Where did the general go?
105 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Where did the General Go?

In the palace,

"Your Highness, I don't think that it is a good idea to go against the senate's decision to appoint Ranulf as the new duke and with the position of the grand general"

"Sir Benedick, I will like to ask you a question?"

"Please ask your highness."

"How long have you been serving me as my knight?"

"9 years, sir."

"So, you should know Who I am, right?"

"You are the king of Gracia, your highness."

"Yes, I am the king, and do you think that a king needs to listen to the bunch of old farts who only know to eat and shit besides all of them already have one leg in the grave." Benedick just shook his head helplessly as he already knew that nothing he said would change the king's mind.

"Sir, but do you think that General Ranulf is worthy enough to hold the title of the duke? It is not an ordinary noble title?"

"Benedick, always remember this. There is no one more suitable for the role than this person. I originally wanted to give him this title a few months later, but that idiot actually wanted to retire, and I definitely cannot let that happen. If I want to bring chage to the kingdom, I will need Ranulf."

Just as they were discussing Ranulf, A knight suddenly enters the room.

"Sir! Forgive my interruption, but there is a piece of urgent news."

Sethornus was angry at the sudden interruption, but he still told the knight to speak. But after the knight told him the news, there was no anger or happiness but only shock on the faces of both Benedick and Sethornus.

"Sir, General Ranulf ran away from his home and left this letter."

After getting the letter from the Knight, Sethornus started laughing loudly.

"So, you think that you will be able to escape just by running away. Benedick!"

"Yes, Your highness."

"Tell everyone the news; The king of Gracia has given general Ranulf the title of the Arc duke, and Hence fort the General would be know by the name Ranulf de bloodvile"

"???"

"Sir, shouldn't we send a search party to get general Ranulf back?"

"That's the funniest thing I have heard all day Benedick, you should clearly know would any of the knight or the shadow squad be able to force that monster to return, and besides, it's not like he is planning a treason or anything. He must be planning to go to some remote village and live there for a while."

Even though it was hard to accept what the king said, Benedick knew that it was true. There is no other person in the entire army who will be able to defeat Ranulf.

"But why give him the title when he is rejecting it?"

"It can be considered to be a form of repayment and kind of an investment as well. In the future, when there is any problem in the kingdom, Ranulf would have to come; his sense of duty won't let him stay still, and if he is in any sort of problem, he can use his title. A win-win situation."

"Sir, but I still think we should at the very least know where he is planning to stay."

"Yes, Create a small team to track Ranulf's location and tell me immediately and tell them not to engage in any sort of contact with him." After receiving the king's order, Benedick was just about to leave

"Benedick, you should also go with the team and tell me where the general went."

8