu”

 

I accidentally slip out a sound while thinking about it. Whenever a word comes out my mouth, it will always turn girly no matter what and I got used to ignoring it.

I'm was only an average schoolboy with an average grade. In my past life, sometimes the brainy kids get to skip special classes and even cleaning duties. I wonder if it also works for the school I'm enrolled in as well. Knowing my family status, they would definitely put me into a prestigious school in which I haven’t got to attend as Yuinji Akase.

“You seem happy little sister, I thought you're going to be nervous in your first day”

Ke! Is he staring at me all this time? I calmed myself and thought of an excuse.

“Eto..Sakura is going to meet new people”

“You mean friends?”

“T-that’s right! That’s why I'm excited! Haha...” He doesn’t seem convinced yet so I followed a question.

 “By the way Onii-sama what school are you enrolled in?” I asked even though I already know the answer. Mom told me once when she was actively dressing me with a sailor uniform.

“It’s Ryouken Elementary Institute, a little far from your school”

“Hm? Why did they enroll me in a different school?”

“I don’t know, it was decided by Father after you are homeschooled”

It was Father’s decision? But isn’t it normally done to put the younger sister in the same school with her older sibling for him to look after the younger ones? I too think that it would be more effective to put us together in the same school. What was my Father thinking?

While pondering about it, I didn’t notice that we’ve arrived already.

“Miss Nishita Sakura, your mother had tasked me to accompany you to your new school” A smiling female attendant appeared after she opened the door for me. I look at my brother.

“Don’t worry about a thing. While you’re still not familiar with your school, Nami-san will be here to guide you.”

 “Okay. See you later Onii-sama”

“You too. Have fun on your first day of schooling”

“Un!” (AN: An expression of agreement)

After saying a few encouraging words to me, I waved my brother goodbye and I proceeded with my attendant. This is going to be my first time being away from my family. I haven’t gone to a Nursery School, instead, I was homeschooled and got tutors to come to teach me themselves.

 

I inhaled air and breathed out freely.

Finally.

Outside my family radar, there’s no need to act.

 

 

*******************

“My name is Nishita Sakura, please take care of me” I said plainly in my introduction. My classmates just stared at me as if expecting a follow-up sentence. To be honest I don’t have anything to say aside from that. The introductions of the previous ones were cheerful and a bit lengthy however I kept it short when it was time for me to introduce myself. I was about to sit down when our adviser asks me a question.

“Uhm Do you have any favorite food or animal?”

“I have none teacher” I said immediately. There’s no need to announce these kinds of details.

“Then how about favorite color?” Seeing that our teacher won’t let go of my introduction easily, I can only sigh.

“I guess it’s black” My other classmates began to whisper with their seatmates. Even the teacher is shocked by my answer. They all look at me weirdly.

Well, congrats Me for exactly forgetting that you turned into a little girl. I said to myself sarcastically.

“..I..see..So black it is”

“And…. pink” I added. It’s best to avoid creating a weird impression about me.

Their faces began to show an understanding. It seems like they expected me to say something like that. The teacher finally accepted my introduction and continued with my classmate next to me.

When everyone was all done introducing, the class progressed normally and my classmates are actively participating. This scene is just like in any normal classes. Our subjects are composed of Japanese, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Music, Art and crafts, Physical Education and Home Economics. Piece of cake. The school bell rang and teacher Mitsuharu Ayako-san dismissed us for lunch break. I didn’t expect that despite my weird introduction, there are still classmates who went to my desk and asked to be my friend. They all have this kiddy attitude and as the oldest person here(Mentally) I don’t have any reason to decline their request. Thus, this became the start of my school adventure as the Onee-san.

After the class was over, it’s time to go home. I can see the kids being fetched either by their family or their drivers. I spotted Kuyoku Nami-san near the gate looking for me. Welp, time to go home indeed.

“Is my older brother in the car?”

“Unfortunately Miss Nishita, your brother has an unfinished activity in their school so he is yet to go home”

 “I see. Calling me by my name is fine, Nami-san”

“As you wish, Sakura-sama” She looks delighted at my remarks. I just thought it’s normal for her to call me by my first name. Besides, I was already calling her Nami-san earlier.

I went home before my brother. Mom was already there in front of our house so eager to see me. After a few pampering, she asked me how’s my first day in schooling. I explained my impression of the school, my adviser and my classmates. I also told her how I got friends with a few of them.

Meanwhile, my brother arrived and I just repeated what I said to mother. He was worried that I would get angry when he wasn’t there to pick me up. I assured him that I understand he was busy at that time. Time passes quickly and Mom is by now preparing for dinner. Father is currently in a business meeting so he will return home later. After eating, I took a shower and prepared myself to sleep. Mother went to my bedroom to check on me.

“Shall I read a book for you before you sleep?”

“Oka-sama I'm old enough already, I don’t want to bother Mom for such matter” She just smiled at me and pats my head.

“My little princess has grown so fast already that mommy couldn’t help but miss the old days”

My mother gets emotional sometimes but she takes care of us meticulously. Her adoration to me as her daughter is as clear as water. In this second life, I too want to cherish this mother of mine.

“Mom”

She hugs me and strokes my hair.

“There there, sleep now my dear. You still have classes tomorrow”

“Okay, I love you Mom” She was astonished by my words.

“That is very pleasant to hear. I love you too, your brother, and your daddy the most in the world” She was all smiles.

After she releases me, she kissed me goodnight and left the room.

I too was surprised by my own words. I didn’t expect to say it out loud. Was it just acting? Or was it driven by my real emotion?

………..

 It seems that I, Yuiji Akase, is starting to discover strange things along the path as Nishitta Sakura.

I laid down to sleep. A few minutes passed and I still couldn’t get a wink of sleepiness.

I brought to mind what happened in school. According to my observation, the childish mindsets of my classmates are strongly present when I tried talking to them. They are still indeed, kids. It is unlike my brother and his two friends who act more mature in contrast to their age, especially Mahiro.

 I don’t know what kind of training he undergoes from Father but I am sure as hell that it wasn’t easy. There were times where my brother will talk like an old person. I even ask him once if he had a recollection of memories from his past life and he just looked at me weirdly with ‘what on earth are you talking about?’ expression. I said it was just a joke after seeing his reaction and changed my question into why he sounded like an adult sometimes. He answered that it was probably because of Father’s training on him, as the future successor of Nishitta Company. Now that I think about it, Kouji Yuji and Tanakagi Tomaru are both the heir of their respective group.  Being born as the little miss of a powerful family is already handling a huge burden, how much more to those future successors? I can only sympathize with them.

I'm starting to feel sleepy.

 

Aside from my awkward introduction in the morning, everything went smoothly on this first day. I hope…I can survive… living as…a girl…the…following………….years………..

Zzzz

Zzz

Zz

Z

 

16