(Volume 2) 9: First Loss, First win
141 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Many adventures, mercenaries, and soldiers entered the dungeons with dreams of becoming rich or finding some ancient weapons and becoming even more stronger.

However, most of them don't come out of the dungeons ever again. Some of them don't even pass the first floor, and even when they die, they might be offended by people saying: overestimating your own capabilities, trash, etc.

The real reason for being killed varies, they might be lacking the capabilities, just like the other people said. Or they might not have caught sight of a trap, or they were assassinated inside the dungeons, some unfortunate people just stepped into a bug, etc.

Van took a deep breath and stepped forward, the moment he did, he saw the path that was empty before was not now. Before Van was a skeleton that was holding a sword, the moment he saw Van, he rushed towards him. If it was any other person they would have seen, that this skeleton even to be called trash doesn't deserve it.

Van stopped for a moment he wondered how a skeleton could even be standing. His worldview was already crushed too many times, but now it turned to ashes, and that brought him back to his senses.

But it was already too late the skeleton was close to him, the skeleton has already raised his sword and slashed at him. Van didn't retreat, but he thrust the cane way faster than the skeleton, the tip of the cane penetrated the mouth of the skeleton taking his head off, but the sword of the skeleton was closing to him.

If Van had retreated since he came back to his senses, it would be okay, but he chose a path of mutual destruction. When he saw the sword coming for his neck, Van could only close his eyes and think: What am I doing?

(Master.)

'Clang'

A noise came that made Van open his eyes to see. What he saw was the sword flying away and an arrow, turning back, he could see Akka who had a disappointed look, and Van felt like someone threw him a bucket of cold water.

No one talked after that, Akka just entered her tent with a disappointed look, and Van just sat down close to the tent, and just nodded repeatedly to the system that he was fine.

It was a short fight, but he never experienced something like this. Being close to the boundaries of life and death made him realize how much of a fool and weak he is.

After that incident, Van trained with his sensitivity skill, but no matter what, he couldn't find a way to see more than just five meters around him.

"You, what are you doing?" A voice came to Van that made him shocked. Opening his eyes, he could see Akka standing there in front of him with a frown on her face.

"I'm training my sensitivity skill, but I can't find a way to see past the five meters around me." Van said as he lowered his head.

"Well, you can't rush it. This skill is more for the blind people, and those who aren't blind just use it to feel the mana of a weapon or people and is very useful when you are fighting against an opponent. But these things you can only discover in time, not rushing it." Said Akka as she began to lecture him and what made Van speechless, was that this skill he was training was more for the blinded people. He was already a cripple, does the world wants for him to be also blind? Van had a bad feeling all of a sudden.

"Here, take this. And I know it is just a little bit, but we need to ration it because we don't know how many months we will stay here." Said Akka as she gave Van 2 pieces of bread again and continued to say:

"After you eat, go and train there again. Those skeletons are weak, try to sneak attack them. Plus, there is only one left there, we are not moving forward until you defeat it." Akka said as she waved her hand and made her way to her tent again. But she stopped this time and turned back to him.

"And don't think I'll help you again if you don't even protect yourself from trash, then you are worse than trash." Said Akka with a cold voice and an aura that Van couldn't understand assaulted him, and made him breathe hard. Akka just entered her tent, leaving Van there who had an ugly look on his face. But he could understand her, and he is already grateful enough that she saved his life. Van sat down and began to eat the cold bread that Akka gave him, and started to think about a lot of things.

(Master, why don't you try to get used to Haste skill.)

"I'll do that."

Grabbing the Dragon Head Cane, he whispered the name of the skill in his mind and began to move.

Just like the name implies, the haste skill can make a person run three times faster. But it also eats five mana per second, and Van knew this because the system told him, but he also knew about this skill since earth in video games. But on the earth he remembers this skill eats a lot more mana, that's why he didn't use it for too long, only a couple of times to get used to it. But he was surprised; nonetheless, it was like the skill was made for cripples like him.

"System does everyone can learn this skill just like the skill night eyes that Akka gave me."

(No Master, not everyone can learn a lot of skills, and the book that woman gave you should be too expensive. But you will learn these things when you get out of here, but for now, try to kill that skeleton otherwise that woman might really abandon you.) Said the System as she explains everything, and at the end of the explaining, she warns him and chuckles slightly.

"I'm ready this time." Van said as he slowly walks towards the other side of the formation. Even though his blood boils like a rabbit that wants to run, but he still walks forward.

Van saw another skeleton, and this one was close to the door. The skeleton was just standing there and didn't detect him at all, so Van charged at him with haste skill. He didn't sneak attacked it because it's impossible, his cane makes too much noise to allow him too.

This strike was stronger than his previous one that defeated the first skeleton. He was two levels above his, plus he has the mana sensitivity skill, he instinctively put mana inside the cane and brought out a heat from within. He thrust the cane at the skeleton spine that hasn't detected him yet and burned it to pieces.

"Very good, it seems like you are getting used to mana sensitivity skill a little bit." A voice came behind Van who was breathing hard for the moment, he turned around and saw that Akka was standing behind him and she continued to say.

"As a person with inventory who are called trash by everyone, it seems like you have some talent." Said Akka with a smile on her face.

"You, how do you know?" Van was surprised. He never told her about this, not that he wanted to hide it, but he just forgot about it and stayed like that.

"Humph, well we were together until we arrived here, and you only had a broom first, then you have a cane in the next moment, of course, if you don't have an inventory then what do you have?" Akka said with 'Isn't it obvious' expression.

"And why are those with inventory called trash?" Van didn't understand, even though people who have inventory might be useless in fights. But they can store a lot of things, after all, probably not a mountain like him, but enough to be respected and not called trash.

"Because those with inventory don't store too many items inside, and buying a ring inventory is more convenient. And you can just have it with you all the time, and everyone can buy it if they want one, after all." While Akka explained to him, Van listened to her and also put the sword of the skeleton inside his inventory. He didn't check it because it's useless to him.

Going back close to the tent, this time they both eat their cold bread near each other, sometimes in a silent dungeon is better to have a companion, is not only for strength support but also mental that is more important.

After they eat their cold bread in silence, they both said goodnight and went to sleep.

 

Well in the end it was a lame fight.
What would they find in this inheritance site?
Or they would not find anything at all but be swallowed by it.
Too many questions i want to know.
Make comments if you like the story or if you have any complain. 

1