(Volume 2) 16: The phases
115 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Someone with that kind of power has been able to create something familiar to a dungeon, but in the end, this is still an inheritance site, not a dungeon." Akka said with a sigh, also lamenting the fact that even someone with that kind of power cannot reach the level of Gods. Van only tilted his head, not understanding what she was trying to say.

Seeing his expression, Akka could only sigh as she continued to say. "Dungeons and the inheritance sites have their differences, but in the end, the most crucial thing is time." Said Akka, emphasizing the word time, and she continued to say:

"Dungeons that are created by Gods are eternal, but dungeons that are created by mortals are not. They have a time limit, and when the time comes, the dungeon slowly begins the phase of deteriorating."

"Don't tell me it will blow up?" Asked Van while joking, as he didn't know how to react to her words, he can only hope that the lady luck was with them.

"No, not yet at least, that's the final stage, the first stage of a deteriorated inheritance is that it doesn't provide any more mana support for the creatures that live inside. The mana support is basically food for these creatures, it also has a positive effect on one's vital, and once that runs out...

"They began to kill each other." Interrupted Van by saying that with a frown, but he doesn't see why it was bad for them, wasn't this good news?

As she realized what he was thinking, she continued to say. "That's the first phase, the second phase, however, is what's worst in our situation. Basically, as you've seen at the entrance of the dungeon, every floor should have a barrier so the monsters won't escape from the dungeons, and also for the weak level monsters to not mix with level higher monsters. It was made like this for the sake of the adventures so they won't face higher-level monster since the beginning."

"So basically we have passed the first two phases, and now we are in the third one." Akka said with a sigh.

"What's the third phase? Don't leave me hanging here."

"Well, basically, after the two phases that is totally the slaughter of the weak monsters, the strong monsters that have survived will try to leave from the dungeon."

"Wait, does that mean..." Said Van fearfully, after experiencing a lot of things since he died the first time, the word death isn't that fearful anymore for him, dying is just part of life after all, even though this might be his last life, but being eaten by some monster and ending up in their belly it's what terrifies him the most right now.

But Akka just chuckles slightly, seeing him like that. "Don't worry, those monsters will not come here but will try to leave fast from the dungeon, when you were unconscious, there were already some of them who were heading at the entrance of the dungeon, we just have to wait here for some time."

"And why the monsters will not come here?" Asked Van in doubt.

"I used a formation that it was given to me by... well, anyway, how did you kill the wolf?" Asked Akka trying to put what she thought in her back of her mind as she asked curiously.

She was indeed very shocked when she saw the grey wolf dead, she estimated, that the wolf was an lv20 to lv25, and that level 25 wolf was killed by a level 5 human, she couldn't believe it at all, even though she thought of something, but she dismissed it directly.

"I killed the wolf?" Asked Van shocked, didn't Akka saved him? Seeing him like that, Akka couldn't dismiss the thought that entered her mind, yet again. But even though she knows that she hasn't very particular knowledge in that area, but at least she knows what is to be known...

(Master, you better check your status.) The system said with a trouble tone.

Even though Van was surprised by the trouble tone of the system, he still followed her words.

"Status Open."

'Ding'

{You killed a level 28 grey wolf.}

{You have leveled up.}

{You have leveled up.}

{You have leveled up.}

{You have leveled up.}

{+1 Defence}

{The grey wolf has blessed you with a gift. See the gift at the inventory.}

Before he could see his status, a lot of notifications came to him.

"So, in the end, it was me who killed the wolf, and strange why did he bless me?" Van was surprised, seeing the level that the wolf had, it was impossible for him to kill it, and yet here he was, alive and well, he could only think of something but for now he let that thought to be buried deep inside his mind.

(Master, we can discuss later how you killed the wolf, see the status first and the inventory.)

Van raised an eyebrow hearing this. Nonetheless, he still said:

"Status open."

Name: Van Daw   

Race: High Human

Job: Crown Prince

Class: none

Equipment: {Leather and Metal Set Equipment, Grade 1}

State: Normal

Inventory: Iron swords x15, Iron armor x10, Skeletons x7, Wolf egg.

Level: 5 --> 9

Hp : 120 --> 140, Mp : 66 --> 82,                                                                                                                                       

Str : 32 --> 44, Agi : 32 --> 44 + 12,                                                                                                                                    

Int : 47, Dex : 27 --> 39 + 2

Skills: Slave Breaker, Sneak Level 1, Mana Sensitivity skill Level 1, Detection skill Level 1,

Titles: Breaker of chains,

Missions available: Name the System with your blood making a contract, you will earn a law.

Missions available: Repair the Dragon Head Cane to Grade 1.

Gather: 50 mana stones of rank 2, 10 mithril ores, 50 golden ores, 1 kilogram of Holy water from church, Claws from a level 10 bear.

New missions available: Conquer the Nebraska Tomb.

"What?" Van's voice full of surprise was heard inside the tent, making Akka who was drinking tea look at him and wonder what happened now.

Make a rating if you like the story.

2