Chapter 60
250 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you mean by this, Master Tatsuya?"

"Aren't the Cloud Shinobi attacking Sunagakure? How could they direct a sneak attack on Konoha?"

The words Tatsuya had just spoken left the three people in the room utterly sceptical.

Was Cloud Shinobi planning to launch a covert assault on Konoha? Weren't they en route to the Kingdom of Wind?

"Use your brain for a moment—think about it. Would Cloud Shinobi's strongest third Raikage fit into the desolate desert of the Sand Shinobi?" Tatsuya explained, looking at the trio in succession.

Cloud Shinobi Village, having abstained from making too risky moves in the Second Ninja War was currently at the height of its strength. It wasn't unexpected for them to initiate the war.

However, their choice of the Land of Wind as their target was fishy, to say the least.

A little contemplation would suffice to deduce the motives. The Land of Fire, closer and abundant in natural resources was a suitable battlefield. On the other hand, the Land of Wind is barren and full of sand...

Although the previous generations of Raikage were often depicted as brawns over brains, they weren't entirely foolish.

"In simpler terms, Cloud Shinobi's general attack is directed at Sunagakure, yet as soon as Konoha's forces are relocated to the Suna front. Cloud Shinobi intends to launch a surprise offensive from the north!"

Kurenai suddenly grasped the situation, exclaiming, "We have to inform the Hokage right away!"

"No need for that," Tatsuya interjected, placing a hand on Kureani's head to stop her.

"Why? Why not?" Kurenai's large crimson eyes were brimming with puzzlement.

"If Hokage-sama's doesn't make more errors. How can you, Tsunade-sama, sit in the Hokage's seat?" Tatsuya wore a mischievous smile.

Ensuring Konoha's victory in the Third Ninja World War was a rather straightforward task.

He, Sakumo and Tsunade, all of whom didn't actively participate in the original timeline could collectively alter the course of the war once they entered the fray.

However, mere victory wasn't enough; a resounding triumph would be needed. That outcome would surely echo the events of the prior Ninja World War.

Tatsuya needed to devise a means of tripping up Sarutobi Hiruzen. It was time for him to step down. At present, his inability to discern Cloud Shinobi's covert attack strategy marked his first blunder.

Uchiha Mikoto listened with sheer bewilderment. Her husband had long coveted the position of Hokage but his lack of strength had rendered him helpless.

However, Tatsuya's plan had illuminated the path for her. She understood it now. Her husband's flaw wasn't limited to strength alone; he lacked strategic insight.

With Tatsuya's cunning, Sarutobi Hiruzen could be overwhelmed. Power alone was insufficient to evoke fear; it needed to be accompanied by a tactical spine. Uchiha clan's only recourse was to tread cautiously.

"Mikoto, when you return, remember what to share and what to withhold," Nawaki advised, addressing his old classmate.

"I won't divulge a thing!" Uchiha Mikoto responded, her voice trembling.

With a final nod, she hastened away, a sense of fear palpable. Hopefully, her stress hadn't adversely affected her unborn child.

"Finally setting off!"

On the second day, at the main entrance of Konoha Village. Obito, who was following his sensei Namikaze Minato exclaimed excitedly, "It's a miracle that we're not running late."

Kakashi squinted at Obito with a hint of disdain in his eyes.

Of course, he understood very well why Obito, who was usually not known for punctuality had managed to arrive so early today. It was because Tsunade-sama, the head of the medical department, was leading them to the battlefield in the Kingdom of Wind.

And naturally, her three disciples, including Rin, were to accompany her.

'At last, I'll get to go on a mission with my goddess,' Obito thought with bubbling excitement. He hadn't been able to sleep all night unaware that this was not some leisurely picnic.

"Oh, here they come!"

Suddenly, Obito's eyes lit up, and he waved his arm while shouting, "Rin! Over here! Come this way!"

Four figures approached slowly, including Rin, Obito's beloved goddess.

"Tsunade-sama, I'm relying on you once again this time," Minato said, bowing his head and saluting.

"It'd be better if I didn't come. You wouldn't have to share the credit with me," Tsunade retorted with her characteristic sharpness.

"No, no, I've never thought of it that way," Minato hurriedly reassured.

Tsunade chose not to continue the banter. Her less-than-friendly attitude toward Minato was primarily due to his close association with the old man Sarutobi, which often left her feeling displeased.

"Rin, we're going to be on a mission together this time," Obito exclaimed, a playful smirk on his face.

Rin responded with her usual gentle smile.

"Disgusting," Kakashi muttered under his breath on the side.

"Here, Obito," Rin said, producing a white medical kit from behind and handing it to Obito.

"You're giving this to me?" Obito's cheeks flushed slightly.

After a moment's hesitation, Rin nodded slightly. Just as Obito's heart was soaring like a breeze. Rin's next words hit him like a lightning bolt from a clear sky, "Well, it's for you and Kakashi. Please take it."

"Tatsuya-san."

At that moment, Minato and the others spotted Tatsuya who was leisurely strolling with a hip flask and called out to him.

"No need to be so formal; I'm just a Genin, here to bid you farewell."

As soon as the word "Genin" escaped Tatsuya's lips, a palpable chill seemed to sweep over everyone present.

The dissatisfaction of Tatsuya was becoming noticeable.

"Rin, what do you mean by saying you want to offer support?" Obito asked, his brows knitted in confusion.

"I'm sorry, Obito, but I won't be joining you on this mission. I'll remain in the village with Master Tatsuya," Rin explained apologetically, clasping her hands together.

Obito's expression froze instantly. So, it hadn't been a miscalculation after all!

"Uncle, what's going on?" Kakashi's brows furrowed in confusion as well as he looked at Tatsuya.

"It's a bit complicated to explain right now. I'll share the details when the opportunity arises," Tatsuya replied vaguely.

He couldn't reveal that he was doing this to prevent Uchiha Madara from using Rin as a pawn. The true reason was too complex and unbelievable.

For Rin, a gentle and kind-hearted girl, the idea of becoming a tool of Uchiha Madara was too agonizing.

That's why Tatsuya had chosen this path. Yet, he couldn't help but be curious. If Rin was no longer in danger, what would happen to Obito and Kakashi?

 

READ 40 CHAPTERS AHEAD ON P*TREON.C*M/MARIONI

15