(Volume 2) 25: Despair (7)
84 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bang!!

Akka was concentrating in the area all around her as her arrows didn't stop flying towards its targets. Until she heard a soft bang, amidst the roars and cries of all sorts of creatures, the faint noise barely could be heard. If it wasn't that the turbulence was close to her, then she wouldn't have heard it.

Sigh!

A sigh escaped her lips because she knows what that noise represents. Tilting her head sideways, sure enough, she can see the body of Van lying on the ground. Pretty much she expected this to happen, so she wasn't too much, surprised.

"I really should've had a debt to you in the previous life." Said Akka in a low chuckle as she arrived close to Van. She grabbed him and put him on her shoulder, just like the first time that they met.

"Why do I feel like I've done this before?"

With Van on her shoulder, she put her thoughts on her back of her mind and used speed and sneak skill to pass all sorts of creatures that were burning. She has no idea where to go, but she can only once again turn towards the darkness as the fire that she created leads the monsters away from them.

Akka took to the air this time as she shot towards the darkness.

The devil's energy did not obstruct Akka's aura too much, and in the blink of an eye, she has already traversed beyond the fire. And at this time, another roar rang out in this dark world.

This time, the roar sounded powerful and did not sound like it was very far away. In fact, Akka heard it as if it was right next to her ear. She came to a sudden stop as all of the blood in her body froze at the sound of that roar. She focused on the path in front of her, and under the red light that was radiating from behind her, she could see a blurry black silhouette lurking in the darkness in front of her.

This silhouette was at least tens of meters tall, and it was clearly a living creature as Akka could see it move. But what caused Akka to be alarmed was not its size, it was the unmistakable aura of danger that it was radiating.

She had always thought that the higher level monsters were already gone. After all, there is a limit of how much higher level monsters the inheritance sites and the dungeons can sustain.

But the giant monster in front of her, of which she could still only see the silhouette of, actually made her feel a sense of danger. That can only mean that the monster in front of her is a higher level.

Akka was left in an indescribable state of shock but suddenly realizing that two gloomy black lights had appeared on the upper portion of the giant monster. To Akka's shock, the black light shot towards the place where she was hovering a moment ago.

ROARRRRR!!!!

An explosive roar caused the entire dark world to tremble as the huge black silhouette rushed towards Akka as it roared. It was as if a mountain was hurtling down at her from above.

A heavy feeling of suppression pressed down on Akka from above, and this was the first time she had truly felt this 'feeling of suppression' after entering this world of darkness. She couldn't believe it that how can this monster still has the ability to suppress others when the devil's energy obviously doesn't allow that.

Throwing her thoughts to the back of her mind, Akka activated her movement skill technique to flash to the back.

Boom!!!

The explosion shook the heavens, and the pitch-black earth surface cracked crazily. Using the red light that was coming from behind her, Akka, who had deliberately gotten closer, could finally see the true appearance of this huge shadow.

It was eighty-five meters tall, it's head was extremely wide, and it looked like a combination between a jackal and a lion. Its four limbs were thick and powerful, and its fangs gleamed with a cold light as a blade would. The pitch-black tail was wagging behind, and the tip of the tail shone with a hellish light that would send fear to anyone who sees it.

Just what was this thing?

Akka didn't have time to think too much as the noise and the red light of the two explosions were far too glaring in this world of darkness. So it was too great a stimulus for the beast who was used to the darkness. After it has missed her completely its huge body slammed towards her once again. Its body was huge, but its speed was also as fast as lightning.

"Another higher-level monster? But I already counted all the higher-level monsters that this inheritance site should've had. What's going on?"

Akka's heart was filled with huge bewilderment as her body flickered once more, causing the giant beast to miss yet again.

The explosive sound of air being pierced rang out in the darkness. Akka's expression becomes grave as her body radiated a red and green light. With Van on her left shoulder and a knife on her right hand, she stretched her movement skill to its limit as multiple lights flashed in the air. After her body had flickered back numerous of times, a beam of red light exploded out from her right hand and pierced through a small opening in the fangs to strike the throat of the strange beast.

ROAARRRRRRR!!!!!

A spray of bloody mist exploded from the strange beast's throat. The strange beast had now been thoroughly enraged by the pain as it crazily tried to bite Akka's body in two. The pitch-black tail that had been wagging behind all this time, it was suddenly raised at this moment.

Immediately a dark and cold sense of danger came from above, and Akka tilted her head upwards. Within the darkness, Akka saw a black beam of light shoot out from the strange beast's tail. It then morphed into hundreds of black lightning bolts, which exploded outwards.

Akka's expression turned fearful as she swiftly turned around, retreating from those beams of black light with the fastest speed possible. In an instant, she had retreated nearly five hundred meters away, but the strange beast was extremely fast so she could not shake it at all.

Boom!!!

The beam of black lighting which contained dreadful energy smashed into Akka's body. Akka's face paled as her body lost its balance as she was hit by the black lightning that had been hurled through the darkness. Akka was immediately flung away like a leaf that had been caught in a hurricane.

Bang!!

Akka's body smashed hard against the pitch-black ground, and blood came out of the corners of her mouth. She stood up, and her expression was terrible. At the last minute, she at least insured that the attack can only hit her and not Van. Of course, she didn't notice that 1/3 of the attack hit Van's right leg.

"You!!!!" Akka's expression turned ugly as her emotions flared up. This was the second time in her life that she was flung away like a piece of trash. And that made her remember things that she has tried to forget. Her expression turned more and more severe.

The huge strange beast once again arrives in the space above Akka. But this time, Akka did not dodge as its huge silhouette whistled through the air.

Bam!!

A long red line cut through the middle of this dark world and did not fade for a long time. The red line pierced through the lower part of the strange beast's all the away up.

The nightmarish change caused the strange beast to roar in fear. Akka's body had already flashed to the back of the strange beast's head. Her elegant and somewhat rough hand was wrapped in red light along with her knife before she mercilessly smashed it against the head of the strange beast.

"Go in hell!!!" As Akka's bone piercingly cold voice fell, red marks began appearing on Akka's hand before they swiftly spread across the head of the strange beast. In the blink of an eye, the red marks had covered the entire body of the strange beast, causing it to look like a Vulcano ready to explode.

Akka slowly withdraws her hand and after her figure blurred in the air, she was several hundred meters away.

Bang!!!

0