What if Lord Voldemort had a deep dark secret that no one knew about?
438 8 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This one was interesting to start and then... petered out.

“He's here!” James Potter exclaimed as the tall dark figure smashed through the front door with an overpowered banishing charm. “Take Harry and run!”

Lily Potter did just that as her husband fought valiantly to buy them time. She knew James wouldn't last long against one of the most powerful wizards in existence and she entered the baby's room at the top of the stairs. She plopped Baby Harry into his crib because she needed her hands free to start activating the protective enchantments that she had consulted her good friend Selena Lovegood about.

I just hope I can get this sequence right. Lily thought and did several taps on a rune cluster and then did an intricate wand waving motion as she whispered a string of Pig-Latin words that almost sounded like a song.

The door behind her burst open and startled her, so her last wand motion became a slash instead of a jab as she dropped her wand.

“Step aside, girl.” Lord Voldemort said in a voice so menacing that Lily trembled as she turned to face him.

“Never.” Lily said as she did her best to glare at the man that was destroying her family.

“I won't ask again.” Voldemort said and raised his wand.

“If you want to get at Harry, you will have to go through me.” Lily said with much more confidence than she felt. She knew she was going to die anyway and gave herself up as a sacrifice in the faint hope that it would do something to save her baby.

“It is foolish of you to throw your life away so recklessly.” Voldemort said with a sneer. “You should have joined me and saved both yourself and your family.”

Lily shook her head. “We could never join you! You're evil and...”

“Avada Kedavra!” Voldemort spat and the jet of green light ended Lily Potter's existence. He walked over to the fallen woman and shook his head at her. “Your petulance only delayed the inevitable.”

Baby Harry managed to stand up in his crib, even though he was only 15 months old, and his eyes stared at the scene. They had tears in them, because of all the loud noises and things, not because he understood what was happening.

Voldemort shifted his gaze to the boy and raised his wand. “You... my fated rival... my enemy... my nemesis... my...” He stopped talking when their eyes locked together into an intense staring contest.

There was a lot of magic in the air and Voldemort felt a small spark pass between them.

“What... what is this feeling?” Voldemort asked as something inside his chest warmed up. His wand wavered at the look in the baby's eyes and Voldemort couldn't understand why the boy did not fear him. His visage terrified everyone that saw it and just speaking his name made people tremble in fear. He had built his reputation specifically to cause that, because cowed people rarely ever resisted.

The boy was not cowed and only looked curious.

Voldemort's wand moved away from the baby's face and pointed to his own. He tapped his forehead and the almost snake-like face and bald head shimmered and started to melt like wax as it mostly dissolved and dripped onto the carpet, as did the rest of her disguise.

A few moments later, a gorgeous woman with long flowing black hair and aristocratic features stood before the crib. Her fake identity no longer protected her and she dropped the heavy cloak she wore to the floor. Her battle wand felt from her limp hand and landed on the crumpled cloth.

Thomasine Riddle stepped forward and stood next to the crib. “Out of all the people I've met and killed over the years, it's a baby that has the sheer gall to not be afraid of me.” She said and tenderly picked Baby Harry up and held him close. “I just killed your parents, Harry. You should be shaking in fear that you'll be next.”

It was at that moment that Harry's digestive system decided it needed to purge itself in the most expedient way possible.

*PFFFFTTTT-BLURCH!*

“Ughhh!” Thomasine groaned and tried to cover her dainty nose as a pungent smell filled the room and the baby's diaper.

Baby Harry giggled.

“That is the most awful smell that... what have they been feeding you?” Thomasine asked him and managed to shift him to her left arm and took out her normal wand before she waved it at the diaper. The source of the smell disappeared and yet the odour remained.

“Ma...ma?” Baby Harry asked, because only Lily had ever done that for him.

“Not yet, Harry.” Thomasine said as a wicked thought entered her mind. “We need to leave. Your jailers will be here soon.” She said and waved her wand at the room and packed everything Harry owned and it shrunk and slipped into her pockets.

As she walked towards the doorway, she also seemingly increased the awful smell and added a few other little things to the air in the room, then walked down the hallway and the stairs.

As she left the house, she absently flicked her wand at the cottage to start a small fire.

*WHAA-BOOOM!*

Half of the roof exploded outwards and rained debris over the yard and street.

“You really need to watch yourself when you pass gas, Harry.” Thomasine commented and Harry giggled again.

“M-m-master!” Peter exclaimed and ran over to her from where he had hidden in the bushes. “You were supposed to ki...”

“Avada Kadavra.” Thomasine interrupted him and Peter fell to the ground, dead. She swiped at his arm and revealed the Dark Mark that he had willingly taken. “A bit of deception is in order, I think.”

It took only a minute for her to weave the spell and tapped his arm. The dark ink-like tattoo faded into barely being visible and she felt the magic flow out to all of her followers. Their marks would soon be faded as well.

Thomasine nodded and apparated away just in time, because another person popped into existence not far away.

Sirius yelled at the destruction he could see and looked around to discover who could have done it and saw Peter's lifeless body. “ACCIO CORPSE!” He yelled and the body flipped several times as it flew through the air and landed at Sirius' feet. “I see Voldemort doesn't like traitors any more than I do.” He said and kicked the body's ribs and heard several of them crack. He kept kicking for several seconds before he remembered to go into the house to check on his best friend and his family.

What Sirius saw shocked him to the core of his being. They were dead and Harry was gone.

*

The wizarding world rejoiced at the fall of Voldemort and celebrated for weeks afterwards, even after the investigation into what really happened ended. Albus Dumbledore had manipulated things just enough to have Harry Potter be seen as a hero, a reclusive one, who had saved the wizarding world from the scourge of Lord Voldemort. It was part of the prophecy, after all. Who was Dumbledore to doubt such things?

Now he just had to somehow find the boy. With luck, he would soon have him squirrelled away from society and ignorant of his own importance to the wizarding world.

Little did Albus know that his ambition to control the Boy-Who-Lived would go unfulfilled.

*

Ten years later, Marvolo Gaunt cursed his mother. The blood boiling curse.

Thomasine laughed and easily batted the curse away. “Mar, you're better than that! Aim for the trunk of the body, not the head or arms!”

“Sorry, Mum!” Marvolo said and did a half-twist of his wrist and then jabbed his wand towards her stomach. It was the organ liquefying curse this time.

“Better!” Thomasine said and had to dodge. “Don't forget to follow up with the dual cutting spells!”

“Mum! I'm trying to fight here!” Marvolo exclaimed and did exactly as she said. Two diffindo curses flew at her side by side and she used a shield spell to block them.

This was as far as I went with the brainworm. I have the outline of Harry going to school and going into Slytherin, and then... he would be a Slytherin. There wasn't much that I could do with it. Reveal he's a parselmouth and house reacts. Been done. Is grey and not evil. Been done. Takes over the snakepit. Been done. Redeems Snape after torturing him for what he did. Interesting, but Sycophant!Snape isn't. I just didn't think I could bring much to it and abandoned it.

15