Chapter 4: Executioner
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat in a chair, with Princess Alice seated across from me. She continued to pout whenever I turned to look at her. I sighed and said, "Princess Alice, please, I need to understand what happened to your entourage. Please cooperate."

My headache intensified as she remained silent, glaring at me. I couldn't help but think, 'Why do I have to deal with this brat?'

I gazed out of the window at the sky, pondering for a moment. 'If she's not willing to cooperate, the best course of action would be to send her back to the palace, where she will be safe, and I won't have to deal with her.' With my mind made up, I fixed her with a firm gaze and declared, "I will send a letter to the Palace to come pick you up."

Upon hearing this, a tumultuous mix of emotions swept over her, settling on fear. She abruptly stood up from her chair and pleaded, "Please, Baron, don't send me back! I don't want to marry that brute son of the duke!"

I could see the desperation in her eyes, and something weighed heavily on her mind, making her tremble in fear. But I had to remain resolute. "Princess Alice, I cannot keep you safe here, and matters of the palace are not something I interfere in. I'll contact your family; they will arrive soon."

Tears flowed from her eyes like a waterfall, and an aura of sadness enveloped her, creating a fearful atmosphere. I recognized it immediately; this was the power of Aqua that the Royal family possessed. I stepped back even before the aura consumed me. It was one of the deadliest abilities the Royal family had, and it was clear that the princess couldn't control her powers yet.

I shouted at her, "Princess! Please control your emotions; your magic is running rampant!" Hearing my words, she seemed to understand the predicament she had put herself in. She wiped her eyes and said, "Please, Lord Baron... Don't send me back." Her pleading voice, her tear-stained eyes, and her beauty pulled me in. 'It seems she is right; why should she marry someone she doesn't want to?' I thought.

As my thoughts raced, my body began to heat up, and I felt sweat forming. My heart raced faster than ever. But I managed to regain my composure, looking at her with horror. She had successfully charmed me, and I backed away. Even she didn't seem to realize she had cast a spell, as her expression remained unchanged.

I let out a sigh of relief, grateful that she couldn't control her powers yet. If she had full control, I might have been her pawn by now. "Princess, please stay here. I will go send a letter to the Royal family." I hastily exited the building to prevent any further mishaps. Inside my office, I quickly penned a letter for the Royal family.

As I wrote, I could hear faint footsteps approaching. Soon, they grew louder, and the gate slammed open. Butler Sebs rushed in, his face uneasy and his body trembling. "Lord, the Royal family's Executioner has arrived. She is waiting for you."

A chill ran down my spine at the word "Executioner." My energy drained as I slumped into a chair, repeating the words that struck fear into everyone in the kingdom, "Executioner? Which one?"

Sebs answered, "Lord, Flashing Thunder." Now something felt lodged in my throat, and I swallowed hard. Memories flooded back to the day I had met the five executioners at the Emperor's wedding. Among them, the most distinctive was the woman with platinum golden hair, sapphire eyes with a light green sheen, and lean curves. She stood emotionless, wielding a rapier crackling with the power of lightning. Yellow streaks of lightning emanated from her, and her speed was unfathomable. She was an enigmatic, charming, yet powerful warrior and the most ruthless among the executioners.

I sighed, stood up, and made my way to the living room in the manor. I sensed a powerful magical aura surrounding the room, different from Alice's. As I entered, my body jolted, and I jerked slightly. It settled down only to worsen as I felt a constriction in my body.

Flashing Thunder sat idly on a sofa, watching the clouds outside the window. She heard me approach and turned towards me. Out of sheer respect and the knowledge that she could easily overpower a noble like me, I ended up bowing before her.

"Miss Thunder, what brings you here? Are you here to take the princess back? If you wish, I can call her here immediately," I blurted out, feeling immense pressure from her. She remained stoic, only standing up and slowly walking towards me. She gazed up, locking her eyes with mine, and said, "What happened to the soldiers and the princess?"

Fear gripped me, and I took a step back as I answered, "Miss, I saw a huge blast of magic from the manor. I rushed to help after seeing the Royal family's banner fall. When I arrived, all of the guards were dead, and the princess was hiding in the carriage. I managed to kill a few assassins before they ran away."

After hearing my story, she observed my eyes keenly. I didn't understand why she was scrutinizing them so closely. Then, she slowly backed away and said, "I will leave with the princess, and an investigation will be held soon. I hope you will help us with that."

I nodded enthusiastically, "Absolutely." She then moved past me towards where Princess Alice was located, not bothering to ask for my permission. I remained silent, knowing it was wiser not to provoke her.

Soon she returned with a teary-eyed Alice and said, "Thank you, Baron. I will put in a good word for you with the Emperor." Flashing Thunder said her farewell, and I stood outside, bidding her and the princess goodbye.

As they left, I let out a sigh of relief, grateful that she was only here for the princess. Now I could finally focus on my goals without any disturbances. I cherished the peace and quiet of my territory.

0