Chapter 61
219 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kakashi, Obito, Kurenai, and Shizune. Be safe and cautious on the battlefield."

After Rin bid farewell to her classmates by waving them goodbye. She followed Tatsuya's lead and left.

Obito's gaze remained fixed on Rin, who was trailing Tatsuya. He observed her closely, his thoughts unspoken.

"Why does Rin follow him? It's puzzling. Could it be that Tatsuya-san has feelings for Rin?"

"That's quite an exaggeration, isn't it? You fool."

Kakashi couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in response. Both Kakashi and Obito were wary of their uncle's antics. A 20-year age difference makes the idea seem impossible.

However, Kakashi suddenly noticed Kurenai's sour expression beside him, causing him to inhale sharply. It seemed as though the impossible but wasn't entirely out of the question.

Both Tatsuya's and Tsunade's teams headed in different directions. A white Zetsu stealthily emerged from a corner of the Konoha wall.

Observing Rin and Obito vanishing into the distance. White Zetsu muttered to himself in distress, "Things aren't going well; I better report back."

...

...

Several days later, Sarutobi Hiruzen received a message.

The Konoha reinforcements, led by Minato and Tsunade, had successfully reached the military camp of the Sand Shinobi stationed in the northern land of Wind.

Upon arrival, they immediately joined forces with the Sand Shinobi and engaged in battle against the Cloud Shinobi.

However, the outcome was unexpected. Even the highly expected upcoming genius, Minato had been defeated by the Third Raikage.

"Should we send more reinforcements, Lord Hokage?" inquired Hokage's Chief Aide Nara Shikaku, seeking suggestions.

"...No need."

The look of dismay on Hiruzen's face swiftly vanished as he calmly responded, "We've already extended our benevolence with this level of reinforcement. There's no need to send any other shinobi to Sunagakure."

Despite allying with the Sand Shinobi, Hiruzen wasn't ready to aid them fully in this battle.

He would provide some support, but not enough to jeopardize Konoha's interests. If their combined forces suffered a loss, he intended for Minato and his team to withdraw promptly.

Hiruzen didn't care much about the Cloud Shinobi's actions in the land of Wind, as long as they didn't directly affect Konoha's objectives.

"Cloud Shinobi's target probably isn't the Sunagakure," Shikaku thought to himself, sweat forming on his forehead.

Though lacking Tatsuya's extraordinary perspective, Shikaku's keen mind allowed him to perceive that the Cloud Shinobi's assault on the Sungakure was suspicious.

It didn't make sense for the Kumogakure to avoid a clash with the prosperous neighbouring Konoha and instead target the weaker and a land full of desert-like Sungakure.

Recalling the whispered warning he received from Tatsuya the day before--"Don't speak about things you shouldn't"-- Shikaku quelled the urge to voice his suspicions.

He had a vague idea of Tatsuya's intentions, which led him to have a long discussion with his close friends Inoichi and Choza that lasted through the night.

They collectively decided to maintain a neutral stance and avoid entanglement in this affair.

They couldn't afford to offend either Hiruzen, the cunning strategist who could eliminate the Senju clan, or Hatake Tatsuya, who could infiltrate enemy villages and kill their Kage-level Shinobi.

Their strategy was to stay low and avoid making enemies on either side.

...

...

"As expected," Tatsuya muttered to himself upon receiving news of Minato's initial defeat. Several days had elapsed since the battle had taken place.

Unlike Hiruzen's well-established intelligence network, Tatsuya had not requested Tsunade to send him updates daily.

Such constant updates weren't necessary for once he learned of a matter, most of the villagers would likely already be aware of it.

Upon hearing this news, Tatsuya's expression remained impassive, showing no signs of surprise. The title of the Third Hokage as the "strongest" seemed to be an exaggeration at best.

On the other hand, the Third Raikage's claim to being the "strongest" was well-founded, with his unbreakable defence even resisting Minato's famed Rasengan.

Though Minato had mastered the Flying Thunder God Technique, his most potent offensive technique was the Big Ball Rasengan.

It wouldn't be easy to breach the Third Raikage's Lightning Style Chakra Mode. In the 4th Ninja war if Minato didn't have Kurama's Chakra he would be as useful as Hiruzen.

"Is the Third Raikage really that formidable? What a pity," Tatsuya mused, a tinge of disappointment in his voice.

He recalled that in the original timeline, Naruto had managed to defeat the Third Raikage, albeit with some assistance.

Furthermore, the Impure World Reincarnation might not have showcased the Third Raikage's true capabilities during his lifetime. Tatsuya was eager to challenge the Third Raikage's seemingly invincible defence with his sword.

"Tatsuya-sama have some oranges," Rin offered, interrupting his thoughts.

Tatsuya glanced at the oranges with its peel still on. "Aren't you going to peel it?"

Rin's eyes widened at the suggestion. Peel it? Did he expect her to do that? Suppressing her annoyance. Rin began to peel the orange as elegantly as possible.

Before she could finish, an afterimage appeared beside Tatsuya.

"Tatsuya, there's an urgent matter." Sakumo's serious expression caught Tatsuya's attention.

"Let's go then," Tatsuya said with a slight smile, as Rin, her half-peeled orange forgotten, trailed closely behind him.

"Is it the A-B Combo?" Tatsuya asked Sakumo as they made their way through the village.

"Yes, A and Killer B are launching a rather aggressive attack. With five thousand troops in the vanguard alone," Sakumo confirmed. "Your ability to see through invading plans is becoming quite frightening, Tatsuya."

Tatsuya responded with a light chuckle, not offering a direct answer. He wasn't the type to rely solely on intellect, unlike the Nara clan. His ability to discern the Cloud Shinobi's true target resulted from his understanding of their personalities.

Indeed, character shapes destiny. Tatsuya continued, "Let them witness the true power of the most formidable ninja combination currently alive. But perhaps you won't even be necessary; I might be enough to handle them all."

Sakumo cautioned, "Underestimating the enemy can lead to significant losses."

Tatsuya acknowledged the advice with a nod.

READ 45 CHAPTERS AHEAD ON P*TREON.C*M/MARIONI

14