Chapter 77: That Took a Long While…
56 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 77: That Took a Long While…

(Marinkia’s POV)

Marinkia: “Mother… I am so tired…” I say with a groan.

Krul: “Then sleep?” She replied.

Marinkia: “…”

Krul: “…”

Marinkia: “My teeth hurt…” I say with another groan.

Krul: “Then we’ll rip them out. They’ll just heal back within a day.” She proposed.

Marinkia: “Why are you so cruel?” I ask with a pout.

Krul: “Do you really not remember what my name is?” She said with a giggle.

Marinkia: “…”

I was so fucking wrong… Sure; it was amazing how fast Krul and I changed everyone. But it still took a long fucking time to do so. How long? Fuck… It took over ten years to mark everyone that hadn’t been evolved yet.

By this bite… I mean, point, I was so goddamn tired. Luckily, I had just marked the last person. No, really. We finished that just now. I had no time to lament or think about things. I have been in extreme work mode this entire time…

Krul: “If it makes you feel any better, our people regard us as heroes. Both of our names will be forever engraved in the history of our kind.” She said with a motherly tone.

Marinkia: “But can I eat history?” I jokingly reply.

Krul: “…Your new yearly pension is 200,000,000 Credits per year.” She informed with a sigh.

Marinkia: “Woo! I fucking love money almost as much as I love my family!” I say with a happy tone, jumping up and down.

Krul: “…”

I don’t care if I look like a greedy little girl, as I am one. Besides, I did a very great deed for my people. Why shouldn’t I be allowed to gloat and be happy about having infinite money every year? Now, I have waited a long while… what should I buy?…

Krul: “Shall we go home?” She suggested.

Marinkia: “Carry me, please?” I reply with a pleading tone.

Krul: “…Fine.” She agreed with a sighful smile.

Marinkia: “Yay!” I happily exclaim.

Currently, Krul and I were leaving the house of the last person that we had to mark. With that, our people can date whoever, with our genders, that being mates and hunters, being now destroyed.

Around halfway through, we had already drastically improved our society by doing this. After all, really the main problem of our kind was the lack of mates. That was the reason why that one Numen tried to kill herself…

With Krul carrying me home, wait!… When the fuck could our kind fly? Have I been lied to this entire damn time!?…

Marinkia: “Why can you fly!?” I ask in shock.

Krul: “Silly girl, we all can now. Anna thinks that, with the new evolution, we have unlocked magic powers.” She answered with a laugh.

Marinkia: “…”

Krul: “It depends on the person, and Anna is doing a lot of research on it, but most of us can fly. That should include you, as well. Another power that we all have is the ability to change our hair color and eye color.” She explained.

Marinkia: “…”

What the fuck? To illustrate this point, Krul rapidly changed her eye and hair color. Why can we now be like a shitty gaming computer from the 2020s!? What else have I missed about our new evolution…

Much Thinking and Princess Carry Flying Later.

Back at our estate, I was shocked to see how it was… completely changed!? I haven’t been back this entire time, just bouncing from person to person so that we could mark them. Now it looks… very modern. Huh…

Krul: “While we were gone, Clare decided to renovate the estate. Do you like it?” She asked.

Marinkia: “Well… the outside looks nice, at least.” I answer with an unsure tone.

Krul: “Then, let’s check the inside too.” She proposed.

Marinkia: “Good idea.” I agree.

Going inside, I was happy to see that the interior was very nice as well. It wasn’t like I didn’t see this entire time. I very much did. But seeing the rest of my family all waiting for me made me tear up greatly.

Bang!

Confetti rained down for Krul and me, clearly being a celebration for us completing our task. Like I said, it wasn’t particularly hard, but it did take many years to finally mark everyone.

Mercedes: “Kia, I know that you’re very tired, but can you please come with us for the reveal?” She asked.

Marinkia: “What reveal?” I ask with a head tilt.

Mai: “The destruction of the walls.” She answered in Mai’s stead.

Marinkia: “It’s ready!?” I exclaim in surprise.

Clare: “Yes. The rest of us were working too, you know.” She said with a laugh.

Suddenly, all of my drowsiness vanished, and I was in a large shuttle by the time I realized it. This one was a far larger model than normal, and is top of the line in more ways than one.

That being the size. At most, even the most expensive shuttles could only hold four people comfortably. But this one could easily hold twelve people without sacrificing their comfort.

Another benefit was that you could see the entire outside world. The walls of the shuttle turned transparent, and you could see everything around you. It was pretty magical, in my opinion.

Above our district, I could see the various walls of ours, and the rest of the districts. All of which were about to be taken down. Why? Because we saved the earth. Various animals and plants now inhabit it, with pretty much every ecosystem being now repaired by us.

To not cause problems, the districts were already set up to be connected to each other. The walls were just left until now, as today will be celebrated as a new holiday. The day the world was restored, and the day where our society was saved by Krul and me.

Marinkia: “Wow…” That was all that I could say.

Unlike the others, I didn’t have the chance to appreciate the new world. Where there was only barren desert, or abandoned city, was now beautiful nature. It was breathtaking…

Thud!

The walls fell, and now no one was separated from each other. Of course, they still had houses and stuff. But now you could easily go to any district that you wanted to go to. Each one had a new train system that went through… everywhere.

Once the walls fell, I assumed that we would go back home. But instead, we fly to a floating platform. The platform… it looked to be set up for a wedding. Were we attending the wedding of some important person? It couldn’t be Anna… that woman would prefer her research to come to life so that she could fuck and marry it. Probably at the same time, too…

Mercedes: “Kia…” She said with a wistful smile.

Marinkia: “…”

Mai and Mercedes, after we reached the center of the platform, both got on one knee. They, together, presented a ring to me. Ah, so we’re going public with our marriage? Let’s just ignore that giant holographic display, which is clearly broadcasting this entire damn wedding to everyone.

Mercedes and Mai: “Kia, will you marry us?” They both ask.

Marinkia: “…”

Swallowing the words, “Aren’t we already married?” I decided to be a good wife and speak the words that they most wanted to hear right now. I am a good wife, after all.

Marinkia: “Of course. How can I not marry you two?” I agree with a smile, and oddly tears started flowing down from my eyes.

Fuck… I didn’t expect to cry… After they put the ring on my finger, they both took turns giving me kisses. They then guided me away from the center a bit, and Krul took a confused Clare to the center, getting on one knee, presenting a ring.

Clare: “…”

Krul: “In consideration of Kia and I, we delayed this for a long time. But now, Clare… will you marry me?” She asked with a smile.

Clare: “…Of course. You have made me happy for so many years, and I am sure that you will continue to do so.” She agreed with a smile, and tears flowing down her face.

Heh… at least I wasn’t the only one to cry at this wedding! With the short but happy ceremony over, we left on the shuttle that we came here in, and we went back to our estate. My main thought about this… is the funny realization that official marriages like this one will come back into favor now… Oops?… Sorry future couples for setting a new high bar…

6