(Chapter 10) Expelled
211 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"As expected of you, you are still alive, and your soul is stronger than before, we didn't call you the God of shield for nothing after all." Said the Goddess with an enigmatic smile on her face, as she watched Van open his eyes slightly and moving his hand to hold his head.

"Where am I, what happened?" Asked Van, as he slowly got up, trying to hold the unbearable pain in his head, so he can open his eyes a little to look at the Goddess before him for an explanation about all of this.

"Don't you remember? You saw your dead body buried at your house backyard."Said the Goddess as just shrugged her shoulders in response to his questions.

"I know that but how did I end up like this, my head hurts to much, plus how did my body ended there?" Asked Van and if he had a body right now he would be clenching his teeth from pain.

"Well there are too many reasons for your mind hurting, first is because you just broke out from your curse."

"Curse, what curse?" Asked Van shocked.

"Well to understand that we need to watch the second video, but don't worry your soul will not get crushed anymore." Said the Goddess but these words just made Van even more confused.

"But didn't you say that it will." Asked Van in doubt, too many strange things were happenings that he couldn't keep up at all.

"Well even I didn't know that after you broke out from your curse, your spirit would strengthen itself, haven't you seen yourself that you are currently standing?"

"Wait does that mean my soul was too weak that's why I couldn't stand up?" Asked Van in shock, it was like those novels that he read, about the soul, that if the soul is weak is being devoured or corroded by something and in his case is of course the curse, Van felt a chill in his back.

"You have guessed correctly." Said the Goddess with a smile and thought in her mind: I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad one, for that God who put information's about other worlds in those novels and books in earth.

"Wait why didn't you remove the curse?" Asked Van and frowned as he thought of something in his mind.

"Again you guessed correctly, we have tried not only me but other Gods and Goddess had their eyes on you, they tried everything but it was all for nothing, hell I even tried to kill you once to exterminate your soul along with the curse completely but the curse was too strong it would not let me, all I did was to reincarnate you faster." Said the Goddess with a frown on her face but Van's spirit was trembling.

"Don't be scared I actually did it for you, you will understand after you see the second video." Said the Goddess as she opened another screen out of thin air, Van once again felt that he was in the presence of a Goddess.

Van saw a lot of movies, or life's of different people should we say, he saw boys growing up, he saw talented boys, a 15 years old arch mage, a 15 years old swordsman, guardsman, orphan, prince, thief, adventures, a doctor etc.

 But every single one of them lived only 15 years, why? Because they all died at that age, they were all killed by the people they trusted the most from parents, from brothers, from sisters, from fiancees, the betrayals came everywhere like some kind of curse, after a few hours of watching, Van didn't care too much, it was like watching a good movie after all, but his spirit kept giving warnings signals that it bothered him and also made him realise that something was off, until it came the last video the boy who overcame the age of 15.

"This." Van was shocked that he stood up in startled manner and realised that indeed something was off, because the video was about him living his life on earth and he saw all the video in shock because he understood why the Goddess wanted him to see these videos now.

The video didn't show too much just the most important things that happened in his life that he knew of but why did the video ended a little bit too fast than the others, but he didn't care too much about that right now and his eyes were at the Goddess that was before him.

"Does that mean I was killed by my family?" Said Van with low voice but he didn't cry, was just a bit shocked, but mostly he was calm which surprised him a lot but then he realised it's because he is in the presence of the Goddess after a few seconds he looked at the Goddess telling her to continue explaining.

"Well what can I say, you were cursed at your first life and what does a soul do when his body or carrier dies?"

"It gets reincarnated." Said Van in low voice

"Yes correct again my dear Van but after you reincarnated the curse followed you and because the curse was strong, the baby died before it even got born, and this repeated itself almost thousands of times."

"What's this, a fairy tale?" Asked Van with dry laugh but only received a death glare from the Goddess, it was like she wanted to eat him whole, Van gulped and sat down like a obedient kid, if he had a body he probably would have died from heart attack.

"This is not a joke Van, back then the heavens were about to collapse, the world was trembling like a glass that it was about to shatter, the cycle of reincarnation almost broke, the ancient being wake up from their deep slumber and the ancient tea that I spend thousands of years gathering money buying it just turned to ashes." Said the Goddess, but why do I have this feeling that the last part was more important, plus does the Gods and Goddesses have a society and a currency, thought Van to himself.

"Hell even that 'guy' woke up from sleeping, giving us instruction of what causing this and we caught a glance of a soul resting and leaving bodies because the infants bodies were too weak, they couldn't handle the curse we tried to get the soul out of the reincarnation cycle but it was impossible a goddess tried to remove the curse but she almost died that made even the ancient horrified and they had to intervene to save her life, now she has lost almost all her powers and she will need a lot of years to heal from her wounds and yes that Goddess is my sister." Van remained silent when the Goddess was telling this fucked up story, a Goddess was almost killed, and the Goddess and Gods that Van always thought are Immortals and eternal it seems like is not entirely true.

"Back then seeing my sister like that, and hearing her wails, I couldn't care less anymore I didn't listen to anyone and tried to kill you along with the curse but alas I couldn't destroy the curse at all and I could only kill you once but not exterminating you, it was like the curse was a shield protection and I also got judgement from the heavens from breaking the rules, my powers go slashed in half." Said the Goddess with dry laugh, and Van indeed was angry at first after all who wouldn't be with the person who literally killed him, but in the end the world was about to be destroyed he couldn't blame them or feel angry anymore.

"But wait they're millions of people getting reincarnated every second, if what the Goddess said is true, why does one soul getting reincarnated lots of times has to do with the end of the world?"

"Yeah that's why when the world was about to collapse, we couldn't think who or what was causing this, the problem was the curse after all and he was using you the soul and the reincarnated cycle as transportation between worlds and every world become cursed but it's not like the curse was smart or had intelligence, it was just that kind of curse tormenting your enemies even in death well for other information I couldn't get because I broke the rules after all." Said the goddess while smiling wryly.

"Well sorry I didn't know, how did I get the curse?"

"Well that's on the third video." Said the Goddess with a smirk expression like all that story was just history or a bed night story letting Van flabbergasted even thinking if that was just a prank.

"Anyway before we see the third video I need for you to understand the condition you're in," Said the Goddess with a serious look on her face, and Van once again thought that the Goddess change the faces too fast.

"The condition I am in? "

"Yes because the moment you broke the curse you were expelled by the cycle of reincarnation."

 

2