Technomancer in MCU #91
194 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer - I don’t own anything. Please support the official release.

Chapter 91

Technomancer in MCU

Asgard

–Thor Odinson–

While he paced in the background of Eir’s office, she was busy doing…something with Jane’s body. He didn’t have the faintest clue as to what that was.

He cursed himself for not attending the extra training classes that were given to raise awareness of this particular branch of seidr. In his defense, he never did have the patience to sit and learn complicated stuff that made his brain hurt. He had to bleed away all of that energy.

Eir’s sharp intake of air brought him out of his reverie. Rushing to the soul forge, he could see the feed where it showcased Jane’s body before, it was only showing half of her body.

!!

Literally half of her body could not be seen on the Soul Forge. His only consolation was the fact that he could sense Jane’s breathing and it was stable.

“What is happening?” he whispered furiously to Eir as he pulled her away from the Soul Forge.

“It--It’s an Infinity Stone,” Eir whispered, more to herself than to him.

“Wha-What?” he nearly shouted before looking back at Jane. 

If she housed an infinity stone, then…

Shaking his head to get rid of such thoughts, he looked back at Eir, “Which one? How do you know for sure? Is there any way we can remove it from her without telling anybody?”

Eir snapped her eyes towards him and he could literally feel the incredulousness oozing out of her at his questions.

She snapped, “With all due respect, Prince Thor but are you Insane? That is an Infinity Stone energy signature that has been detected by the Soul Forge. I have no power over it as it has already sent a message, probably to the All-Father himself. Secondly, removing an infinity stone? Do you think it is a common tumor that can just be removed from a body? It has latched on to her systems and the only reason she is not a shriveled corpse due to the energy strain is a golden energy that is alarmingly similar to the Odin Force.”

She then sighed, “I’m sorry, Prince Thor but her fate is now up to the All-Father. Maybe not even him because I don’t see a way of taking out the stone without killing her.”

Saying that she left her own office, probably to give him some alone time with Jane.

He stood there, wide-eyed, shocked at the things Eir had told him.

He didn’t know how long he had stood there, listening to the rhythmic beating of Jane’s heart when he was brought out of his melancholy by the door bursting open and his Father’s thundering presence entering the room. He was followed by Loki and Eir, along with his usual platoon of Einharjar.

“Fathe-” he wasn’t given a chance to speak as Odin rushed directly towards the Soul Forge.

Wrestling control of it due to his mastery of the Odin Force, he looked over the recent records of Jane when he came upon a particular entry and froze entirely.

Xxxxxxxxx

–Odin Borson–

Impossible!

When he had first been alerted of a category 3 alarm going off at one of the command centres, he had been cautious sure, but more confused as a category 3 alarm had not been raised since Thor was born.

So, he took his time responding to it since there was no obvious threat and the alarm was coming from Eir’s office which had already sent ahead a notice saying that it was not urgent.

Imagine his surprise when, upon reaching the Royal Healer’s chamber, he was informed by Eir herself that it was regarding an Infinity Stone. His gait only hastened as he felt his Odin Force thrum with energy as if it was resonating with what was inside Eir’s office.

Once inside, he directly went to the Soul Forge, curious to see how the mortal had breached all of Asgard’s defenses. He wouldn't be surprised if the answer to that question was an Infinity Stone since those things were known to regularly break the known laws of the Universe.

Upon checking the logs, he could see the anomaly as it could not detect the type of Infinity Stone it was but it had the data on the Space Stone, and using that data, Eir was able to conclude that this Jane housed an Infinity Stone within her.

That still didn’t explain the disturbance he felt in the Odin Force when coming closer to the mortal.

Deciding to do something about that disturbance, his hand passed through the barrier of the Soul Forge as if it was not there at all. His hand hovered above the left hand of the mortal.

“Father, wha-” his son’s questions were stopped by a single hand gesture from him. Now was not the time to quibble about mortal relationships and how foolish it is to pursue them, being an Asgardian.

A simple feedback spell returned the same result as the one given by the Soul Forge, complete blackout.

The left side of the mortal had been completely blacked out by the Infinity Stone as if it was not in phase with reality at all.

..

His eyes widened as he realised something. Activating the Odin Force’s shroud that surrounded him with a golden glow, in case the Stone lashed out at him, he powered the feedback spell with the Odin Force this time and the results stunned him speechless.

The energy currently shrouding the Reality Stone and protecting Jane Foster had the signature of none other than…his father, Bor Burison, the previous wielder of the force he now called the Odin Force.

The energy, as if recognising the Odin Force, sang in joy and began gorging on his energy. He absentmindedly continued supplying it the required energy as he could feel the remnants of his father’s energy turn from a thin sheet to that of a flowing blanket that cocooned the malicious influence of the Reality Stone.

The Reality Stone, sensing the threat from his father’s energy, lashed out at the cocoon holding it inside the mortal’s body. Almost immediately, the mortal began coughing out blood and he had to imperceptibly cast an illusion around them so his foolish son didn't come rushing in and destroy everything, including any chance of saving his mortal paramour.

He stopped feeding energy to the barrier made up of his father’s energy and the Reality Stone stopped lashing out.

Hmm. It would seem that the records were true. The Dark Elves had done something that changed the very nature of the container of the Reality Stone, otherwise, it would not have lashed out just now. Infinity Stones are pretty inert until somebody tries to use them.

The big question right now was where did this mortal get the Reality Stone or the Aether as it was called in the archives?

Last he had heard of it, it was sealed away by his father in some remote corner of the galaxy, never to be seen again. 

Maybe it has something to do with the Conver–

!!

His eyes widened as he felt something enter Asgard, almost undetected. The only reason he was able to sense something was due to the Odin Force shroud he was wearing which enhanced his senses manifold.

He turned around, “Quick, sound the ala–”

Before he could finish that sentence, his entire vision was filled with darkness. Annoyed at the interruption, he let the Odin Force loose, burning away the wisps of darkness that had tried to cling to the room.

The very next moment, the crackling sound of Thunder could be heard as Thor blasted through the building walls and went outside to confront the enemy. Loki was nowhere to be seen either. 

Of course, Loki functioned the best when he had the best vantage point after all and with his magic, this level of blinding curse was nothing.

His brows wrinkled as he could hear Thor’s shouts of confusion but before he could go out and assist his son, he felt the energy within the mortal try to connect to his mind, something that he was wary about since he had no idea what the energy would try to do.

Upon multiple nudges from his father’s last left energy in the universe, he gave in and allowed it to form a mental connection with himself.

 

Xxxxxxxxx

–Thor Odinson–

The darkness cover was everywhere and yet there was no enemy in sight. He tried calling for Heimdall to lend him his legendary vision but apparently, he had been thrown into the waters below the Rainbow Bridge during an altercation with one of the bigger ships. The ship was now nowhere to be found as it had somehow resumed its invasion, even after Heimdall destroyed an engine, from what he was able to gather from the panicked shoutings of the Einherjar.

He could not see anything beyond the Royal Palace but he could see flashes of green magic as Loki seemed to do his job and kill the intruders.

It was a good thing that he had some steam to release as well.

Calling forth the unbridled power hidden within Mjolnir, he raised his hammer up in the sky and shouted, “For Asgard!”

A titanic bolt of blue lightning hit Mjolnir and illuminated the area around him, burning away the encroaching darkness. 

“Haa!” Pointing Mjolnir forward, his form crackled with lightning as he did a flyby of the nearest settlements and destroyed the darkness curtain that was plaguing the Einharjars from identifying and fighting with the intruders.

So far, he had neither seen the head nor hide of any of the intruders.

His eyes spotted something he had never expected to see. Loki, injured, sitting down, in between the normal civilians of Asgard.

The Loki he knew would have fled the scene at the first sign of weakness and never mingled with the rabble, as he called them.

Landing harshly in front of Loki, he waved off the people coming close and crouched down in front of his brother, “Injured, brother?”

Loki deadpanned at him and stood up, breathing a bit heavily, “To quote a mortal, I can do this all day,” and then he disappeared.

Sigh, typical Loki.

He didn’t even get a chance to ask him about who was able to injure him and how they were able to get away from him.

His thoughts were interrupted by something that shook the entirety of the street he was standing on.

Amidst the panicked shoutings of the crowd, he turned around to see a formation of three massive ships that had now surrounded the golden barrier that protected the Royal Castle.

Another concentrated blow struck the shield from all three of the ships and he could see the barrier get visibly thinner from the onslaught. It was only a matter of time before they got access to the Palace and with that, to Jane.

“Not on my watch,” he growled as lightning crackled around him and Mjolnir and without thinking about it, he just jumped and zoomed towards one of the ships.

Once he reached the intended height, he swung Mjolnir with all his might and stuck the top of one of the ships, leading to a loud banging noise that resonated throughout Asgard and even burst his eardrums for a bit.

But even after that blow, the ship remained standing and still kept attacking the barrier instead of him, as if he was not worthy of being attacked.

The rabble that surrounded the ships began trying to attack him but they were a nuisance at best that could be solved by a swing of Mjolnir.

What he needed was a way to destroy those huge ships before Father had to step in and strain his already old body.

‘I wonder what Ed and the others are doing? Surely, they must have realised the commotion by now’ Thor thought as he was about to try and knock down at least one of the ships but before he could do anything, with a thunderous crashing sound, the golden barrier surrounding the Royal Palace broke apart.

His eyes widened in horror as he saw the ships charging another one of those darkness attacks but before he could fly in and do anything, a familiar barrier emerged in front of the palace and stopped the attack.

The shield was destroyed by the attack but the important thing was that the attack was stopped in its tracks.

He recognised that shield sigil. It was used by the Mystics on Midgard and the only one that was present on Asgard right now was…Alfred.

________________________________________________________________

Word Count - 2121

If you guys would like to read ahead, you can head onto my P-atreon. It is the same name as my username.

You know you want to, why resist?

I already have up to 15 extra chapters uploaded there.

10