(Volume 2) 19: Despair (1)
108 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shouldn't we be leaving by now?"

"We haven't finished the game yet. Until someone wins 100 points, remember?" Akka said while gritting her teeth.

"Ok!" Van felt helpless and can only nod and play with her.

Currently, they were playing the game called domino that was a quite known game at his old home. Van was surprised when he heard Akka's invitation to play this game. He never thought that he would play this game again and that this game even existed in this world. But he didn't ask any questions about who created this game because he kind of guessed that some otherworld person might have come before him and spread this game in this world.

Two days have passed since Akka fought against the Undead Knight. Van was shocked that day when he saw Akka returning with blood all over her shoulder. He never thought that this dungeon possessed the strength to wound Akka. After all, Akka is someone that the system said is a strong character at the higher levels.

But in the end, what left Van speechless the most was that the moment Akka sat down. She began to drink small bottles of different colors that Van, later on, found out that they were called potions. And according to the system, even though she wasn't too sure, the potions were all expensive ones.

"And with this here, I win." Said Van as he put a 4-5 and felt relieved that the game finally was over. After staying here for two days, Akka has pestered him to play this game with her. Even though a complicated feeling arose inside him when he was playing the game. He couldn't say no to Akka, could he?

She has saved his life multiple times, and at least he could for her was to repay her with these little things. If it was any other game, he wouldn't mind playing, after all, in this place that only the tent illuminates the dark, there was nothing to do. But this game Van used to play it with his father and felt complicated feelings, remembering the old memories. He wondered what went wrong, but he can only sigh and try to let those thoughts in the back of his mind.

Of course, Akka has noticed his depressed mood when she mentioned this game to him for the first time. Even though she doesn't know why he was depressed, she nonetheless insisted to play this game with him. She also has other interesting stuff at her inventory to pass time, but she insisted on this game because she wanted him to get over it, whatever, he was feeling, before they enter deeper into the dungeon. That was her first purpose why she insisted to play this game with him at the beginning. But alas, she began to feel irritated because he began to wipe the floor with her. He would win every game, and that didn't make her feel good.

"Just one more game!" Akka said while shooting her fist to the ground. And to Van, it felt like a puff exploded in her head, and smoke came out. Cracking noises were heard not from her hand but from the ground that felt like it was being abused.

"No, you said it yourself, that it's better that we should get going." Said Van in a solemn tone. After he saw her wounded, of course, he asked her what monster she was fighting. But she didn't say anything but only responded that they would be staying here for two days, and then they should continue moving again.

"Fine!" Said Akka with a groan but also cooled down a little after she heard him say that. After feeling that pressure that appeared when she was in the middle of the fight with the undead knight. She knew for sure that she would be dead if she confronted whatever creature that was. That's why she wanted to leave this place as soon as possible. Plus, she also knew that the time limit of the deteriorated inheritance is ticking down. Even though she doesn't know when this place will blow up, it might be today or even after some years, but she didn't want it to leave it up to fate.

"Let's go then." Akka said as she left the tent with Van following behind. After putting the tent inside her ring inventory, they moved slowly towards the door.

Van sighed after seeing the light gone, and he could only once again depend on the night eyes skill.

"Before we open the door, put a defense shield on us." Said Akka without looking back.

Van nodded and used {Defense Shield} on both of them.

Opening the door slowly, Akka looked outside and beckoned Van to follow her. They both used sneak skill and walked at the side of the wall. Van was a little nervous at first, but at least he can see Akka in front of him, and that made him relax a little.

Akka gave a last glimpse with a pained heart towards the door, or should we say towards the defensive formation that she used there. The defense formation that she used was only one time usable. At first, she didn't feel good that she used it here, but after seeing all sorts of high-level monsters. She was glad that she did, otherwise, who knows what would've happened. These monsters were strange that sometimes even her sneak skill doesn't work on them.

"That's the door that we should be going." Said Akka to Van with a whisper, and Van only nodded.

A whistling sound came from the door, and a shadow entered the room but stopped in the mid-air while flapping its wings.

A palm-sized bat was flapping his wings in mid-air and stopped there for a few seconds while looking around. As Akka was thinking, if she should kill it or not, the bat moved towards the door of the first floor. When Akka sighed in relief, after all, she might kill it, but who knows if she attracts something else. The bat made a turn and flapped its wings and shot towards them while making high pitched screeching sound, making Akka pissed off in regret.

"Deal with it." Whispered Akka to Van, but he doesn't know if there is any point in whispering anymore.

When the dragon head cane made contact with the soft, flesh skin of the bat, Van was surprised by how delicate its body was. Van expected some resistance from the body of the monster, but instead, he cut it in half easily like a knife through butter.

{You killed a par...}

Van didn't have time to see the notification as Akka dragged him away with a speed that made Van dizzy.

After they entered inside the door that every monster has come out, what they saw would make them tremble for nights to come.

1