(Chapter 9) Meeting the Goddess
260 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Van Daw, and I am an otaku or at least that's what people think I am, is year 2040, this days the culture of Japan is widely spread in the world and if you stay more than one month inside the house your family will recognise you with weird name like hikikomori and look at you with weird eyes or some families might even freak out.

What is wrong with this world, and yes I also stay a lot in home, and I only go out once a month, but still there is a reason for me, I have a job I am recognisable manga artist and a writer, so in the beginning when I became able to win money from work, I worked even more harder and I quite enjoy writing, but after some time passed after my success of publishing a book and earning from it, I began to feel uncomfortable because my parents and my siblings began to see me weirdly I asked them but they didn't answer and they acted with dumb expression.

Only after couple of months later I realised that the situation is serious, so I got one day off from writing, got out of the house that made me win some shocked expression, cough, I withdraw some money from the bank account and bought some surprised presents for my family and when I gave it to them, they watched me weirdly.

And yes I haven't told my family I have published a book and that is very successive, I only told them about a book of mine before and because I didn't win anything and more spend money, time and energy, and they were angry with me so a serious fight broke out back then, after I realised my mistake that I am not little anymore and I need to provide for my family, I gave my parents half of the money every month, but in the end they still look at me weirdly, I tried to communicate a lot of times but is impossible.

And before I knew it I was sitting in a chair in a spacious white room, 15 meters before me was a black desk and a black chair and a woman is sitting there flipping through the pages of a book, just as I was about to freak out about the strange situation I was in, and the unfamiliarity of the place, the woman before me spoke.

"Silence in the court." Said the woman before me with a voice that hit my very soul and all the worries were replaced by calmness.

"This." I'm genuinely surprised am I in the presence of a goddess just like those novels and manga's always write about.

"Mortal called Lux, the crimes that you have made are numerous, you are to be sent and stay in hell for at least 500 hundred years before your soul can get the chance to be reincarnated again…" I answered her almost immediately, who the fuck is this Lux and what the fuck did he do?

"Excuse me Goddess but my name is not Lux." I said in a hurry but my instincts reminded itself and I lowered my head respectfully to the Goddess.

"Wait a moment." Said the goddess as she started flipping through the pages of a thin book yet again, hmm how many pages does that book even have?

"Oh I see, then you should be Max, who has done a lot of good things in his life and gathered a lot of good karma and it is to be reincarnated into the body of a young boy who will have a harem later on." Said the Goddess…

"…..."

Should I accept it? What a wonderful offer, I am 100% sure that I would have accepted it if I haven't seen the smirk in the goddess face, even though she hides it too fast, I saw it and I know for sure now that this goddesses is full of shit.

"Hey now that's rude to say my little friend Van." Said the Goddess with an enigmatic smile on her face, so at least she is a goddess if she can read my mind, for a moment there I thought this was a prank or something, but still I can feel that I don't have a body at the moment only a spirit form and even I don't know how I know this, lowering my head I can see that my hands are completely white like some sort of substance, plus I can't move from the white chair that I have been sitting, I can only move my hands a little and can move my head freely, but is very uncomfortable feeling, so I'm pretty sure I'm dead.

Plus is this scene like those novels that I read that the goddess just make fun with the dead people and just give them some gifts and send them on their way? Plus doesn't their gift make them powerful enough as they make their own Harem?

"Unfortunately, no Van this isn't like those kinds of stories." Said the Goddess after she reads my mind again, reminding me that she is indeed a goddess.

"Why am I here then?" I said with strong attitude now, surprising even myself, I don't know when this courage came from, is it because I didn't get that harem wish, did my inner desires followed me even in death?

"Well don't be angry now because when you finish here you will.., well let's just say we'll find out together, you're not alone Van." Said the Goddess with pity and also encouraging look in her eyes, but why do I have this bad feeling, it seems spirit emotions are stronger than body emotions and I feel uncomfortable all over my spirit like it is trying to tell me something.

"What do you mean?" I asked with an uneasy tone.

"Do you remember how you died?" The Goddess asked me, is it only this? I sighed in relief but my spirit is screaming and giving me warnings to not let my guard down.

"I remember everything, I felt weak at night so I went to sleep early than usual, I'm pretty sure I never wake up again." I said that with full confidence but the Goddess kept looking at me with eyes full of pity, please don't watch me like that is super uncomfortable.

"Well let's just see the first video and try to keep your emotions in check or you can't handle the second video and your soul will be crushed into nothingness and I can't do anything really."Goddess said with the gravest tone that I never thought will be possible with the goddess that I thought is an easy going person, taking a deep breath I nodded my head, it seems the situation might be much more serious that I thought.

The video started, is just grass? I can only see grass is it only going to show grass? The moment that I thought that the Goddess was playing a prank on me again, the video zoomed out and I could see a backyard, that's my home backyard, does she wants to show to me that my parents sometimes forced me to cut grass with my bare hands anyway I continued to watch.

"You don't seem to see anything unusual do you?" Asked the Goddess with a sigh, I answered her with a shake of my head.

"Be ready, I'm going to make the video to let us watch what's beneath the ground." Said the Goddess as she flicked her finger, but this uneasy feeling that I had since the start is getting only stronger and stronger.

"Waaaaaa." I heard a scream but I don't care about that right now, my eyes are stuck at the video and my vision only focused what's beneath the ground, what is that? No, scratch that I know what is that but why is it there? I don't see it completely but I kind of realised what is beneath the ground.

I looked at the Goddess for an explanation but it seems like she is still looking at the video with serious expression so did I, after a minute or so, a dog came at the backyard of my house and is digging for the thing that is beneath the ground, I remember this dog, the owner of this dog lives at the house next door and is my neighbour.

After he dig for a while, now he is biting something and is dragging in out of the ground, first is a hand than the entire body, yes I know who that guy is because that's fucking me, fucking hell, before I knew it my lights went out.

3