(Volume 2) 4: The first mission
187 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{The cane is damaged do you want to accept the mission of repairing the dragon head cane?}

                                   {Yes/No}

"System, did you give me this mission?"

(No, it wasn't me, congratulations Van this time the system gave you the first mission probably the last.) Said the system as she continued to say.

(And you should give me a name already because I'm not the system or called like that, I'm just the guide, humph.)

"What should I do system? Even though the cane seems pretty good, but after I use the health potion, it's not a good one in the long run, and I know for certain the mission is going to be an impossible one." Van said as he thought who is the better choice. And also trying to ignore the question of the system because he wanted at least to enjoy it a little bit more.

Van always liked how the main characters in those novels always talked to the system. Even though he was afraid to come here and still is, but he already is here, so the only thing he could do is trying to enjoy it and not think about the negative stuff.

(Humph Master, sometimes you really are a fool.)

"Sorry about the name, but I want to enjoy it a little bit more, calling you system."

(That was not what I was talking about.)

"Then why did you call me a fool?" Van asked, not clearly understanding what she was trying to say.

(Your right leg was crippled by the most powerful curse in the world. You should be grateful for not turning your body in ashes.

"Wait, does that mean..." Asked Van as his face went pale a little.

(Yes, you are a cripple, your right leg can't be saved anymore. So you should accept the mission, or I will accept it for you.)

"Yes." Said Van but he was calm, and that surprised him because if he was still on the earth, and he gets in an accident, and the doctor tells him that he always is going to be a cripple he probably would have cried and be depressed, and not only him but everyone would.

He thought about it and realized that is entirely different even though he was a cripple in this life, but he could still carry a woman in his shoulders and walk. On earth, however, everything is entirely different, the strength of the body is different, the longevity of people is different, and the society is different. On earth probably you would not even find a job if you were a normal person, but here as long as you level up, your body would become strong and in his case with the cane and his skills would make him even go in dungeons, so with that thought Van directly said yes in his mind.

 

New mission: Repair the Dragon Head Cane to grade 1.

Gather: 50 mana stones of rank 2, 10 mithril ores,  50 golden ores, 1-kilogram Holy water from church, claws from level 10 bear.

(It seems Master you weren't wrong, for you now is indeed impossible but is not that hard if you are rich or if you become stronger.)

"Only grade 1? How many grades can a weapon be upgraded system?"

(Hmm, first there is the 3 normal grades Master that anyone can wield, even you master who is level 2. But the weapons that are grade 4 and higher can only be wielded by those that are above level 49.)

"Interesting." Said Van and continued to say:

"This cane seems pretty good, and it appears like this active skill is making me not to feel pain in my right leg, right?"

(Yes, that is correct, even though the Goddess didn't give it to you directly, and gave you the mission that only if you level up you can earn it, the active skill was allowed to help you otherwise, you couldn't escape from there, could you?)

"And why didn't she give it to me since the beginning?" Asked Van, but pretty much kind of knows why.

(Well, it would not help you anyway even if you used it as a weapon against the guards. All the guards there with no exception could kill you, so it was no worth it, so the Goddess didn't give it to you because if you died the cane will not come back to her, so only if you escaped and had the fate to live on could this cane belongs to you.)

Van just sighed because he knew that this is going to happen, all that mission that the Goddess gave him was just a test. Just like school, it gives you all those things to learn and then puts you away and tells you to survive just like the Goddess.

Van has experienced this since earth after he learned all those years in school, at the end of the day it comes to one point experience, and if you don't have the experience, all that learning might be all for nothing If he didn't work hard in his writing career he would indeed be hikikomori just like his parents called him behind his back. Shaking his head out of his thoughts, he said.

'Status open'

Name: Van Daw   

Race: High Human

Job: Crown Prince

Class: none

Equipment: Ragged clothes, boots

State: Normal

Level: 2

Hp : 100 --> 105, Mp :50 --> 54, Str : 20 --> 23, Agi : 20 --> 23, Int : 45 --> 46, Dex : 15 --> 18

Skills: Slave break, 'Sneak level 1 new,' 'Mana Sensitivity Level 1 new,'

Titles: 'Breaker of chains,'

Missions Available: Name the system with your blood making a contract, you will earn a Law.

New Missions Available: Repair the Dragon Head Cane to grade 1.

Gather: 50 mana stones of rank 2, 10 mithril ores, 50 golden ores, 1-kilogram of Holy water from church, claws from level 10 bear.

 

If you have any questions, you'll find me at the comment section.

Thank you for reading my book. And enjoy

3