(Chapter 2) Kratz
565 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fire..." A voice shouted, and arrows after arrows came down from the sky, but the knights were unfazed. The swords of the knights danced in the air, slashing hundreds of arrows that came down from the sky. They were calm and so much concentrated that they didn't hear the noises of the enemy that shouted with delight like they won the battle or the cries of even their prince. Only after that did they turn back and saw their archmage dead and the prince crying did they almost fall from their horses from shock.

Shock was written in all of their faces, how could they not have been? An archmage dying from an arrow, laughable. And it wasn't even an assassination because they are whole damn armies around them. No matter how much distracted an archmage can be, at the end of the day, they are monsters, their reflexes, their instincts that are in par with holy knights, and the magical power that supports them like a radar not even letting a mosquito knowing where it hides.

An arrow was deeply embedded in the prince's right leg blood was dripping down from the prince they were supposed to protect.

Every one of the knights had been protecting the prince since he was a child, and they not only respected him because of his title but also because they were with him since he was young. They watched him grow up, and they quite adored him.

They were assigned a duty of the most respectful honor they could have. Even though they might die one day in their line of duty, but their children and families will have the protection of the king and let alone the kindhearted prince. Their families, of course, will be sad, but they also will be proud to have fathers like them. They are paving the road for their families after all.

Their children can follow the steps of their fathers, or if they are smart enough, and with a bit of luck, they can enter the world of politics and become nobles. They will support the prince, and the prince will take them on his wings, and a happy ending or so are the dreams.

Seeing their prince with blood on his right leg, they were enraged. But the commander of the troops acted with cold blood even though he was also enraged, but he kept them in control and with a calm expression like a commander should have, even in hopeless situations.

He immediately jumped off the horse and went beside the prince. He directly made him unconscious and took the robe of the archmage Arturio 'that without him knowing, is very expensive and even ancient' bandaged the prince right leg that was probably useless now. Took the prince and the dead body of Arturio inside the carriage and closed the door. He did all of this in just five seconds with a spell called haste that he had learned from Arturio. Running to the coachman seat, making his horses run as he yelled to his troops.

"We are breaking out of here now." Said the commander and with a shout of his voice, he awakes the spirits of all his troops immediately.

His name is Kratz, and he was the only holy knight here, a holy knight can command only 100 knights, and that's exactly how many they are here now. Against, not even Kratz knows how many they are up against, around them, he can only see a sea of people of different races. But they have to break out, or at least the carriage has to move forward because the horses of the carriage, and the carriage itself, are different, they are being protected, by a powerful formation.

Kratz took a shield that he always has left in his back. Never he thought that he once again would feel his left hand holding it, with a shield in his left hand and a sword with his right, a massacre began.

He could hear the screaming of some of his loyal knights, shouting of his knight's desperate situation that wanted the carriage to leave from this battlefield. But the most he could hear was the horses galloping off as he concentrated on killing his enemies.

His right hand was already numb, the blood of the enemies showered all over his body as for the left hand, it was a like statue, blocking every attack that came for his left part of his body. But this skill also eats a lot of stamina so he couldn't keep it forever. He already drank 2 potions of stamina while he was drinking it, he activated his haste spell trying to not let any openings for the enemies to take advantage of.

An armoured man with a black horse came straight for the carriage, how many have Kratz seen and killed like this man? Probably a hundred or even more. The enemies are not strong like them, but they have more than enough troops to wipe them out.

Kratz even suspected that this might be an illusion, so he even drank his most expensive potion. So just like that four months of his payment job were lost, you could see how much this has cost when the wages of the holy knights are big. That even nobles always complain about and yet nothing changed because this was not an illusion, this was reality.

A cruel reality that his soldiers that are also his friends for more than ten years were dying one by one. He could feel his eyes almost dropping tears, but he could do nothing but continue killing. His killing intent soared, with a slash of his sword he cut them in half, slashing his sword cutting the horse and man in half, bashing the enemies in his left side with a shield dropping them out of their horses and as they scream as the horses of the allies and enemies alike press forward not caring in the slightest.

A knight with a shiny armour approaches him from the front, his ally knights are in the back, his right and left side so he could only kill those that came in his front. As he approaches, Kratz could feel that he is stronger than other enemies that have attacked him until now. The tactic that the enemy has made until now is quite ruthless, not caring in slightest how many troops he sacrifices only to accomplish his goal. Kratz gripped his sword tightly as he shouted the skill that he has used multiple times for the last fifty minutes, draining himself out of stamina and energy, and only by drinking potions can he continue moving forward.

"Altair..." Is the name of the skill that you earn by becoming a holy knight. A white light came from Kratz sword, and with a slash of his sword, the white light moved forward with a tremendous speed cutting everything in his path for a hundred meters. The shiny armoured knight didn't even have time to scream as his body was cut in half, and behind him and around him, a lot of other assassins and horses were cut into pieces. Flesh and blood and unbearable smell that makes even soldiers with experience vomit could be seen and smell around the battlefield.

 

This was my first battle that i have written, I wonder if you have guessed who is the MC.   

5