(Chapter 8) Lily part 2
255 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I run and I run until I didn't have the strength anymore and sit down by the side of the tree. And there I found a body, it looks familiar but I don't recognize him, plus I feel something from him like he doesn't have a system?

"Hey."

"Agh, where am I?" Hmm, it seems he is wounded, his eyes are also red.

"In the forest."

"Agh I lost everything, I couldn't protect him, I couldn't protect the prince."

"Prince?" He isn't talking about Van, Is he?

"Yes."

"Don't cry." He is crying, I don't know what to do, I can see his eyes are red, did he also cry when I wasn't here?

"I'm alright thanks if I didn't have a potion I probably would have died, but now I wished that I would have died, I'm sorry, who are you by the way?"

"I'm Lily, a beast kin."

"I'm Kratz, by the way, what are you doing here and don't you see there are corpses everywhere."

"Sightseeing, going to a Kingdom in the central continent."

"Sightseeing eh, it seems we are going on the same road, I'm going to the Daw kingdom, there still chances that the prince is still alive, I need to tell the King everything that happened here, do you want to go together."

"Nn."

We needed half a month just to leave the forest because Kratz was wounded, so we had to make stops from time to time, plus we were pretty close to the West Kingdoms, and if Kratz was not wounded we would have needed only a week to leave the forest, it's what Kratz told me he also told me a little about himself.

It seems Kratz was a commander of 100 knights also a holy knight, and to become a holy knight, you should first learn the swordsman skill than to leveled it up until you upgrade it to swordsman apprentice…..

{Swordsman -----> Swordsman apprentice ------> Swordsman expert}

After the three phases of the skill upgrading, there are only two choices for you to upgrade the skill again, the first choice is simple but also constraining and with many responsibilities, the second choice is the determination to become stronger on your own and is a very difficult road and sometimes a lonely one.

When we were on the road, Kratz also gave me instructions in the skill of swordswoman though he lost his system, he still has his experience is what he told me.

When I sleep I have begun to have nightmares, but I know that I see those nightmares because of the gruesome battle and also because of the man I killed even though it was an accident. I asked Kratz once if the world is only about survival of the strongest, just like it was in the mine and would I need to kill again but he said:

"No the world has its rules but as long as you continue to wield that sword, the need to kill will one day come again, but all I can say is that as long as you are in the right, as long as you wield your sword in rightness, you will be okay with the world but also okay with yourself.

We needed a long time just to get to the Daw Kingdom, probably because we had to make stops and do some side jobs to earn money, after all this time I leveled up just once.

Name: Lily  

Race: Cat Beast kin

Job: none

Class: Hero

State: Normal

Level: 41

HP : 510,  MP : 510,  STR : 255,  AGI : 255,  VIT : 255,  INT : 25,  DEX : 140,  DEF : 255

Skills: Night eyes, Archer apprentice level 4, Dual wielding sword art level 1 `a new path for the hero`, swordswoman level 9

Titles: The lucky bastard, one shot one kill, making the impossible possible, Killer of goblins,

{End of the POV}

"Hey Lily, where are you going after you enter the city? Kratz asked.

"Meeting someone." Currently, they were outside the gates of the capital city of Daw Kingdom as they were waiting for their turn to enter. The security at the gates was more than usual, that Kratz remembers.

After all this time, Kratz has recovered from his injury but the look that people gave him was incredibly hard for him to get used too. Because people that have systems can feel those that don't have, and those that don't have the system are pretty much useless in the society, they are also known by another name: trash.

Because no matter how a person without system tries, he will not get acknowledged and even might get himself killed because if a useless person does a job better than those that have system, the people with the system will get pissed off and even though are laws, they can't stop the people, after all, laws are only a reminder that what happens if you kill a person, it doesn't tell you that is wrong to kill.

"Hey have you heard about it, it seems since the death of the crown prince years ago, the second prince hasn't shown up from his room."

"What are you talking about, I know for sure that the second prince never came back from the hunt, I know this because I have some friends that stay guards at the gates of the city." Two merchants that they were before Kratz and Lily were talking about a lot of things until now so Kratz didn't pay too much attention to them. But these words entered his ears like the whisper of the devil making him shocked, he couldn't believe it the crown prince that he thought was suspicions and might be the enemy was dead. It seems things are not what it seems like, and are more complicated than he thought about, he first thought he should send Lily at his home to meet his wife and daughter and then go to the royal palace, but now he needs to go immediately there to report.

"Lily where are you going, you never told me?" Kratz asked because he has asked her before but she never answered only said: same road.

"Same road."

"Same road my ass, I have already arrived, when I wanted to go."

"Nn not yet, same road."

"Okay follow me." Kratz can only sigh and continue the road to the royal palace hopefully, the king knows where the prince is probably the enemy has come to ask for something in the return of the prince, it's not the first time in history a prince gets abducted after all, but not to a big kingdom.

"Okay I have arrived at my destination, where are you going now?"She can't say the same road again right, right? Thought Kratz to himself

"Nn, not yet, the same road."

"This is the royal palace, you will not be accepted here, even I don't know if I can enter now in this condition that I am in, hey, don't just go listen, fuck wait for me." Kratz couldn't say anything. This kind of person Lily is, even though he liked her like his daughter but sometimes he couldn't understand her at all. Even though he asked about her life, she never talked too much, only when she eats a lot of delicious food can she open up a little and talk and that reminds him about his prince that he should protect but failed to do so. He might even get executed today, he tries to tell her about this but she didn't listen at all, what a problematic child she is thought Kratz to himself.

3