The First Breakfast in the Village
427 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: The  First Breakfast in the village

After following the village head, Ranulf entered the kitchen of the Grey's where a huge amount of food was placed on the table. Rose and her daughter Mary were already on their seats and were waiting for them.

Rose looks toward Oliver and asks, "What took you so long?, the two of us have been waiting for you." Oliver smiles at his wife and says,"I would have came earlier if I wasn't searching for this guy." Ranulf could only laugh awkwardly at his comment.

"Well since we are here lets start our breakfast, and where is Freya is the lass still sleeping or something?" Oliver asks his wife

"She woke up earlier than you she just came back from the market, she is in the backyard washing her hands she will be here any sec.., oh! there she is. Come on sit down your father was just asking about you." Mrs. Rose looks behind Ranulf and tells the person.

Ranulf looked behind to see the newcomer but the moment he laid his eyes on the newcomer he was completely captivated, the person behind him was the same person who he considered to be an angel. He was looking at her with a completely dumbfounded look. Oliver saw the look on Ranulf's face and with a sheepish grin says,"She a great beauty isn't she?, She got her looks from me." Ranulf without any thought just nods subconsciously seeing this Oliver laughs loudly.

After hearing Oliver's laugh Ranulf suddenly realizes what just happened and starts to violently shake his head, " No thats not it.."

Oliver fakes an angry look and asks again,"So, you don't think she is beautiful?"

Ranulf hastily shakes his head and says,"No she is the most beautiful person I have seen." Hearing this Oliver and all the people looks at Ranulf with a silent look and then everyone gives a grin.

Mrs. Rose seeing what is happening gently shakes her head and scolds her husband,"Don't tease him too much and look at Freya's face she is already red."

Ranulf looks at Freya and seeing her face getting red his face also starts to get red. Oliver doesn't misses this and start bursting into laughter.

Freya takes her seat besides her sister and gently smiles and nods towards Ranulf, He also politely return her nod.

Oliver then looks at Ranulf and tells him,"Let me introduce her to you, she is Freya my eldest daughter she is also one of the mages in this village."

Ranulf looks at her with admiration being a mage is hard enough but being able to become a certified mage coming from this rural village is near impossible.

Ranulf seeing Freya suddenly thinks,"Since she is a certified mage she should be in the capital working for the government or doing research rather than staying in this village."

Seeing the look on Ranulf face Oliver could guess what he was thinking," She was staying in the capital few years back but due to the 3 Peak terror incident she was sent back."

Ranulf clearly remembered the 3 peak terror incident when a group called the pure human society used mana disruptor to stop mages from casting magic and then bombed the entire mage society. The horrific incident which lead to the death of 200 young mages and many disabled.

Ranulf looks at her again with a look of concern for a person who witnessed that incident were severely be affected.

Oliver again says,"You don't know how lucky we are that nothing happened to our daughter."

Ranulf nods his head, for the mages who have been able too survive that incident were indeed lucky

Ranulf looked at her and said,"Stay strong."

Freya looks at Ranulf gives him a smile and nods.

Oliver laughs again and tell to everyone, "Forget about the old things lets eat."

It may have been because Ranulf hadn't had breakfast in a long time he ate the food like a hungry beast.

The Grey's looked at him with a dumbfounded look but they just smiled and didn't say anything. After he ate almost all the food himself he suddenly realize what just happened he looked at everyone apologetically.

Oliver just pat him on back and said, "A real man must eat like a beast."Ranulf could only eat his food quietly.

After the breakfast was over Ranulf volunteered to wash the dishes but Rose hurriedly snatches the plate from his hand and tells him," In this house no guest are allowed to work."

Then Oliver approaches him," So, what are your plans for today ? Anything you want to do.?"

Ranulf looks at Oliver and says,"Well I am thinking about looking around the village seeing if this is the place I am searching for."

"Ho Ho that's not a bad idea. You could go to the village square first and then see all the places in the village. Some of the villagers may want to meet you after the yesterdays incident."

6