Chapter 40
198 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aria tossed in her bed in another vague and futile attempt to ignore the demands from her mobile. Astra's breathe pooled across her neck, tantalizing her in ways she thought impossible. Her earlobes were a mess of sensitive tissues, ripened to perfection due to Astra's sleepy ministrations. There are benefits, subtle and undeniable, to being a small spoon. At moments, deep in slumber, when Astra draped an arm over her, drew her closer, or even nuzzled her shoulder, goosebumps bristled on her skin. Those small tingling sensations made the contact so real, so arousing, and realise the tenderness laced in them.

Even after six months, there had been no discussion between them of moving from their comfortable sleeping arrangements. She cherished the gift, to fall asleep in the warmth of Astra's embrace and the safety and acceptance with which her wife held her.

Then, the mobile beeped, an angry vibration breaking the blissful spell.

Aria wiggled her back, pushing further into Astra's hips and the treasured triangular spot guarded by her clenched thighs. The movement brought them together, connected in more than one way. Astra gave an involuntary sigh, almost a pleasured whine, at the closeness.

The intruding noise, too small by standard definitions, yet long enough to break their private moment, came from Aria's mobile. Considering the fact that it was a Sunday, and the dawn was yet to greet, Aria liberated herself from the inviting hold and looked at the message. It was from Aileen.

"Travis is in nearby and plans to drop by your place. He has already reserved a brunch table for three, with plans to catch you off-guard."

Every nerve cell of Aria went into alert mode. All drowsiness dissipated at the clear and present threat to Astra. She quickly scrolled through her mobile seeking events nearby, a sliver of chance at plausible deniability, one she could present as a valid reason to Travis for their absence.

There was an ecclesiastic music festival somewhere in the city. A hard pass. Travis could insist on visiting them there. Same argument went for a wine festival in the town nearby. She scoured through more events nearby. Aria even found a ceramic and pottery festival. But none that would keep tireless Travis away. She sought the one event that can legally and official deny entry to Travis, and eventually settled on the local Dyke March.

"Astra, wake up." Aria nudged the sleeping form with her fingertips. She waited for an acknowledgement, waited for some sign that Astra would wake. Nothing. She, then, gently placed her palm on Astra's bare shoulders.

A smile curled up Astra's lips.

Aria playfully tossed the comforters at Astra. "You cheat. You pretended to sleep."

"Sorry, Love, but you can't blame me for craving your touch."

"Anyway, get ready, we are attending Dyke March today."

"Dyke March? But Love, I thought you hated showcasing your sexuality."

Astra was correct in her conclusion. Deep down, Aria knew the risks, but those concerns became superficial before the threat to Astra. To protect Astra meant allowing herself to reveal her own true self, at least to a limited event. The consequences, if any, she could accept, willingly.

And so, an hour later, Aria and Astra left their apartment, hand in hand. Both wore identical smiles and a light spring in their steps.


With an exuberant gait, Aria walked into the premise, fingers tightly interlaced with Astra's. Wearing plaided green and black flannel shirts with matching boots and hair ties, the two of them strolled along the concrete path. She felt herself soaring high. After all, she was walking hand in hand with someone who held her heart.

They reached the registration desk, which turned out to be just a front to pick badges of their choice, from traditional rainbow to orange-white-pink lesbianism and the pink-blue-white of transinclusivity. Only an unseen hand of restraint prevented Aria from grabbing the lesbian badge. She, instead, went for the demisexual badge, a sharp and very contrasting black and white with a strong stripe of purple running across. A choice very appropriate, Aria thought, almost resonating with what she felt for Astra.

The two walked through the sea of flannels, denims and leather jackets, into the enclosed premise marking the beginning and end of the rally. Shouts and slogans with themes such as 'I am more' and 'Be proud' generously spilled around. Loosing herself to the moment, Aria slid her arms around Astra's waist, tugging the Vajran closer. After all, this was supposed to be a safe space for both of them.

An athletic girl proclaiming her roller derby team allegiance darted past Aria and nearly knocked her. Just pure on instinct, Astra leaned forward and caught Aria by her hips, stopping the fall and shielding Aria from harm. A surge of lust gripped Aria.

"Sweet Aria, do you, perhaps, require a moment of respite? We could rest here," suggested Astra in a low whisper. She, then led Aria towards a free spot in the shade of a marquee. Astra plopped down, long legs extended. Then, she commanded. "Sit on my lap."

The will to resist that tone failed Aria. The tone sent shivers through her body. Aria moved closer. Slowly, fighting an uphill battle with trepidation, she lowered.

Too many people. She was not well-prepared for a public display of their affection, but Astra's charm could not be denied.

Eventually, Aria sat. Placing her hands on Astra's thigh, she rested her head on Astra's chest. Their hearts raced in tandem, faster than ever before. She could smell the out-of-this-world scent emanating from Astra. Soon, one palm of Astra rested on her lower abdomen, sending shivers through her frame.

Noises from the outside began to subside as the rally commenced, but neither had any interest of breaking their shared comfort. Besides, staying inside meant a barrier from Travis.

Assured of Astra's safety, Aria inhaled deeply, the distinct and yet familiar scent of Astra. With every inhalation, she relaxed a little bit more. The fear ebbed away, leaving behind the pleasure of simply being close to Astra. Her tall companion, too, was addicted to a similar sensation as Astra breathed deeply, holding in Aria's breath for a few seconds. Their chests began to heave. The sensations so intense that Aria squirmed slightly. She was burning hot, hotter than usual, but Astra maintained her composure, of holding her breath for several seconds and finally exhaling slowly.

"Astra," said Aria struggling with her inner arousal. "I think my legs have gone numb."

"Here." Astra settled Aria beside and then took her foot in her palms. She undid the laces of her boots with the utmost care.

Slowly, slowly, Astra pushed the boots off, revealing bare feet of fine arches and pink toes. The warmth from Astra's body stirred Aria's senses once again. Her dainty feet, almost made for Astra's palms, fitted snugly, making her wish that Astra to take off her jeans too. Tenderly, oh-so-tenderly, Astra leaned and planted a gentle kiss on her ankle.

The resulting whimper that escaped from Aria made a few mothers cover their children's ears. With the most of the participants having left with the march, only queer couples with young children remained in the premise. Suppressing her gush, Aria could only muster a weak apology.

"Hello, my name is Sabine," introduced a woman of mid-thirties with hair tied in a practical ponytail.

"I am... we are sorry," said Aria, eyes fixed on the ground from her shame.

"Oh no, please don't apologise. It is a very... natural response to your condition," said Sabine. "Difficult, isn't it? The first few weeks? Anyway, why don't you step inside, we have space reserved for couples with situations like yours."

"Like ours?" asked Aria.

"Please, we have all been through this. My wife Hilda was tensed for the whole period, totally attentive, like your wife over here."

Aria did not feel the need to counter Sabine. Not because the woman had an amicable personality, but even if it were only temporary, and within the enclosed space, she felt the surge of exhilaration forcing her tongue-tied at being called Astra's wife.

"Oh, don't be shy. All of us here have been through this." Sabine cooed. "First trimester, is it?"

"What?" Aria eyes bulged in their sockets, but Astra stiffened with a mysterious and mad smirk.

"That's why you both avoided the march. Those stolen attempts at massaging your heels." Sabine's gaze travelled towards Aria's belly. "You are not yet there, and she is already practising. You have a really fine keeper, but you don't need me to tell you that."

"I am ... not pregnant," said Aria, but her last part was cut by Astra's words.

"Yes. Reverse in-vitro is what we went for," said Astra in an uncontested mirth.

"Ah, so your bun but her oven." Sabine winked at them both and then turned to Aria with genuine concern in her eyes. "Though, I fear, especially considering her stature, a natural birth would be difficult on you."

"Eh... what? Come again." Then, a few seconds later, Aria's vagina clenched tight at the realisation of Sabine's implication.

Sabine cocked her head at the reaction of Aria, then her face turned apologetic. "I am so sorry. I don't want to be that woman. It was never my intention to spoil your mood. Please, I am sorry."

Not sure how to respond, Aria shrugged and turned back to glare at Astra.

"Anyway, I will let you enjoy your family moment. But if she feels dizzy, do bring her there." Sabine pointed at a distant tent and turned to leave, but not before giving another wink at them both.

"What was that about?" Aria glared chilly, icicle daggers at Astra.

"Look mommy, a princess," screamed a little girl in a Disney ice princess costume.

"No, silly, that is a superhero," corrected a boy with identical features.

Astra's gaze darted like trapped swallows from her very angry wife to the children. Deciding on settling for the lesser of the two evils, she scuttled towards the children.

"Actually, I am a princess who is a superhero, or a superhero who is a princess," said Astra. "I mean, I am both."

"Like Shera," said another girl, a tad smaller than the other two children but still made an audacious fashion statement, by being a pink Vader in a tutu.

"I am bigger than puny Shera," said Astra, swelling her chest in faked importance.

"But, if you are a princess, where is your castle? All princesses have huge, beautiful castles," asked another girl, with hair like golden hay held in twin tails.

"I don't have a single castle. I have multiple castles, and..." Astra paused, scrutinising their tiny awe-inspired faces before breaking the news. "I have many flying ships."

"Like a real ship that flies?" asked the boy with mouth wide agape. "How high can they fly?"

"Like all the way to outer space, new planets and beyond."

"But the fact remains," said Aria with contorted mirth, "Everyone knows that all real princesses can sing and whey they sing birds flock to them."

At Aria's words, each of the adorable children gathered with their irresistible pleading voices demanded Astra to sing. And Astra did sing.

The sweet voice filling the enclosed space, luring a tiny crowd of listeners to follow her melody from small details to imaginary worlds -- atleast that is what Astra would have liked to think. But Astra singing was more akin to someone on a low-budget airline ticket to Ireland, and had captured all the banshees in a bottle and set them loose. Even the screamo dude in a metal band would have begged for a pair of earbuds.

But they did arrive in flocks to Astra's beckoning. All flying drones and small quadcopters. Finally, with a wave of hand, Astra dismissed the electronic flying gadgets.

Aria was certain of Sidra's hand in it. Or rather, in the A.I.'s case, a module in it.

"Those are not real birds," complained the girl in ice princess costume.

"But this is so cool, much awesome," said the boy.

"The real birds must feed their babies. You don't want baby birds to go hungry, do you?" Astra cooed.

After five seconds of silence spent in honour of every nestling, the children unanimously decided that feeding baby birds was important.

"But do you have a magical sword?" asked pink tutu Vader.

"What about your cape? Every superhero needs a cape," said the boy.

And a skintight outfit to highlight every curve and contour. Aria smirked.

Tiny hands clumsily weaved through Astra velvety strands, growing bolder with every second. The girl, with twin tails, continued to stroke Astra's long hair. Then, the ice princess girl joined.

"We should invite her to our place," suggested pink tutu Vader. Their place turned out to be a makeshift playpen, with more energy bundles, and two face make-up artists meticulously doing what they did best.

A wicked plan seethed inside Aria. "You should invite her and get her all prim and dolled up. Won't you do that for a pretty princess?"

Before Astra could protest, small hands with the pitter-patter of tiny feet to go with, dragged her toward the playpen.

Glittery combs, studded with faux-diamonds, and held by childish hands, laced through Astra's flowing locks. Each girl took a strand of the Vajran's silken hair, and twisted in what they felt would amount to an end result called a braid.

"I thank you all for the nice effort, but I am sure my hair is great as it is," said Astra.

In response, the three four-year-olds screamed and insisted on braiding the hair of their very special guest. Astra gave in, and let their little fingers indulge in their own stylistic preferences.

Aria allowed herself a small grin.

"How about I knight all you young ladies, and we give my hair some rest?" said Astra, catching Aria's expression.

"No," said pink tutu Vader.

"You know, if you beg, I might be tempted to help you out of the predicament," said Aria.

The look Astra gave conveyed the silent plea without a shadow of doubt.

With a mischievous smirk, Aria grabbed face paint and glitter from one of the make-up artist, and passed it to the girls. "You know, I think the princess's face also needs a bit of touch up."

The eager girls, sensing an opportunity, abandoned Astra's hair, and started playing with the colours.

"Can I paint her eyelids too?" asked twin tails.

"Sure," answered Aria. Then, with a peal of laughter, much to Astra's chagrin, added, "But make it extraordinary, because, that is how princesses are."

"Extraordinary?" repeated the girl.

"Yeah, like colours that you do not see on normal girl's eyelids, like bright orange."

Astra grumbled.

"Also magenta," added Aria, far too lost in enjoying herself.

"Magenta?" asked ice princess girl.

"It is a very bright pink," volunteered Aria, and passed a fuchsia paint.

The boy, the only one left out from the make-up committee, asked Aria. "So, are you like her superhero sidekick?"

The question consolidated Aria to hate boys on general principle, irrespective of their age.

"Can I paint her lips too?" asked pink tutu Vader.

"No," said Astra.

"Oh yes," said Aria. "The princess is very shy. You need to encourage her."

"Encourage?" The little girl in a pink Vader costume spelled the word, clumsily.

"Yes, it means to say nice things to make them feel better. Like when you say 'you are pretty' to an ugly girl."

"But she isn't ugly," said twin tails girl.

"It is an example. Now say some nice things to her."

"You are really pretty, and beautiful and super cute," said the wannabe stylist fashionista Vader. "Now make uhhh with your mouth. I paint your lips."

"Yes, Astra. You should trust her. What could go wrong? I mean, she is a pink darth-vader in a tutu."

"Love, do you enjoy placing me in tormenting situations?" asked Astra.

"Oh no. I only want to see the parenting ability of my wife." Aria winked. "You know, for our future kids and all, Princess Astra." Then Aria let her palms, run in a circle around her belly, suggestively.

"Oh my god, did you say, kids? You are having twins," shouted Sabine from behind.

Aria realised that she dug her own grave.

A knowing gaze passed between Astra and Aria, which Sabine ignored and continued. "It's all the injected hormones, isn't it? Happened to the most of us."

"Yes, our doubly multiplied joy," clarified Astra.

Aria tried to pull away from Sabine and began searching for a retreat. She shot Astra a glare, and the Vajran knew that she would be hearing about it later.

"Does it mean the princess will have a baby?" asked the ice princess girl.

"No." Aria spoke between clenched teeth, in a struggling effort to not bite her tongue. "But her supposed wife carrying her supposed babies."

"Okay. I see it. It's the mood-shift," said Sabine, self-appointed big-sister mode activating. Turning to Astra, she continued, "Her hormones are all over the place, you need to keep her calm."

Hearing those words, Aria grinned. A very, very wicked grin. "Yes, if I am being irrational today, it is not my fault. Also, I want you to wear your socks on your hands, like gloves."

"That's ridiculous," replied Astra.

"Come one, just indulge her," coaxed Sabine. "After all, it is fairly harmless. Nothing like what I put through my Hilda, asking her to join me in a hearty breakfast of pickled cucumber with Nutella."

Astra immediately decided that socks on hands are a very, very reasonable request.

Aria's mobile beeped. Averting her gaze from Astra for a moment, she composed a short message to Travis, denying his invitation with an excuse of attending Dyke March. When she raised her head again, she found Astra with an apologetic look and with unapologetic socks on her hands.

For the next hour, the future stylist fashionistas occupied themselves, colouring Astra's nose, cheeks, chin and even forehead, the shades getting psychedelic with every layer. By the time the girls were finished, Astra went from being a princess to a queen, the only drag-queen in the Dyke March.

Aria burst laughing. "Astra, did you really command a spaceship?"

"Love, you might see it as incongruous, but controlling children is a lot more difficult than commanding a spaceship crew made of various species."

"I suppose, disciplining will fall on me, if we ever have kids."

"Do you want to?" asked Astra, trepidation and anticipation laced in equal measure.

No. It is a simple word. Aria should have been able to utter it, but one look at Astra's brilliant orbs, alternating between hopefulness and despair, and the vulnerability it carried made it impossible to lie.

"Perhaps, had the situations been different." Aria expected Astra to challenge, prod or demand more explanations.

Instead, the Vajran moved closer, and wrapped her arms around Aria, pulling her into a warm embrace. Only consideration and understanding remained in her gesture.


Aria opened her eyes to find herself in front of a polished window pane, on the top floor of the highest skyscraper. Beneath her sprawled the creeping vine like structures of the city, in a bid to race the splendour of her own tower... and failed.

Then, the information from VBrane world flowed. The current fantasy thrust Aria into the role of a CEO for a mega-conglomerate, a fourth of the city below bound to her will, either directly or indirectly.

A nice fantasy, Aria smirked.

Pushing imaginary lint from the lapels of her exorbitantly expensive suit, the cost alone worth a Maserati quattroporte, she entered her private elevator and descended to the underground where her very private stretch limousine, flanked by four of her armed security, stood. Dropping herself on the plush interior, she pressed the intercom switch and instructed her chauffeur towards 'The Silken Petals.'

As if expecting the routine, the chauffeur gave an acknowledgment and drove.

Aria clip-clopped through the doors of the 'The Silken Petals', power resounding with ever clack of her heels. She ignored the lush red carpets, the velvet curtains and the golden door frameworks. Such a petty display of extravagance meant nothing to her, besides they all paled before the one she would hire, the one who would entertain her for the night.

"Madam Wrede," said the girl at the reception, filled in all the correct ways and proportions.

"My usual. Where is she?" Aria rasped.

"Eh, I will call the Proprietor. He would be pleased to personally lead you."

"I am not here for him. I am here for the 'Goddess of the Stars', the fame of your fine establishment." Aria's irritation grew with every passing moment.

"Ah, you grace us with your presence, Miss Wrede." The proprietor of the finest privacy club rushed from a side door. For Aria, he was no more than a glorified pimp in a finely tailored suit and with a dashing of charm for entrepreneurship.

"One full night with the 'Goddess of the Stars'. No disturbing till the afternoon of tomorrow, and the whole floor of your finest leisure suites, please."

"Miss Wrede, this might be a bit difficult. Another client has availed her services, this very moment."

"Another client?" Aria's nostrils flared.

"He was very insistent and came with the mayor."

"He?" Aria's eyes twitched in anger. Even in a simulated world, the rage was very raw and primal.

"I simply could not..."

Aria held a single finger, silencing the man. "What is the price of this establishment?"

"Surely, you must be joking, Miss Wrede."

"Name your price?" Aria hissed. "I will offer a fifty percent on top of whatever number you pull. Deal."

"We have a deal, Miss Wrede." The man held his hands out for Aria.

Instead, Aria signalled one of her security person, and soon, the former-proprietor was thrown out of 'The Silken Petals'.

"Now, remove that other man, from my Astra," ordered Aria.

When Aria entered the private suite, she found Astra dressed salaciously to make a dominatrix blush. Clad in gossamer thin fabrics, exposing a generous measure of her creamy white skin, while all her interesting charms still subtly hidden, and the tassels at the edges only added further to the carnal appeal of Astra.

The sight stirred all senses of Aria. Astra looked like a fertility goddess descended from heaves, crowned with two waves of dark parted hair and piercing amaranthine eyes.

Astra took a small step towards Aria. Her invitation flowed in the gesture. "Welcome back, Miss Wrede. Your presence is charming and audacious as ever."

Aria slowly sauntered, eyes wantonly drinking in the delectable sight before her. She could really get used to it. She so wanted it to be real.

"Miss Wrede, you seemed far more intense than your usual self today," said Astra.

"Have you sanitized yourself properly?" asked Aria with a hardened edge of steel to her tone.

"I am hired to provide companionship in whatever form needed, Miss Wrede," answered Astra. Polite, patient and composed. "It is unlike me to ignore such basic requirements."

Aria's gaze pinned Astra to where she stood. "Don't play coy. I could undo you on a whim."

"You sure have the power, Miss Wrede." Astra met Aria's gaze and held. "For all your power, my heart still remains free."

At Astra's defiance, a flicker of desire passed through Aria. Her nipples hardened. As much as Aria hated to admit it, but her Astra was irresistible. Even in simulation, the allure and appeal of Astra was intoxicating.

In a deliberate and imperious stride, Aria closed the distance between them. Holding Astra's chin between her thumb and forefinger, Aria pulled her closer with authority.

A very clear and very fresh gash ran from her shoulder across the side of Astra's neck.

"Who did this?"

"I am meant to provide any form of companionship," said Astra, voice subdued and resigned. "And the previous client had some very specific preferences."

Aria pushed the button of the intercom. Calling her security, she roared. "Bring me that guy we just threw out. Now." Aria found Astra's palm on her wrist, prying her hands from the intercom.

"What good will that do, Miss Wrede? It will not heal from what has been permanently marred."

Instinctively, Aria licked Astra along the cut. Her tongue traced a soothing line, languid in its appreciation of all of Astra. It ended with a kiss on Astra's sculpted jawline.

"No part of you is marred or imperfect," said Aria.

Astra's eyes flashed with a new passion, genuine, raw and untainted. Even Aria could smell the scent of her arousal, an intoxicating and tantalising smell, that drove Aria further into the depths of carnal vulnerability.

Aria's hands rummaged through the delicate fabric of Astra's dress, seeking the creamy soft skin on the hardened globes, their feel, both divine and depraved.

Then, Astra descended upon Aria, lips capturing hers, tongue plundering her cavernous mouth.

Like every high-profile escort, Astra reserved one act away from her clientele. In all their supposed time, the Goddess of the Stars, never kissed Aria on her lips. Never allowed Aria to claim her lips. Now Astra willingly gave what Aria begged for long, ached for long.

Astra's tongue slipped further into Aria's mouth and stroked all the forbidden places within.

Aria responded with her own passion. A fiery friction of tongues dancing, both fighting to dominate and pleasure the other.

Finally, Astra broke frenzied contact between eager lips.

"Aria, please."

Aria. Not Miss Wrede. The very notion made Aria heady and ecstatic.

"Aria, would you let me do it. You have always pleasured me, made me reach the pinnacle, multiple times, but this time, I want to return the favour, please."

The breathy please offered a mix of excitement and eroticism. Those words sparked all embers of lust burning deep within Aria's belly. Her nipples demanded release from the confinement of the bra and the expensive silken shirt and suit. They craved the touch of the one before her. Her breathing became shallow and fast. But Astra's own arousal was too overwhelming. The wetness between her legs, now trailing a fine line along her thighs, was a potent ambrosial nectar, sweet and tempting.

"But, I am burning," said Aria. "Your scent, that wetness, it is too much. Please, Astra. I need to taste you down now. I can't hold any more."

Aria's attempt to pry over Astra's thighs met stubborn resistance.

"Aria," pleaded Astra. "This is no longer a professional relationship for me. Can you not see? This, between us, as lovers. I don't want to be your expensive companion for the night, any more. I want to love you, genuinely, without holding back."

"And I love you too, Astra" admitted Aria, finally. "More than I ever dare to confess in the outside world."

With a jerk, Aria woke up, in the middle of the night and safely embraced in the accepting hold of Astra.

15