(Chapter 7) Lily Part 1
276 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were told that a carriage will come at the forest of victory and we as slaves will fight them to death, is better to say that we are cannon fodders it's what my brother told me even though I don't know what that means.

"Hey Lily you should stay behind the lines, here take this." Said my brother with low voice as he handed me a bow and arrows, and took my sword that I have in my hand.

"Nn." I nodded my head; my brother always has been like this protecting me and not letting me do anything that is too tiring even though we are slaves.

My brother's name is Chris and we are both orphans, our parents died long time ago and we were taken by a man as slaves, it's what brother told me because I don't remember too well, all around me I could see faces with no expression whatsoever and their eyes look like dead eyes like I usually see and they always scares me, I never understood them.

"Status open"

Name: Lily     Age: 10

Race: Cat Beast kin

Job: none

Class: Hero

State: Enslaved

Level: 1

HP : 100,  MP : 100,  STR : 50,  AGI : 50,  VIT : 50,  INT : 15,  DEX : 17,  DEF : 50

Skills: Night eyes, Archer level 2, Dual wielding sword art level 1 `a new path for the hero`, swordswoman level 2

Titles: None

Whenever I see the faces of slaves I always look at my status, to calm myself down is always pretty good to see it, when I told my brother for the first time I had something called System he just laughed it off, told me that everyone has it and yet they were all slaves anyway, and also told me not to tell others if I have a class no matter what class is, also my brother has a blessing of a god so fantastic isn't it? But it wasn't too important because I once asked about it:

"Brother why is your blessing of god not important?"

"It's not that it isn't important but more like a duty, the god gave me this blessing to do something and I'm doing it."

"And what does this blessing do." I looked at my brother Chris with sparkling eyes.

"As cold as ever eh, well this blessing it allows me to see and also to block." Back then I didn't understand even now I still don't.

As I was having such thoughts all the slaves that were hiding near me began to run and they surrounded something but I couldn't see, plus why were the slaves multiplied so suddenly? So I climbed in a top of a tree to see the situation and as I watched around:

"Woah so many" I leaked a voice out of amazement, as far as I know this slaves here, all of them came from the mines all around the forest, I also have been at the mine and worked there and is very tiring but my saviour Chris who is also my brother didn't let me work for too long."

"Arrows ready." A shout came, this is the signal and with that, this irritating thing that I have in my chest also began to tell me that orders are given, I have no choice but to take my aim, I am weak anyway and can't hurt this knights that look like giants but still if I hit their heads they will die, the head is the weak point of humans and some other races as far as brother has told me even the strongest human in the continent can be killed if he is hit in the head.

I aim at the carriage, it looks pretty strong, I don't think my arrow can penetrate it, the moment that I shot the arrow was the moment the door of the carriage opened, my mind went blank, it seems that  the one who opened the door was just an old man who has a foolish smile on his face, and it seems he looked at me in surprise before the arrow hit his head, I mean I think he saw the arrow before he died, before I could even react my body becomes stronger and a few information came into my mind.

"Ding"

`You have killed a level 90 Arch mage, you have Levelled up`.

`You have Levelled up`

`You have Levelled up`

`You have Levelled up`

`You have Levelled up`

`You have Levelled up`

`You have Levelled up`

"What a goddamn luck." A voice came from the shadows but I didn't care too much about that as I was confused I said:

"Status open"

Name: Lily     Age: 10

Race: Cat Beast kin

Job: none

Class: Hero

State: Enslaved

Level: 40

HP : 500,  MP : 500,  STR : 250,  AGI : 250,  VIT : 250,  INT : 17,  DEX : 137,  DEF : 250

Skills: Night eyes, Archer apprentice level 1 `new`, Dual wielding sword art level 1 `a new path for the hero`, swordswoman level 2

Titles: `The lucky bastard new`, `One shot one kill new`, `Making the impossible possible new`,

So it means I really killed someone, my body is shaking badly but the battle didn't wait for me to calm down, they began to kill each other, I have seen battles before and also deaths in the mine but here a bloody battle that I have never seen and hope not too see again began, even though I am following them from behind I try to not see the battle as much as possible and only keeping an eye to my brother, I couldn't believe it I really killed someone and I levelled up all the way to level 40 becoming stronger, it seems you really need to kill to level up, I never thought it was true.

That irritating thing in my heart didn't show up anymore with how chaotic the battle is only if a direct order comes can that irritating thing comes back, so it's better to stay behind the lines for now.

Almost all the slaves have horses even my brother was given one before the battle, as for the reason they said something like:

"If the enemy runs away in different directions I want you all to mount the horses and kill every single one of them." This is what our Leader in the mine told us, back then I didn't understand anything but now I do.

My brother is currently on the move with his horse, he is fighting against a knight, I never thought my brother was this strong probably that's why he has some privileges at the mine.

My brother Chris and his enemy are slashing their swords with such a speed that when another slave tried to enter the battle his hands were chopped off.

They were having a duel even though they were in the middle of the battlefield and riding their horses with such a speed that is difficult to concentrate, until my brother lost concentration for a split second and if I could see it in this distance then the enemy could too, the knight took a dagger in his left hand and throw it to my brother and it hit in his eye, blood flowed in the air.

"Brother." I didn't care anymore and aimed with my bow, the knight wanted to follow with another attack but I didn't let him, I fired arrows constantly not letting the knights any time for him to attack my brother, in the meantime my brother came in my direction.

After I don't know how many hours this battle lasted, it ended with the death of a powerful mage, afterwards we were taken by another lord of another mine in this forest, first they send us to a room to heal our wounds it seems, in there my brother met with that knight he was fighting with the one who took his eye, it seems his name is Tom and my brother and him began to talk, even though the knight was angry at first in the end of their discussion that I didn't hear at all they both sighed.

"Don't make that grim face, I am fine just an eye." said my brother reassuring me that he was okay, probably now I kind of understood why the other slaves had grim faces or even dead eyes, to fight when you don't even want to fight.

"Nn" but I can only nod to my brother

"You guys are the only ones left to go to the mine, but before that can you do me a favour." Hmm it seems the doctor who treated my brothers eye was also a slave and wanted us to stay by the side of a child, the doctor said that most of the people in the mines around here are all innocent, so he wanted us to stay by the child side until the end, it seems like the child was going to die soon.

"Lily if he wakes up I'm letting you talk to him, just don't say anything and just listen to his last words."

Twenty minutes later I'm running full speed ahead in the forest, my brother was so happy that he almost jump from joy when I told him that I was freed from slavery but I couldn't just say it was the child that was called Van who freed me something blocked me from telling it, my brother also told me:

"No matter what you want to do, if you want, just run away and never tell anyone about this, or you can go to this kingdom of Daw and tell everything to this person that the kid told you, but listen careful try to see their expression and their inner hearts just like I told you and don't trust anyone, and forget about me as long as your happy your brother will also be happy, now go and don't get caught."

"Brother."

"Go."

4