(Chapter 14) Escaping the mine
208 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering the room and closing the door shut, Van saw around the room.

The room was simple it was built just like the other rooms, the floor was built with sturdy rocks, the walls and the ceiling was built with woods. It had a bed in the middle of the room, to the left side of the bed was a wooden table and wooden chairs, to the right side of the bed was a wooden wardrobe, the only difference that this room had with others was that it didn't have a fire-place to warm the room and because of that, the room was cold.

(Push the bed away the entrance is beneath.)

"Sigh, I'm really in a different world, eh." Murmured Van to himself, it seems like a lot of things happened to him since he died but also nothing at all, shaking his head out of his thoughts after he pushed the bed away what lay beneath was like an underground entrance and the worst part of it was that there was a ladder to climb down….

(Just jump, it's not too deep.)

"Are you sure?"

(Yes)

"...."

(Sorry, I forgot that you are still level one, smirked.)

"You just smirked at me again didn't you Agh." Indeed it wasn't too deep but the body of humans is weak after all, but Van is not a human but a High Human, that's why the system wanted to remind Van of this, probably.

"Who built this tunnel anyway?" Asked Van as he moved forward and because he wasn't feeling any pain on his right leg, he tried to walk even faster but the walking position was strange.

(I think it was built by that woman that I showed you, Master.)

(And I think Master you should just talk to me in your mind, no need to talk with a low voice.)

(Yes Master I can hear you.)

15 minutes later Van was outside and he can only see trees around him, but for the moment he was out of breath and was staying in the ground shivering. Not only was cold because it was night, but he could also feel like some kind of energy in the air, is this mana? Van thought to himself.

"I should have completed the mission by now right?"

(No not yet Master, you need to get out of this forest first.)

"Who attacked there anyway?" Asked Van in annoyance, to think he still had to run again to escape, what is going on there were they slaughtering everyone? But thinking it further if this group of people has attacked him that has a noble status probably they have attacked others too. Even though he felt a little sorry for the lady that he had his first sex with, but he couldn't do anything at all he was just a cripple after all.

(A hero was in the army that attacked the mine.)

"Wtf, then why are we leaving?" Asked Van puzzled, don't tell me that the heroes here are the bad guys that will be a new thing, thought Van to himself.

(Don't worry Master, you will understand soon enough, smirk.)

"I'm really getting annoyed by your smirk."

(Oh I'm just fooling around Master I have been alone since who knows when, sorry.)

"Oh no, it's alright you can fool around." Van said in a hurry when he heard about her lonely story.

(Smirk.)

"…...."

"Was that story just to fool around with me?"

(Of course not, I was created by the system as a guide, but until now no host of mine has been worthy of hearing my voice, so I kind of wandered around, from place to place.)

"Worthy, what do you mean?" Asked Van as he took in his hands the broom again to support himself and he slowly got up from the cold ground.

(Well they couldn't hear my voice only you can Master you have to take responsibility, mm someone is coming.)

Turning behind, Van could see the door of the underground that he came open, 5 feet 11 inches tall girl appears with blonde hairs, white skin, green eyes, wearing a leather battle amour that made her body look even more beautiful and heroic, and apparently, she was an elf that looked like an 18 years old girl, that made Van open his eyes wide because how beautiful and heroic he finds her.

"Help." The girl said as she knelt into the ground and coughed a mouthful of blood. Even though Van wanted to help, he stooped himself what if she was just pretending?

"System is she is just pretending?"

(No something has affected her but if she wanted to kill you, you would already be dead even though she is in her weakening moments.)

"Please help me get up, my head is dizzy." The girl said again, and Van was put in a difficult situation, just as he made his mind and was about to take a step forward to go help her.

'Ding'

New Mission: Rescue and escape from the battlefield zone.

Earning: Exp

 

"What's this Exp? Is it like those games?" Asked Van as he put the elf girl in his shoulders and began to move forward slowly in a comical way, even though he was just a cripple, he had more stamina and strength that he had when he was an adult back in earth, plus he is High Human and that is a big difference, and he is still level 1 since here you can understand how weak human mortals are.

(I don't know what games are Master but to level up is a difficult thing, and killing monsters outside the dungeons it doesn't give you too much of an experience. You need to do missions but the system only once in a lifetime can give you a mission, probably two as far as I know.)

"Wait but haven't I received 3 missions until now from the system." He asked as he walked slowly in the forest in the middle of the night without even knowing where he was going. But he knew for a certainty that he was leaving from that damn mine.

(Master those are missions that I as a guide have given you, except for rescuing this bitch.)

"So you aren't the system but the guide? And what was that last part?) Asked Van as he realized that he was talking to the guide the entire time, but he didn't listen to the last words too well because she said it with a low voice.

(Nothing Master, but people can also give you missions just like this girl did when she asked for help, even though she did it unintentionally, and that is good for the first level, in the future, you should take dungeon related mission so you can kill monsters train your skills and also accomplish missions.)

The System indeed was explaining everything for his sake, but she failed to notice that his face was already pale and his hands that were holding the broom was trembling, and at that moment:

"Ahhhhhhahhhhh." The unknown

"Ahhhhhhhh." The Elf girl

"Ahhhhhhhhhh." Van

"..." The System

"Cough, what was that terrifying scream?" Van said as he once again put the 'calm mask face.'

 "..."

"We need to get out of here." The Elf girl didn't care of her screaming or being embarrassed, she immediately left the shoulders of Van, took Van in her shoulders this time. Took the broom in her hands and flew it away and she began to run away with Van in her shoulders.

"..." Van

"...." The System

3