(Chapter 11) The Soul
208 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm expelled from the cycle of the reincarnation, what?" Van couldn't understand at all, he was expelled? And why was he?

"Yes you were expelled, meaning that if you don't fix things, this will be your last life."

"But wait why did I get expelled, I don't have any fault in this, in my past life I didn't cursed myself did I? Said Van hoping that he wasn't such a fool in his past life, wait, he thought of something…

"Yes you are correct again, the personality of people doesn't change too much even if they get reincarnated only on some extreme circumstances, and anyway no one cursed you actually." Said the Goddess with an awkward expression and as for Van this is only getting more confusing.

"Goddess let's talk about life." Said Van as he looked at her with eyes that said: explain yourself.

"It was just a stupid coincidence that even Gods when they watched how did this happen, could only get stupefied, they watched the entire history of the curse and they could only say fate is playing a prank on us." Said the Goddess as she continued to say without letting him ask questions:

"Anyway what I wanted to say to you is that when your soul was being corroded by the curse and you went from one body to another, the pain was too big so your soul got divided into two for self protection, but because they stayed like that for too many years, they couldn't connect together so when you just broke the curse right now the cycle of the reincarnation doesn't recognise you as a soul."

"Divided, does that mean there is another me out there?" Van asked because he was completely confused.

"Not exactly, to understand this you should first understand what a soul is." Said the Goddess, and Van could feel like some sort of aura was coming from her.

"A soul."

"Yes a soul is the combination of spirit and intelligence and when they combine they become the soul but too keep them combine a vessel is needed and that's the body."

"Woah." Van could not help but utter a voice out of amazement, the voice of the Goddess when she talked about the soul and his mystery made Van for the first time since he got here relaxed and comfortable and his entire being warmed up, like he returned being a baby again and being hugged by his mother embrace.

"The mortals usually when they die they reincarnate why is that?" Asked the Goddess, as she looked at Van with an amusement look in her eyes.

"Too look for a vessel." Answered Van after he thought for a while but his words were full of confidence when he answered.

"Correct again, anyway you were a bit different you didn't have any descendants when you were cursed and died so you got reincarnated all over the worlds don't speak as long as you understand that part." Said the Goddess as she gave Van a meaningful glance and continued to say.

 "Anyway what I want to say is that when you were being corroded by the curse, your soul was divided into two again, the spirit to protect the intelligence for breaking apart acted as a shield against the curse and in exchange the curse protected you from being exterminated from outside interference's like me while the curse corroded the spirit occasionally, so a weird mutual coexistence sprouted and the curse didn't corroded the bodies that you reincarnated anymore but another thing happened the people close to you in every world begin to betray you, was it the curse fault or is just that you were very talented and people envied you, that even I don't know." To think that even Goddess didn't know about the last part that I wanted to know thought Van to himself.

"Well it seems it worked." Said the Goddess with a smile on her face, surprising Van how fast can sometime the Goddess change the subject.

"What worked?" Asked Van puzzled.

"Well of course we weren't just talking I was teaching you the mystery of the soul and in that in exchange made you subconsciously to be closer with your spirit now.

"So that means I'm saved? Asked Van feeling baffled.

"Of course not, you can now enter a vessel for at least one life and is up to you in what you become, I already did my job as a goddess." Said the Goddess with a smirk on her face.

"Now what is going to happen to me and how did I get the curse?" Van wasn't upset as how the Goddess just wanted to throw him away he pretty much knows that this Goddess might be punished to be his guide.

"Hmm it seems like you are pretty sharp, but first let's see the third video and the ending moments of your first life." Said the Goddess, as Van nodded his head and suddenly felt complex emotions.

 The third video and the last one started showing a carriage that was being surrounded, arrows flew everywhere and a child was crying near the dead body of an old man, his right leg was penetrated by an arrow and blood was dripping down from the wound, a man dropped from his horse put the boy unconscious took a robe and bandaged the leg, so the boy wouldn't bleed to death and put the child and the old man inside the carriage and that was it.

Van could only watch in wonder as he watched the Goddess that was looking at him with a smile.

"So was the curse in the arrow and was that old man me?"

"No you were the child, and the curse was in the robe, the robe is an ancient artifact, I don't know much information about the subject because they didn't tell me ahaha I lost my privileges it seems." Said the Goddess with a laugh, but fury was building inside, Van could only lower his head even though he didn't do anything the Goddess has lost half of her powers, her sister almost died and in the end the other Gods also removed her from having access to inside information so at least he can do its to lower his head.

"And.." Just as Van was about to speak, the Goddess interrupted him.

"There are only two choices for you if you don't want for your soul to scatter, but I'm going to tell you only the easiest one for you and that is to become a God."

"...."

"Cough, don't see me like that, it's really the easiest way."

"..."

"Fine then, if you really want to you can follow the instructions of the system, but I will not give the system too much hope if I were you."

"I'm going to have a system just like those novels, and then I'm really going to a different word h." Asked Van with low voice but the Goddess could hear it, and Van knows this so he continued to ask.

"Are there elves there?"

"Yes there is."

"What about cat ears girls?"

"You're talking about beast kin, indeed there is."

"So it means there are also dungeons?"

"Yes there are lots of them."

"And monsters I guess there are lots of them too right?"

"Yes there is." Said the Goddess but this time she finds the conversation strange but she can't pinpoint what was strange.

"And bugs are there also demons and dragons there?"

"Indeed just like those novels but dragons have difficulty transforming into the human form, and also there is that bug that just stays in one place, it is created in the dungeons, its born in one of the locations of the dungeons and it never moves from the place that his is born but the moment a person touches it is the moment that person will see his last light." The Goddess said as she found an interesting topic and also informed him about the newest monster appearance in the dungeons but the strange feeling never left her but become stronger just as she didn't know what to do about this feeling, she saw Van running towards her.

2