Chapter 65
290 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yo, listen up, here's the deal, Number one ninja village, that's the real deal, Top-notch defence, fortifications tight, Breaking through here ain't gonna be light!"

In the battlefield area on the border between the nations of the Land of Hot Water and the Land of Fire, Killer B, who is less than 20 years old but has warmed up to Eight-Tails somewhat, hummed a strange RAP and turned to his brother, A who was beside him:

"Yo, big bro, let's scheme this right, Raikage-sama's power, join the fight tonight. Break through the barriers, side by side we'll go, Together we'll conquer, no stopping, just flow!"

Bang!!

A was furious and Roared at Killer B, "You imbecile! Can't you be more serious on the battlefield? You mess up every important task. If it weren't for Konoha's strength. Do you think my father and I would have a hard time dealing with them?"

After Killer B quieted down, A explained, "Father is currently tied up dealing with Sand Shinobi and Konoha, so he can't leave that front at the moment. There's supposedly a guy around your age, called Golden Flash who's quite challenging to deal with."

"But it's fine; even without my father, we can break through the defences of Konoha!"

As he spoke, A cracked his knuckles creating a series of satisfying clicks.

"Let's do it! Lord A!" Shouted a special Jōnin from the Cloud Shinobi nearby.

A, Killer B and the others looked up. On the distant horizon, numerous dots had appeared rapidly growing larger within their field of vision.

In less than ten seconds, the newcomers came into full view. The Shinobi Army of Konoha!

"Is that the Konoha Black Knife who defeated the second Kazekageat at the end of the last war?"

 A was particularly interested in regarding any information about Tatsuya. Killer B gestured with both hands, hummed, and chimed in, "He uses a Sword? Hey, big brother, leave that guy to me! Gyuki and I will have some fun with him. You can handle others!"

"Alright, but be cautious. I've heard that he's different from White Fang, who excels in lightning style. He's exceptionally skilled in fire style, and once the flames are started burning, they can't be extinguished. You need to be careful, got it?"

After A's caution, he suddenly noticed another individual at the forefront of the Konoha Shinobi's army. The weathered face, just over fifty but heavily lined, left A in disbelief. "Is that... Danzo?"

Naturally, A had heard of Danzo's name. However, wasn't the renowned old man who was quite scheming always operating from the shadows in Konoha?

Why was he now on the frontlines of the battlefield? Could something have happened to Konoha? No, where were White Fang and Jiraiya?

Regardless, Sarutobi Hiruzen could manage Konoha on his own. So why did they send Danzo?

"It seems that, given the circumstances of Konoha's army. Danzo must be the overall commander, right?"

A's hair seemed to stand on end, resembling Hatake Sakumo's, as he conjured a thunderous armour enveloping his body.

"B, taking Danzo down should seriously undermine Konoha's morale, right?"

With that declaration, A shot forward like a heavy missile.

The tremendous impact shattered the ground he had stood on moments ago, generating a powerful shockwave that nearly knocked over other Cloud Shinobi nearby.

"Take care of the Black Fang, then!"

A shouted without looking back.

Killer B flung eight short blades into the air in succession, clamping them between his teeth, elbows, armpits, and knees.

In the next instant, he spiralled toward the Konoha army, assuming this peculiar posture. The Cloud Shinobi Ninja Army behind him erupted with an unyielding aura, all yelling and charging at the Konoha Army.

"Master Danzo, A is targeting you!"

Hyuga Hizashi, who had foreseen the A-B combination's tactics, alerted Danzo and Tatsuya, "Master Tatsuya, the Jinchuriki of the Eight-Tails is headed your way!"

And as Hyuga Hizashi shouted. Tatsuya had already flashed forward to confront Killer B. Killer B's expression abruptly changed, and he muttered: "Gyuki in the house, feeling the speed, Faster than my big bro, that's a crazy lead,"

Clang!

In the next instant, the blades of Tatsuya and Killer B clashed which ignited a shower of sparks.

"Well, this feels strange."

At the moment of collision between Tatsuya's and Killer B's blades.

Even the demeanour of the Eight-Tails within the sealed space shifted subtly. This strange chakra, accompanied by a deep sense of anxiety, What could it be...?

"The son of the Third Raikage, a lightning-style ninja? It seems you are unfamiliar with wind style."

On the other side, Danzo's tone remained solemn, devoid of fear. The lightning release was meant to be countered by his wind style!

"Wind Style: Vacuum Continuous Waves!"

Observing A approach cloaked in lightning-style chakra armour. Danzo's hand seals were executed at astonishing speed, causing scythe-like wind blades to burst forth from his mouth.

"Hmph!"

Confronted by the oncoming wind blades, a smug grin played across A's face. With a sudden blue flash, he vanished from Danzo's view letting the wind blades pass through nothing.

In the blink of an eye, he reappeared to Danzo's right.

"I am not as fast as Tobirama-sensei, but you can't escape my perception." Danzo's cold voice rang out as he swung a kunai the moment A materialized.

Yet, the kunai he released broke into two upon contact with A's waist.

"Hahahaha!!!"

Tatsuya could no longer hold back and burst into laughter, one hand covering his mouth, after distancing himself from Killer B.

This duel resembled an infamous scene from the original timeline.

The reminder that Danzo had attempted to use a kunai against Susanoo. With all its grandeur and possessing multiple Sharingan. Danzo still used a kunai against Susano. His defeat was a reminder of his foolishness.

Apart from Tatsuya, Killer B was equally baffled by Danzo's actions. Hadn't this old man ever heard of his older brother's name?

Even if he hadn't, the Lightning Style Chakra armour was a famous jutsu passed down through generations of Raikage.

As a disciple of the Second Hokage, Senju Tobirama, Danzo should have seen the Second Raikage's jutsus in the First Ninja War, right?

A himself was flabbergasted, as the kunai was thrown at him. What was the purpose of this?

A fient?

"Indeed, quite resilient." Danzo frowned and muttered.

"You fool!" A felt that his intelligence had been insulted by facing such an opponent. His left hand melded into a hand blade, and a surge of Lightning Style Chakra erupted forth.

"Lightning Style: Hell Stab!"

READ 40 CHAPTERS AHEAD ON P*TREON.C*M/MARIONI

12