Chapter 10: She is Doing Well.
180 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This novel is finished, and you can wait for daily chapter uploads, or purchase the novel physical or digital on Amazon here. And you can also purchase it digital through various online retailers here. Or, you can donate $10 to my Patreon to get access to all of my content, here.

Chapter 10: She is Doing Well.

(Mercedes’s POV)

Mercedes: “She is doing well so far.” I say with a happy tone.

Mai: “That she is. Her eyes shined for a little while. Does that mean it worked?” She asked with a thinking pose.

Mercedes: “You know that, in your heart, that her eyes shining for a bit doesn’t mean that she will survive. Marinkia can still just end up as a zombie.” I deny with a sigh.

Mai: “And that is so damn annoying… Why do we have to stay away from her? I know that we have too, as it is instinct, but why exactly? You’ve been like this longer than me, I would guess.” She asked with an annoyed tone.

Mercedes: “Well, if she stays with us, then her cells will not change. Instead, they will just stay stagnant. With our virus inside her, we cannot stay close to her, or Marinkia will just absolutely turn into a zombie.” I explained.

Turning into a zombie would mean the end for Marinkia… Like a mother bird leaving her grown children, we have to let Marinkia go on her own. Only then will she end up turning into our wife. Before that, putting hope in her is dangerous.

Mai: “Is there any way for us to speed up the process? How long does it take, anyway?” She asked.

Mercedes: “For my friend, it took him three years before his mate turned into our kind.” I answer.

Mai: “Three years? But the zombies only now showed up…” She replied with a confused expression.

Mercedes: “That’s what you know, but do you really think that the undead only showed up recently? Why else would every city have giant fortified walls blocking them in?” I reply.

Mai: “How… how long has this been going on?” She asked with a curious tone.

Mercedes: “For around forty years. Grant didn’t go insane, he got bitten, which was why he turned himself into an AI. The fall was fast due to zombies already taking out a lot of cities without him stopping us.” I explain.

Mai: “That’s so confusing… why did no one know about this?” She asked.

Mercedes: “Because Grant hid all the information about it. Since he was bitten, he gave up trying to stop us. With no one to stop us, the rest of the world was quick to infect.” I reply.

Mai: “What is the endgame for us? It isn’t to infect the world, right?” She asked with a thinking pose.

Mercedes: “You ask too many questions, fool. Just know that if Marinkia dies, I won’t be sparing you any longer.” I say with an angry tone.

Mai: “So… if she doesn’t die, will you tell me?” She asked.

Mercedes: “I guess so?” I reply with a shrug.

Mai: “…”

Tch… this girl is nowhere near as fun to tease as Marinkia is… Being sister wives is a rare thing. After all, most of our kind will find one mate and then mate for life. There are exceptions, though.

Even before entering this city, I knew of Marinkia scent. In fact, it was like I was drawn here to her. And that isn’t surprising at all. Considering that I didn’t rape her to change Marinkia into my kind, it should work.

Most of the time, if you try to change someone that doesn’t consent to it, then they will just turn into a useless undead. Though, as the virus changes and spreads further, especially with Grant giving up, there might be new breeds of zombies in the future.

On top of that, it wouldn’t be surprising if some people bitten by the zombies end up with super powers. Which would be very annoying to deal with. But you can’t know the future, after all.

As for Mai… it is a shame that Marinkia was her wife as well. Like me, Mai smelled Marinkia from basically the very second that she became a changed human. What was it that Marinkia called us… new humans? We don’t really have a name for ourselves. At least, not one that I know of.

Anyway, since Mai was highly attracted to Marinkia as well, I couldn’t just kill her to take my wife for myself. I could have easily done so, but I am not a horrible person. I feel no remorse for my old race, humans, but I am still humane to my fellow people.

I have been a changed human for over twenty years, and from who I’ve talked to, a double marking is extremely rare. Not something that happens often.

Frankly, the main reason that I agreed is that Marinkia will end up stronger than if just I was the only one who had marked her. For our people, Mai and I would be, if you compared us to wolves, Alphas.

For Marinkia, that is, if she survives the change, she would be similar to an Omega. As weird as it sounds, it’s not like those ABO novels or anything like that. I was just making a comparison.

Still using that comparison, Marinkia would be a weaker version of our kind. Mai and I would have to protect her most of the time. But since she was double marked, Marinkia might be able to defend herself. Even from another Alpha like us.

Watching Marinkia remorselessly kill her fellow humans, well… seeing that put a smile on both Mai and I’s faces. I won’t deny that she clearly looked sad once her eyes returned to normal, but it does give me hope that this will work.

Mai: “Aw… did you see that?” She asked with a smile.

Mercedes: “I saw it… So cute. She didn’t expect that she would be so strong.” I reply with a chuckle.

Her reaction to her strength was very cute, and the reaction of her realizing that she messed up was even cuter to us. At least I can agree with Mai on how cute Marinkia is…

Mai: “Wow! Marinkia ran away so fast! Not as fast as us, though.” She praised our wife.

Mercedes: “If she survives, who knows? She might end up better than us. After all, Marinkia was injected with a mix of our virus, practically our DNA.” I reply.

Mai: “Our DNA… Does… would that make her our daughter if it works?” She nervously asked.

Mercedes: “Technically, I guess? But don’t think like that. She will be our wife, and not our daughter.” I quickly deny and bop the silly new born changed human on her head.

Mai: “Ouch…” She jokingly feigned pain.

I did threaten to kill her, but I won’t. She wouldn’t be the first new born that I looked after, and I doubt that she will be the last. In reality, in our culture, it is expected of me to treat her well and explain things to her.

But there is a small block to the desire to teach her. That is, that she sorta cucked me… Though, I do know a few people who have more than one wife or husband. Some of them even let their spouses mingle with others of our kind. Not that’s something I would allow. Marinkia and mine and Mai’s. No one else can touch her. Ever!

Mai: “Ah, we have to hurry and catch up with her!” She exclaimed, jumping from building to building at high speed.

Mercedes: “Such a hurry… it’s not like she could ever escape us.” I reply with a sigh filled shrug before chasing after the woman.

With Marinkia’s scent known to us, and once she changes, her scent will be even more pronounced and unique, perhaps even smelling of fruit, we will never lose her. In fact, she could be on the overside of the world, and we could still find her quickly. I really have to stop accidentally comparing myself to animals…

13