66 – Road to Hanami
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Ye finished preparing for his trip, Jiro laid out the estimated value of all their properties and businesses before acquiring the Dragon's Claw estate. He presented the figures in simple terms, with precise numbers, so even a commoner could grasp them.

"The Sanmi Estate and land holdings in Kagesato are valued at approximately 2,500,000 Zen. Additional land in Yuki Province, outside of Kagesato, is around 1,200,000 Zen. Villa Ganzan comes in at about 1,800,000 Zen.
The land and villages in Tsuchi, including Asahimura, are roughly 1,500,000 Zen. Lastly, our businesses in agriculture in Yuki and sales in Ganzan City and the surrounding areas are about 1,000,000 Zen.
Adding up all these, the total estimated value of all assets owned by you and the Alliance of Heavenly Retribution, prior to acquiring the Dragon's Claw estate, is approximately 8,000,000 Zen."

Ye listened attentively as Jiro detailed the newfound wealth and total holdings of the Alliance after the addition of the Dragon's Claw estate.

"The Dragon's Claw Estate and associated property have a high estimated value of 3,500,000 Zen. Factoring in the Dragon's Claw estate and the synergy benefits, the new total value of all assets owned by Ye and the Alliance of Heavenly Retribution is around 13,000,000 Zen.”

The staggering new total value of the Alliance's assets, post-acquisition of the Dragon's Claw estate, left Ye astounded.

"To put it into perspective, Ye-sama, with 13,000,000 Zen, you could buy more than 1,300 luxurious villas like Villa Ganzan or 5,200 hectares of prime land in Yuki Province. You could pay the annual salary of 10,000 skilled laborers for a decade, or fund the construction of a large temple or castle, with enough left over for other ventures.
This sum could also establish a new university, or build a dozen state-of-the-art factories to boost our business production. Alternatively, a significant portion could be donated to charity or invested in the infrastructure of neighboring provinces."

Ye nodded, absorbing the enormity of their capabilities with these resources. The potential of what they could achieve with such wealth was both humbling and exhilarating.

Pride and accomplishment filled Ye as he reflected on what they had built - a testament to the hard work and dedication of everyone in the Alliance.

As Ye collected his belongings for his next mission, Sasha approached and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Don't leave me here all alone," she playfully pleaded, her lips pouting.

Ye chuckled and affectionately ruffled her hair. "You know I can't take you with me on this one. It's too dangerous."

She exaggerated her pout and batted her eyelashes. "But I promise to be good," she said, her voice dripping with sweetness.

Ye raised an eyebrow and gave Sasha a stern look. "If I catch you sneaking onto that ship, I'll give you a good spanking," he threatened, his tone remaining lighthearted.

Sasha giggled and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "I'll be good, I promise."

Smiling down at her, Ye returned the kiss and affectionately patted her head. "Take care of things while I'm gone, Sasha. I'll be back as soon as I can."

She nodded and stepped back, watching as Ye gathered the rest of his things and headed out the door.

As Ye was packing his things, getting ready for his next mission, Jiro approached him with a piece of parchment - his itinerary for the upcoming adventure.

Ye briefly glanced over it before tucking it into his satchel. "What's the mission this time?" he asked, looking up at Jiro.

"You're heading to the village of Hosigawa in the southern Hanami Province," Jiro answered. "You're going in search of Akiyama Nichi, the warlord known as the 'Ironclad General'. It's the next sub-task on your conqueror Fujinshu mission tree."

Understanding the gravity of the situation, Ye nodded. The Ironclad General was a formidable opponent, his reputation well-known. "I see," Ye acknowledged. "And who will be accompanying me on this mission?"

"You'll be traveling with three elite soldiers from the Alliance of Heavenly Retribution," Jiro informed him. "They're waiting for you outside."

"Very well," Ye said, slinging his satchel over his shoulder. "Let's go find them."

Jiro led Ye to the front of the villa, where a waiting wagon and three elite soldiers from the Alliance of Heavenly Retribution stood ready. Jiro introduced them one by one.

"This is Lieutenant Ryo," Jiro began, indicating a tall, stern-looking man. "An experienced swordsman who has led many successful campaigns."

Next, Jiro introduced a young woman with a confident posture. "This is Captain Saki," he said. "An expert archer known for her quick thinking in battle."

Lastly, Jiro introduced a muscular man with a friendly grin. "And this is Sergeant Kaito," he said. "A master of hand-to-hand combat, known for his fearlessness in battle."

Ye thanked each of them for accompanying him on this mission. Jiro then handed him a rolled-up parchment with the detailed itinerary.

"We'll be heading to the village of Nagareboshi first," Jiro explained. "Then, we'll head south to Hosigawa, where we'll search for Akiyama Nichi, also known as the 'Ironclad General'."

Ye nodded, processing the information. "Understood," he said, primed for the mission. "Let's get going."

The carriage jostled roughly, bouncing along the worn road, cramming Ye and his three companions inside. Ye gazed out the window, observing the peaceful countryside passing by, a stark contrast to the war gripping the land.

Saki cleared her throat and began,
"The village of Hosigawa has been under Akiyama Nichi's brutal rule for years. The villagers are impoverished, burdened with high taxes, and Akiyama conscripts every young man into his army. He forces them to work in his mines, funneling all profits to his stronghold."

"That's despicable," Ye remarked, his jaw tightening. "What are the villagers doing about it?"

"They're helpless, Master Ye," Ryo interjected from across the carriage. "Akiyama's forces are overwhelming. They lack weapons and training. They depend on hired swords like us for protection."

Ye nodded, "I understand. We'll assist them in any way we can."

Ryo leaned in, "We must tread carefully, though. This is far outside Alliance territory. We're entering as common mercenaries."

"I'm aware. We'll need to be cautious and blend in with the locals."

Saki added, "We've prepared suitable attire and will provide you with the necessary supplies for your cover."

"Good work, Saki," Ye acknowledged with a nod of approval.

As the carriage continued, Ye couldn't escape a feeling of unease. The mission was perilous, but he was resolute in bringing justice to Hosigawa and ending Akiyama's tyranny.

The journey through Hanami province was lightened by moments of high spirits. They joked, laughed, and even sang songs, a welcome respite from their weighty responsibilities. However, their light-heartedness was abruptly disrupted by a loud noise, startling everyone and halting the carriage.

“What the hell was that?” Ryo questioned, visibly shaken.

“I don’t know,” Saki replied, surveying the surroundings.

Ye's heart raced, sensing an immense power level just outside. Abruptly, the sky darkened, and thunderous sounds filled the air, causing the ground to tremble.

Before anyone could react, a bolt of lightning struck near the carriage, kicking up a cloud of dust and startling everyone.

“Everyone stay calm,” Ye commanded, striving to maintain a steady voice. “Saki, Ryo, check outside and see what’s happening.”

They nodded and cautiously exited the carriage. As they scanned the dark, the tension in their bodies was palpable. Suddenly, they turned back towards Ye, their expressions grave.

“Boss,” Ryo said. “We’ve got trouble.”

0