67 – Guardian of the Netherworld
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they traveled towards Hoshigawa, their carriage came to an abrupt halt, and a tense atmosphere enveloped them. Ye sensed a powerful aura approaching, his instincts immediately signaling that it was not a friendly presence.

His hand instinctively moved to his sword, and he quietly alerted his companions to be on high alert. Suddenly, a booming voice from outside the carriage caused the horses to whinny in fear.

"Who goes there?" the voice demanded.

As the carriage door swung open, they were confronted by the imposing figure of the Netherworld Guardian. He stood tall and intimidating, his piercing gaze like a sharp sword.

The Netherworld Guardian seemed uninterested in listening to Ye's explanation.

"I know why you're here," he growled, his suspicious eyes fixed on them. "You're here to steal from the entrance to the Netherworld!"

Ye raised his hands in a calming gesture.

"No, that's not why we're here," he replied calmly. "We're just passing through on our way to Hosigawa."

But the Guardian was unconvinced.

"I don't believe you," he stated, stepping closer to the carriage. "I've seen your kind before. Always looking to take something that doesn't belong to you."

The Netherworld Guardian was an imposing presence, nearly ten feet tall, with skin as dark as the abyss and glowing, otherworldly eyes. His hair was a mass of dark curls, and he wore a tattered cloak that whipped in the wind. He wielded a staff of blackened wood, crackling with ominous energy.

The storm intensified as the guardian approached. Lightning flashed, thunder boomed, and the earth seemed to shake. The howling wind and sheeting rain obscured their vision.

The guardian's voice, deep and rumbling, carried a fierce intensity. "You will not pass! You are here to steal from the Netherworld, and I will not allow it!"

Ye felt the weight of the guardian's words bearing down on them. This was no ordinary adversary, and diplomacy was crucial.

Yet as Ye opened his mouth to respond, the guardian raised his staff, the air crackling with dark energy. It was clear he was prepared to use force to keep them away from the Netherworld entrance.

The tension among Ye's companions escalated. Quick action was necessary to avoid a confrontation, but the storm and the guardian's formidable power made it a daunting task.

Standing before the Netherworld Guardian, Ye sensed his power level was over 800. The situation was dire, with his companions clearly outmatched.

Ye realized the foe they faced was too formidable for his companions. It seemed time to employ his Celestial Ivory Ascendant Form.

"I need you all to hold back," he instructed his allies, intent on keeping them out of harm's way.

"What are you talking about?" Captain Saki protested. "We can handle this together."

"Yeah, we didn't come all this way just to sit back," added Sergeant Kaito.

Ye sighed, understanding that they wouldn't heed his warning without a solid reason.

"Listen, this opponent is extraordinary. His power level is off the charts, and he won't hesitate in attacking us," Ye explained.

"But we can't just leave you to fight alone," Lieutenant Ryo interjected, his face marked with concern.

Ye paused, contemplating a drastic measure. He then channeled his energy, releasing a small but potent burst of power for his allies to sense.

The display visibly shook them. "What was that?" Saki asked, her eyes wide.

"That was a glimpse of my power level," Ye replied firmly. "You can see it's not safe for you to engage the Guardian. Please trust me on this."

After a moment's hesitation, they reluctantly agreed to stand back and let Ye handle the situation. Ye, feeling the weight of the upcoming battle, prepared himself, hoping his Celestial Ivory Ascendant Form would suffice to defeat the Guardian, yet mindful of the potential repercussions.

Recalling the last time he used it, which resulted in a months-long coma, Ye understood the stakes. But the safety of his companions was paramount.

He took a deep breath and released an energy burst that caused the air to ripple. Ryo, Saki, and Kaito recoiled in surprise, their shock evident as they felt the full extent of his power.

"I've faced foes like this before. You're not ready for this level of danger. Let me handle this," Ye insisted.

Ryo stepped forward, a stubborn look on his face. "Respectfully, sir, we can't just do nothing. We're here to protect you and complete the mission. Let us help."

Saki and Kaito echoed this sentiment with determined expressions.

Ye shook his head. "Your loyalty is appreciated, but you don't grasp the risks involved. This is beyond your capabilities. Trust me and stand back."

A tense silence followed as his companions exchanged uncertain glances. Doubt was evident in their eyes, but Ye knew he couldn't let them risk their lives needlessly.

Suddenly, a surge of power emanated from the Guardian's direction, intensifying the storm around them. Thunder boomed, shaking the ground.

Without hesitation, Ye activated his Celestial Ivory Ascendant Form, feeling the familiar rush of energy transforming his body. Aware of the risks, he resolved to use the Form for no more than five seconds, hoping it would be enough to defeat the Guardian.

"Stay back," he warned his companions before charging at the Guardian.

As he summoned the power within, the storm escalated. Winds howled, and lightning illuminated the sky. Ye opened his eyes, allowing the Celestial Ivory Ascendant Form to take over, his body radiating a brilliant light, strength surging within him.

The Guardian stared, taken aback by Ye's sudden transformation.

Ye launched himself forward, engaging in a fierce battle. He felt his body struggle against the Form's immense power.

Could he defeat the Guardian in just five seconds? And could his body withstand the Celestial Ivory Ascendant Form's might? The future hung in the balance, and only time to reveal the outcome.

0