Chapter 3: A Talking Orc
87 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: A Talking Orc

In the outskirts of the kingdom of Gracior, four children were silently entering the jungle, slowly hiding from the elders' eyes; while making their way into the jungle.

"Jef do you really think it is a good idea to enter the forest without telling our parents, I heard my parents talking that there is an increase in number of magic beasts in the forest."

"Yeah! my dad and uncle were also talking about it."

"That's exactly why we are going in the forest to hunt a magic beast."

"Are you mad this is a suicide, have you learned nothing in the school even a level 1 magic beast is strong as 10 Bull combined and you are thinking of defeating it"

"Shut up Elsa don't you know taking risks is a man thing a girl like you won't understand it. When the villagers know that we defeated a magic beast they will stop treating us as weak children and will allow us to go hunting with them. Rather than doing chores in the home." do

"Then tell me oh great one how are you thinking of defeating a magic beast."

Jef points at all of them and says, "with all of our skill."

Elsa was starting to get annoyed as she listened to his nonsense

"What skill are you talking about?" She pointed at the fat child and asked, "the skill to eat more than an adult?", Pointed at another child and asked, "the skill to cry at any time" and finally she pointed at Jeff and asked, "OR the skill to brag and daydream?, Jeff we are just kids even a knight will have a hard time dealing with a magic beast."

"Come on Elsa, all four of us have a special skill."

"oh and what might that be?"

"Ed may be fat but he has a strong fist, Arc may be a cry baby but even adults have a hard time when trying to catch him, you are the smartest person in our class and I am also learning swordsman ship from my father with all of us together we can definitely defeat a magic beast. And if we are able to successfully defeat a magic beast then the magic tower will definitely take notice of you, who knows they might even take you as a student. So, why don...."

Before he could finish his sentence, Elsa shouted, "Lets kill some magic beast" and ran towards the forest.

All three boys were looking at her with a dumbfounded expression and quickly followed behind her.

The children searched for a magic beast all day but could not find anything, but as they were returning home, They heard a growl of a beast, hoping it was a magic beast. All four of them went toward the direction of the sound, and they didn't have to be disappointed as they found a magic beast, and it turned out to be a magical beast of level 4 "Lion Ape." All the children froze on the spot, Jef after a few seconds of cowering, he came to his sense and immediately shouted at his friends to run, all children ran toward the village. All children were already exhausted, and after running for a while, Jeff fell. The children stopped and were going to help him up. The Lion Ape caught Jeff; the children got scared and started running. Jeff thinking that its time for his death, closed his eyes, thinking about his mom and dad and greatly regretting not listening to Elsa's advice.

"Mom, Dad I am sorry your son is going to die before you," he silently started sobbing. He waited and waited the death didn't come when he opened his eyes he saw that the lion ape didn't kill him but was taking him somewhere. After a while, they arrived at a cave near the waterfall. Jeff was hoping that he would stall for time until his father came looking for him, but after entering the cave, he became horrified and thought it would have been better to die instantly. He saw that the Lion Ape had the habit of eating cooked meat, so he instantly knew that he would be cooked alive, and learning about it, he finally broke down and started crying and shouting. The Ape didn't seem to care about it and was preparing a fire. As he watched the fire burning, he started to imagine the situation he would be in. It didn't take much time as the Ape finished preparing everything and started tearing the boy's clothes. The boy was struggling as much as he could when suddenly he heard a voice.

"What is going on here?" Jeff saw a giant figure coming towards them, thinking it was a rescue team from the village. Jeff started yelling loudly, asking for help. The man slowly approached. Even though there was little light due to the fire, Jeff couldn't see the man's face. The man slowly took his sword out, looked at the Ape, and said, "You should have stayed being satisfied with eating the banana."

The Ape looked at the man and felt the fear, the fear of being looked at by a predator, the ape not being able to accept the fear he his feeling attacked him. The man raised his sword without any expression on his face, then a strange light started wrapping around the sword, and before Jef could know what was happening, the Ape's head and body were already separated.

The man slowly went toward Jeff and asked him, "You okay kid?"

But as the man started going closer to Jeff, his expression instantly turned into that of fear, and as the man was about to help him up, Jeff shouted, "Ahhhh.....A TALKING ORC" and fainted.

5