Technomancer in MCU #75
492 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer - I don’t own anything. Please support the official release.

Chapter 75

Technomancer in MCU

–Alfred–

Already he could see cracks forming on the seal that prevented Jake from spilling his personal dimension in the universe but he was sure that the seal would hold on until the disintegration spell was ready.

It had to. 

Otherwise, they would just be getting rid of the lesser evil, paving the way for a much greater evil to arrive in their universe.

The One Below All was hardly the most benevolent entity in the multiverse.

________________________________________________________________

–Alfred–

With a furious roar, Toby broke out of his spell, his shiny new body being able to withstand the backlash of the spell collapsing with ease.

“Your Precious Ancient One used the same spell before dying, dear Nephew. You should realise by now that it is meaningless to try and bind m–what?” midway through his ridiculous villain monologue, he finally noticed the bright green energy funnel that had formed in front of Jake.

Eric was seemingly tapped out as he panted for breath, his suit creating a containment chamber for him and slowly transporting him away from Jake who had a furious storm of Gamma energy in front of him.

“I can’t hold on to this any longer, Alfred. Now would be a good time to do what you are best at,” Jake said with gritted teeth as the toll of handling such a massive amount of chaotic gamma energy could be visible on his body. Already cracks could be seen forming on his hands and they were already spreading to the rest of his torso, green light leaking out of them.

Snapping Toby into place with a simple application of Eldritch whip which was enhanced using his very own faith energy, he crashed behind Jake, absentmindedly conjuring a barrier to shield Eric from the fallout of the undoubtedly most powerful spell he was about to conjure up.

With a flick of his hand, a golden circle manifested in front of the funnel that was going out of control as Jake finally reached the limits of his innate abilities. The circle began absorbing the gamma energy in front of Jake, gaining a greenish tint to the circle.

He could see Toby struggling to break through the whips as even he must have realised that something was wrong by now. His struggles became even more violent once he imbued the spell with the highest level of faith energy output he could. 

With the spell circle on the verge of destabilising due to the sheer amount of energy within it, the whips surrounding Toby disappeared and then he uttered the one word that made the whole world go white, “Ş̴́́̓͑̚ḳ̸̲̬̰̤̤̔͐̈͗͝ā̷͔̈́͝d̶̨̼͎͛̋̀͌o̷̤͛̈́͆͝ŏ̵̰̹s̸̜̒͐̒̄ͅh̷̬͎̖̳͋͐̊̆”

The resulting impact made the entire dimension shudder but thankfully, no cracks appeared and soon, he could feel the self-repairing mechanisms kick in, restoring the dimension to the base state.

Of course, the base state meant that the vast area in front of him was still a smoking crater that could only be described as a white wasteland as all the matter that was put into place to make it resemble Earth, had vaporised.

“Did we do it? Did he die?” Jake said after he dispelled the barrier that protected him from the aftermath of the spell. Jake was panting as he held his one limp arm at the side, the stress of handling that much energy proving too much for him. But, he could already see his regen kick in and repair the cracks that had appeared all over his body but it would seem that his arm would require special treatment to be functional again.

From the corner of his eyes, he could see Frank deactivating his aura and Eric slumping on the ground in relief because of the seeming death of Toby.

He would have loved to confirm it but unfortunately, things rarely go in the right direction when Toby was concerned.

“Miss me, Nephew?” his eyes widened immensely as he immediately ducked below the wave of the hellfire-infused scythe that would have cut his head right off, vibranium body or not.

Locking eyes with the maddened Toby, he could see the dark energy taking over more and more of his mind as even his eyes held a dark tint to them, the calm and collected combatant nowhere to be seen in those eyes,

It would seem that Toby they knew was gone and all that remained in his place was someone addled with Dark energy.

Coating his hands in light elemental energy, he began trading blows with Toby while making sure to avoid his scythe.

Already, he was being overpowered as more and more dark liquid began oozing out of Toby’s body, covering him in it. He could already envision the rough fight ahead of him.

Even disintegration could not stop Dormammu’s chosen one then. 

Blasting Toby back with the biggest light energy blast he could, he took out one of the space stone energy ingots that he kept in his storage space.

Toby recovered from the blast and launched himself at Alfred but he paid no heed to the incoming Toby as Daisy stood in front of him and unleashed the biggest blast she could, completely tearing apart Toby and making his body look more and more like Swiss cheese.

Toby’s face held none of the pain but only soft confusion regarding the surprise attack. 

“Ugh,” He heard Daisy grunt as the toll of manipulating that level of vibrations took its toll on her arms. He could see multiple blood vessels bursting in her hands due to the stray vibrations that entered her body, despite it being suitably enhanced and due to the continuous stream of vibrations that Daisy was putting in her attack, her regen was not able to repair the damage she was doing to herself.

“Haha, Interesting. I don’t think I have ever met you before but no matter, it won’t matter soon anyway,” he heard Toby laugh and shout out loud despite Daisy’s attack pushing him back and carving out his chest.

Daisy gave the command and multiple modules unfurled them from the back of her suit and with the energy stored in them, began adding to the wave of attack that Daisy was hitting Toby with.

The enhanced output cratered their surroundings even more but even then, he could see Toby adapting to the pressure and taking steady steps forward. He didn’t think Daisy would be able to sustain that level of output since even the continuous stream of CHI injections to her body that helped boost her regen levels, was helping.

Just as Daisy ran all out of juice and slumped forward, Jake jumped from behind and punched Toby with all his might, the resulting shockwave destroying the area around them and even the last working hand of Jake but even then, Toby stood up again.

It seemed as if Jake had lost all fighting prowess when with a painful pair, Eric stood up and sent a stream of gamma energy towards his brother. That must have been very painful since the seal could not be opened completely without multiple different keys from different people and brute forcing it would only pressurise the soul which was bound to cause some damage, aside from the excruciating pain. 

Jake was seemingly on his last legs when the boost of energy from behind him revitalised his systems. The damage to his arms remained the same but phantom arms made of Gamma energy manifested in front of him and as if he was seeing a green rendition of Stark’s hulkbuster armour, a green giant stood in place of Jake.

With his job done, Eric slumped down on the ground, bleeding from all his orifices. His suit was working overtime to stabilise his vitals. 

With a furious roar and gamma seemingly wafting off his entire being, Jake entered the foray and began pummeling Toby but even from a distance, he could see the damage Toby suffered was replaced by Dark energy immediately while Jake had a finite amount of energy to begin with.

He needed to finish this.

But how?

The painful memories of the Ancient One came to his mind at that exact moment.

He smiled bitterly as it would seem that even from the afterlife, the Ancient One ended up teaching him.

Slamming his hands together, “With this treasure, I summon,” he invoked the sacred pact of Vishanti while offering the last space stone energy ingot he had on him. 

While that in itself might not seem much but it was the first one that they had been able to produce. A joint project between him and the Ancient One.

It held enormous sentimental value to him.

As soon as he finished chanting the spell, an otherworldly pressure emanated from the white glow that began to form in front of him. The entire world began moving in slow motion as he noticed that without him knowing, his Astral form was ejected from his body.

He could feel whoever was on the other side of the light judging his very soul and fortunately, whatever they saw made them approve of his request.

He expected to get an item, a weapon that could help end the fight but what he got was an energy ball.

It zoomed right into his head and a metric ton of data was slammed into his mind. Had it been 

any

 human they would have been dead, period. 

Since it was him, he was able to assimilate that data immediately and without delay, willed the magic circle into existence.

Just in time too as Jake was thrown back, all bloodied. He sidestepped Jake and internally winced at the crashing noise but it would all be worth it if the spell worked.

And it would. Aiming at Toby, the spell began draining his reserves of faith, of CHI and even began siphoning the dimensional energy that flowed through him, making a dull ache appear in his chest at the enhanced flow rate.

“In the name of Vishanti,” He said as the spell began taking shape. It turned into a ball of blinding white light and almost as if it was a black hole, began absorbing any and all sorts of energies in it, even the Dark Energy that Toby emitted through his very being, “I banish you,” The spell was then sent flying at Toby who at first, tried to grasp the ball of light with his hands but his entire torso began burning as soon as the spell made contact.

At this point, no trace of Toby or any sort of mind could be seen on the monstrosity’s face as more and more Dark energy began pouring out of that body, trying to extinguish the light of the spell.

Soon, all that remained of Toby was a blob of Dark energy that kept trying to keep the spell at bay, almost creating a balance as the spell kept on burning the Dark energy it came into contact with, only for more dark energy to take its place.

His face must have shown immense shock as he could see that even the spells of Vishanti powered by almost all of his energy reserves still were not enough.

Standing solely on the reserve energy provided by one of his backup arc reactors, his mind churned furiously as he tried to think of anything that could help them at least survive this altercation.

It would seem that they would have to abandon the carrier and Project Ark. While the carrier could be rebuilt, project Ark would probably be lost forever.

But it was a price he was willing to pay for the continued safety of Ed.

Just as he was about to give the command to abandon ship, dark violet eyes manifested in front of the dark ball that was contending with the increasingly smaller-looking ball of light.

Chills ran down his spine as it seemed to smirk looking behind him and before he could do anything, threw the head of Ancient One at him.

He watched in horror as it landed right in front of the barrier that held Ed and Frank. He stilled as Ed looked at the stoic face of the dead Ancient One and his eyes began going green.

His worst fears were about to come true but before he could warn Frank about it, a tentacle lashed out from Ed’s suit and knocked Frank out.

“Run!” he transmitted to the entire crew of the superclass carrier.

Commanding the suits of everybody nearby, he risked the ward integrity of Project Ark and opened a portal for everybody to get out of the place.

All of them went in but the portal fizzled out before Frank could get in. 

The storm of energy and matter that now surrounded Ed destabilised the entire dimension they were in. 

If not stopped, Ed would kill himself but destroy their foe once and for all. 

But looking at the expression on Ed’s face, he was not sure if he could even be stopped at all.

Sighing, he tried to wake up Frank. His abilities would at least make sure that they survived the oncoming onslaught as he could see Dormammu bringing out even more of his presence in the dimension, the much looser laws surrounding the alternate dimensions allowing him to exert more of his influence. His presence began towering over the seemingly smaller Ed.

In comparison, matter of all kinds from their surroundings began funneling itself into the tornado that surrounded Ed.

Midway through, he could see the matter morphing into different things, suitable for combat as Ed’s powers began working in overdrive.

_______________________________________________________________

Word Count - 2285

If you guys would like to read ahead, you can head onto my P-atreon. It is the same name as my username.

You know you want to, why resist?

I already have up to 15 extra chapters uploaded there.

19