63 – Mourning in Kagesato
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He woke abruptly, disoriented in an unfamiliar room, the weight of lost time pressing down on him. It had been ten long months since he last opened his eyes, and memories of the events leading up to his prolonged slumber were hazy. The battle with Taro, the transformation into the Celestial Ivory Ascendant form, his subsequent victory, and the ensuing coma – all these memories flooded back in a sudden rush.

Feeling weak, he surveyed his surroundings and realized he was in a luxurious room within Villa Ganzan, where skilled doctors had tended to him. During his absence, he had been declared the victor of the Serpent's Coil, dramatically altering his life in ways he could barely comprehend.

His heart pounding, he grappled with the enormity of what had transpired. A myriad of questions swirled in his mind: Were his wives safe? What had become of Sasha? How much had the world changed during his ten-month absence?

As he slowly came to, he found himself in a comfortable bed, a sense of warmth enveloping him. His eyes gradually opened to the sight of Rin sitting beside him, breast-feeding their child. The scene was heartwarming, bringing a smile to his face.

Rin, noticing he was awake, gasped in shock and called out to a passing doctor. "He's awake! Come quickly!" she exclaimed.

The doctor hurried to his bedside, examining him thoroughly. His pleased expression indicated positive progress, but Rin seemed concerned about something more.

Struggling against dizziness and weakness, he sat up in bed. Jiro was quick to offer support, steadying him.

"Welcome back, my lord," Jiro said respectfully. "It's good to see you awake."

Taking a deep breath, he looked around, his eyes adjusting to the light. There sat Rin, holding a baby, her face aglow with happiness and relief.

"Rin," he said softly, smiling. "Is that...?"

She nodded, her eyes brimming with tears. "Yes, they're our sons, Kota and Kenta. They were born while you were asleep."

He was astounded. He had two sons. Gently, he touched Kota's tiny hand, a surge of love and protectiveness washing over him.

"That's wonderful news," he said, his voice filled with emotion.

But Rin's expression shifted, her gaze dropping to Kota before she spoke. "There's something else I need to tell you, Ye."

Lying in bed, still weakened from his prolonged sleep, he noticed Ai's absence. An uneasy feeling took hold of him. He demanded to know her whereabouts, but both Jiro and Rin hesitated, their reluctance fueling his growing concern.

At that moment, Master Hanzo entered the room, his expression grave, signaling that something was amiss. The lump in Ye's throat grew as he observed Rin's hesitation. He had sensed something was wrong upon waking and noticing Ai's absence. His mind raced through countless possibilities, but nothing seemed to align with reality.

"Where is Ai?" Ye asked in a hushed tone.

Rin averted her gaze, and Jiro's eyes fell to the floor. Their reluctance to speak only amplified Ye's fear.

"She...she didn't make it," Rin managed to say, her voice trembling.
Ye's heart plummeted. Numbness enveloped him at the thought of Ai's passing. Disbelief, pain, and a crushing wave of grief overwhelmed him. He yearned to cry out, to somehow reverse this cruel reality, but he was paralyzed by sorrow.

"How? What happened?" he asked, his voice strained.

"She died giving birth to Kota," Rin revealed through tears. "I'm so sorry, Ye."

Confusion and shock clouded Ye's mind. The loss of his wife left him feeling utterly powerless, an unfamiliar and devastating sensation.

One Week Later

In Kagesato Village, Yuki Provence

Under the bright sun, they gathered in the dojo where Ai and Ye had grown up. Incense perfumed the air as they prepared to spread Ai's ashes. Ye felt Master Hanzo's hand on his shoulder, sharing a look of mutual sorrow; both had lost someone irreplaceable.

Rin stood by him, cradling Kota, while Kenta slept in his crib. Grief was evident in her eyes, mirroring Ye's own.

As the ceremony commenced, Ye allowed himself to weep for Ai. Memories of their time together flooded him, intensifying the sense of loss.

Post-ceremony, they remained in the dojo, reminiscing about Ai. Comfort came in sharing stories and keeping her memory alive.

As evening approached, they left the dojo, their path to Villa Ganzan stretching ahead, uncertain yet united.

Rin and Master Hanzo discussed the boys' future, and despite his grief, Ye found solace in Rin's maternal presence.

"I promise to raise Kenta and Kota as my own. They will be brothers in every sense," Rin declared.

"And I will assist in their training," added Master Hanzo. "Perhaps a dojo in Ganzan City would honor Ai's legacy."

Ye interjected, "That's a wonderful idea, Master Hanzo. And Rin, thank you for everything you're doing for my boys."

"We're in this together, Ye," Rin replied, her voice warm with compassion. "We'll raise them as a family."

Gratitude enveloped Ye. He felt fortunate to have Rin and Master Hanzo's unwavering support.

As they continued discussing, Ye's thoughts wandered to the future. He knew challenges awaited his sons, but they had a solid foundation of support.

Looking at Rin and Master Hanzo, hope flickered within him. Amidst the surrounding darkness, there was still light in the world, and he was resolute in safeguarding it at all costs.

0