62 – Tongue of the Dragon
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye lay on the ground, back aching, gasping for air. Taro was towering over him, his Crimson Tempest form still imposing, radiating power and authority. He could feel Taro’s disdain even from where he lay.

But as he looked up at Taro, Ye could feel something stir within him. A deep sense of determination and purpose. Despite his injuries and exhaustion, Ye knew what he had to do. He had to fight until the end.

With a deep breath, he focused his remaining Qi. Ye could feel the Celestial Ivory Ascendant form start to take hold, the power surging. Taro looked on in shock and disbelief as Ye rose to his feet, his form now towering over him.

Ye could feel the power coursing through his veins, his movements becoming more fluid and precise. Taro tried to attack, but Ye was ready for him. He dodged and weaved through his attacks, each move becoming more effortless than the last.

As Ye looked up at Taro's Crimson Tempest form, he knew that he had no other option but to use the Celestial Ivory Ascendant form. Even though he had barely any Qi left and had been severely injured in the previous fights, Ye felt a spark of hope ignite within him. He closed his eyes and focused on the energy flowing through his veins. Ye summoned every last ounce of strength and transformed into the Celestial Ivory Ascendant form.

His eyes flew open, a rush of immense power surging through him. Ye Chen saw Taro Ishikawa staring down at him, a blend of shock and fear evident in his eyes. Gripping the Luminous Ivory Saber firmly, Ye charged towards his adversary. Taro unleashed his Vortex of Annihilation, but Ye dodged it effortlessly, agility and power in perfect sync. He parried Taro's subsequent attack and immediately took the offensive.

With lightning speed, Ye struck Taro in a blur of swift strikes, each hit landing with devastating force. Taro, overwhelmed, tried to retaliate, but he was no match for the might of the Celestial Ivory Ascendant form. Ye could feel his power levels soaring with each successive strike, the taste of victory growing ever closer.

Their blades clashed, Taro's Crimson Tempest form meeting the Celestial Ivory Saber, and from the collision, a blinding explosion of light burst forth. Taro's screams echoed as he disintegrated into a cloud of ash, unable to endure the ferocity of Ye's attack.

The surrounding air shimmered with the lingering energy of his strike, a sense of satisfaction washing over Ye as he realized Taro's defeat. As the power of the Celestial Ivory Ascendant form started to wane, his body began feeling overwhelmingly heavy.

Collapsing to the ground, Ye watched the ashes of Taro scatter in the wind. Adrenaline still pulsing through his veins, he was numb from the enormity of what had just unfolded. The victory was his, yet the toll it took was immense.

The Heavenly Retribution System's congratulatory message reached him, but he was barely able to comprehend it. His thoughts were dominated by an overwhelming sense of relief and the need for rest, even if momentary.

Lying there, paralyzed on the ground, the aftermath of his battle with Taro still vivid in his mind, a sense of pride swelled within him. He had triumphed in an exhilarating fight against Taro's lethal Crimson Tempest form.

However, the triumph was fleeting. Pain and exhaustion racked his body, and as he gasped for breath, the voice of the Heavenly Retribution System cut through his thoughts, pulling him back to reality.

[Suggestion: Begin next task, “Claim the Heart of Iron” immediately., It is of greater difficulty than “Eye of the Fox” or “Tongue of the Dragon”]

Ye listened to its recommendation, but his mind was more focused on the next move. He needed to see his wives and Sasha, to let them know that he was safe and to reassure them that everything would be ok. Ye couldn't wait to feel their warm embrace and to be with them once again.

[Warning: Qi depletion imminent.]

Despite his desire to move, his body rebelled against him, utterly drained of energy. He lay there, incapable of even lifting a finger, acutely aware that rest and recovery were imperative before he could undertake his next vital task: the destruction of the Heart of Iron.

Exhaustion notwithstanding, he was enveloped by a sense of satisfaction, knowing he had accomplished his goal and completed his mission. He had vanquished Taro, thereby earning the right to claim all of Serpent's Claw's assets, including Sasha.

For the moment, however, all he could do was rest, allowing time for his strength to rejuvenate so he could resume his journey and confront the forthcoming challenges.

As he lay immobile, his mind wandered, contemplating the future. What would transpire once he emerged from this coma-like state?

He had triumphed over Taro, gaining control of the Serpent's Claw property and Sasha. Yet, questions loomed. What would he do with these newfound assets? And what of his wives? Would they remain, faithfully waiting for his awakening?

Drifting into unconsciousness, he recognized that his life was irrevocably altered. Awakening from this coma would introduce him to an unknown world.

In this state of uncertainty, he could only hope that he would possess the strength to confront whatever lay ahead.

0